Diablo vs Viper....

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Stock for Stock, Viper will not outperform any Diablo. Simple measure of 0-150mph, Early Diablos been clocked as low as 18.5 sec. lowest ive seen for a Viper is 22.5 . 0-100mph it is close though. From a roll on, the Lambo will win everytime.

As for the price difference, you must factor exclusivity.

But, ive always said, the closest thing to a lambo, in brute force power, is a Viper.

allan,
Lambos are nice no doubt, however, how many 24 hour races at Le Mans or Daytona or Germany or 12 hours of Sebring or FIA GT or ALMS or Speed GT or One Lap of America Championships have they won lately or ever? They started racing the Murci this year in the FIA and did not win and are not returning next year. The Gen II Vipers are proven performers that win and don't break...Lambos are not. That is fact not opinion. But, I've always said that the closest thing to a race proven, brute force power that lasts Viper is whatever is the closest behind it and the Lambos were never even on the track. :D

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock for Stock, Viper will not outperform any Diablo. Simple measure of 0-150mph, Early Diablos been clocked as low as 18.5 sec. lowest ive seen for a Viper is 22.5 . 0-100mph it is close though. From a roll on, the Lambo will win everytime.

As for the price difference, you must factor exclusivity.

But, ive always said, the closest thing to a lambo, in brute force power, is a Viper.

allan,
Lambos are nice no doubt, however, how many 24 hour races at Le Mans or Daytona or Germany or 12 hours of Sebring or FIA GT or ALMS or Speed GT or One Lap of America Championships have they won lately or ever? They started racing the Murci this year in the FIA and did not win and are not returning next year. The Gen II Vipers are proven performers that win and don't break...Lambos are not. That is fact not opinion. But, I've always said that the closest thing to a race proven, brute force power that lasts Viper is whatever is the closest behind it and the Lambos were never even on the track. :D

The reason you dont see Lambos out there, is no factory support. Company is too small. Thats why Krohn pulled out the Lambo. The only privateer to race a Lambo is Paul Stokell who races in the Nations cup in a Diablo, and he does quite well, beating Ferrari, Porsche, and yes Vipers, winning the series several times, in a heavily restricted Diablo. When the Murcielago came out, it also set 3 world distance records.

I dont need to see a car win out on the race course, i need to see my car handle the abuse i myself put it through. 6 years of abuse, not one problem says it all to me. My Ferrari on the other hand, puts Viper race wins to shame, and it is a fragile POS.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Diablo is trully another work of art to keep in your collection.

Solution: Twin Turbo the Diablo

Two seat of the pants cars with outrageous styling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I do that than my wife would ask me to move all my belongings into the diablo....

---------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I meant twin turbo secretly over time. I'm sure that if I get a ride in the Diablo I would be in a better position in helping you with your dilemma.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I do that than my wife would ask me to move all my belongings into the diablo....

Okay, I meant twin turbo secretly over time. I'm sure that if I get a ride in the Diablo I would be in a better position in helping you sort things out.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, I meant twin turbo secretly over time. I'm sure that if I get a ride in the Diablo I would be in a better position in helping you sort things out. You know me, I'm always there to help.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i wanted to i could sell all my cars and go buy a new lamborghini murci or gallard or buy a used diablo. aint no way in hell that is gonna happen though. i will someday add a lamborghini to my collection of cars as i will add a ferrari too. but as long as america keeps producing the outstanding quality of cars that they have been doing as of recently it will be a long time b4 i purchase a car built overseas. next on my list is a used ford GT or the new shelby GR-1 instead if they decide to go forth with production when the gt is no longer made.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am just HOOKED on Vipers!

The only car I WANT to sit next to my GTS is another Viper. I know there are some great supercars out there, but after driving a Heffner SC car for a couple summers, I just can't drive another $100k+ car that is 1/2 as powerful.
I drove the Murc. this summer, and it was just SLOW compared to my GTS. A TT porsche, not even close to the same.
Now if I had the money to TT a Lambo, or get into a Enzo etc. That might change my mind! :D

But for now, my future plans include a Heffner TT Viper GTS, and another Viper tba in the future.

I know, I know, I have to be open to other options, etc! I've tried, and just can't convince my self that anything else is right for me!

Damn YOU Jason Heffner!! :p

AntiVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love both of these cars but Im not sure If Ill keep both..they both are two truly different cars and when I bought the diablo recently I fell in love with driving it around but then when I drive my s/c viper it gives me that fly by the seat of your pants feeling..decisions... decisions..

4718carpicturesweb006-med.jpg

Haha, no air brakes (besides the wing).

You must be registered for see images

Just another $50K and you could've bought a 98 with hood air scoops an extra 18 HP. Doh! :laugh:

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love both of these cars but Im not sure If Ill keep both..they both are two truly different cars and when I bought the diablo recently I fell in love with driving it around but then when I drive my s/c viper it gives me that fly by the seat of your pants feeling..decisions... decisions..

4718carpicturesweb006-med.jpg

Haha, no air brakes (besides the wing).

You must be registered for see images

Just another $50K and you could've bought a 98 with hood air scoops an extra 18 HP. Doh! :laugh:

Its actually an additional 38hp. And it actually makes more than that, because the ram air is never taken into consideration to the power it adds.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am just HOOKED on Vipers!

The only car I WANT to sit next to my GTS is another Viper. I know there are some great supercars out there, but after driving a Heffner SC car for a couple summers, I just can't drive another $100k+ car that is 1/2 as powerful.
I drove the Murc. this summer, and it was just SLOW compared to my GTS. A TT porsche, not even close to the same.
Now if I had the money to TT a Lambo, or get into a Enzo etc. That might change my mind! :D

But for now, my future plans include a Heffner TT Viper GTS, and another Viper tba in the future.

I know, I know, I have to be open to other options, etc! I've tried, and just can't convince my self that anything else is right for me!

Damn YOU Jason Heffner!! :p

There is more to life than speed, and you cant compare a stock Murci to a supercharged Viper. Obviously the Viper is going to be faster.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i wanted to i could sell all my cars and go buy a new lamborghini murci or gallard or buy a used diablo. aint no way in hell that is gonna happen though. i will someday add a lamborghini to my collection of cars as i will add a ferrari too. but as long as america keeps producing the outstanding quality of cars that they have been doing as of recently it will be a long time b4 i purchase a car built overseas. next on my list is a used ford GT or the new shelby GR-1 instead if they decide to go forth with production when the gt is no longer made.

I think youd have to sell alot more than just the cars in your Signature. :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

but it wouldent be worth it, get rid of all those cars plus more for 1 lambo its not like the lambo is in another class then the viper then I would say it would be partly more worth while but its not its only ina diffrent price class not performance.

for close to the price of a nice new lambo you can have a saleen S7 which I would take over any lambo.

AntiVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its actually an additional 38hp. And it actually makes more than that, because the ram air is never taken into consideration to the power it adds.

It's an extra 38 HP? Man, you must be kicking yourself. Since I'm such a nice guy, I'd be willing to take the 91 off your hands.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

but it wouldent be worth it, get rid of all those cars plus more for 1 lambo its not like the lambo is in another class then the viper then I would say it would be partly more worth while but its not its only ina diffrent price class not performance.

for close to the price of a nice new lambo you can have a saleen S7 which I would take over any lambo.

It wouldnt be worth it? Im sorry, and not meaning to offend anyone, but inmo, it would be worth it even if you tripled those cars. And, inmo, the Lambo is definately in a different class from the Viper, it may not be night and day in performance, but in other catagories it most surely is. The S7 is a nice car, but i saw one, and not worth the money inmo.

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys..Guys..I only posted this for general thoughts..I love both and will prob keep both..unless I upgrade to newer car of either one..Both are great cars...and very different but nobody and I mean nobody should talk bad about the diablo until they have driven one..a truly amazing feeling...

adam

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte