Devildog and others please read.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with you Warfang. Scotty is a racer and a dang good one at that. He turned the fastest lap at the T1 runoffs and had it not been for a missed shift would have won instead of placing second. (do I have that correct Scotty?) I'm betting he wouldn't care (much anyway) if the Viper looked like it sounds - a UPS truck, as long as it performs.

I never said he wasn't a racer and a dang good one. He's got infinitly more time/skills on the track than I have (and will probably ever have). I just didn't think his last statement sounded very objective. But he clarified his position, and I agree with more of what he says than disagree.

It's hard to tell who's on who's side when everyone seems to be swinging wildly. It's a shame because I think the vast majority of people here like ALL gens, and acknowlege their pros and cons.

We should spend more time on things we have in common than things we don't.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I don't have a dog in this fight." Seems like you sold your old dog and got a new one

I guess maybe if I clarify what I meant by that I might not come under further attack?

What I mean by that comment WF was the fact that I really honestly love the styling of all 3 Gen cars! Hard to believe but I swear on my momma's grave I do! :headbang:

I sold the 97 to get a car with ABS (better racecar) and the ACR for an SRT10 Convert and replaced the last years Pole setting and laps record setting SRT10 Convert with a new SRT10 Coupe and traded that car up on a Comp Coupe...

As Chuck said with us it tends to be about performance and within the rule sets we have to work with the SRT's are the cars to have and honestly as technology marches on the "latest and greatest" are usually the best performers and in this case in near stock trim for the kind of racing we do the SRT out performs the GenII cars pure and simple...

Styling is definately a matter of opinion and I would never argue with any of you about which is better looking, I truly dig them all! If I could afford to have a GenII laying in the garage for Sunday drives and Friday night dates I would but all our hot rods are racecars somehow... :smirk: We don't have an SRT10 in the garage either WF, just a 300C & a Duramax, like I said all our hot rods are racecars... :bonker:

Hope that clears up where we're comin from :2tu:

sbw

Clears up plenty... I just got too quick with the trigger finger after reading "clown shoe". My apologies. As much as I am biased towards the Gen2's, I've gone out of my way to acknowledge Gen3's performance superiority. My affection for the gts is based on nostalgia and ****, outrageous (curvy) lines. Overall, the SRT is the better car. I've driven one extensively. As a matter of fact, I want one... just not at the cost of losing my GTS, so it's piggy bank time for me.

Hopefully, I'll get to call to Bill P. in a year with an order. :2tu:

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clears up plenty... I just got too quick with the trigger finger after reading "clown shoe". My apologies.

Hmmmm... Maybe I should apologise... :confused: The first time I heard the term Clown Shoe I laughed my ass off and loved it at the same time as I thought it was very fitting but never thought of it as a slam, just clever... I kind of use it as a term of endearment like I used to call my Corvettes Plastic cars or Tupperware... ;)

Anyway I sure didn't mean it as a slam and maybe I should refrain from using the term if it makes guys on here think I'm dissin the hot rods :(

But I think if we think along those liines the GenIII cars kinda look like Robot shoes to me... :D

sbw :usa:

sbw

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clears up plenty... I just got too quick with the trigger finger after reading "clown shoe". My apologies.

Hmmmm... Maybe I should apologise... :confused: The first time I heard the term Clown Shoe I laughed my ass off and loved it at the same time as I thought it was very fitting but never thought of it as a slam, just clever... I kind of use it as a term of endearment like I used to call my Corvettes Plastic cars or Tupperware... ;)

Anyway I sure didn't mean it as a slam and maybe I should refrain from using the term if it makes guys on here think I'm dissin the hot rods :(

But I think if we think along those liines the GenIII cars kinda look like Robot shoes to me... :D

sbw :usa:

sbw
I think clown shoe is hilarious too... (I p-shopped the rt/10's on ronald) just didn't think so right after saying you were unbiased considering all the venom spewed by everyone else beforehand. I actually considere dgetting personalized plates: CLWNSHU :D