Did my Viper Tech Rip me off?

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they give you the parts back? If so have the flywheel checked by a (professional) verify that it is ok. Next did you sign an estimate for work to be done? If not there bill means nothing that is like work preformed without authorization you can get them on this, even if they say you gave it by phone, the only thing that hurts you is you paid the bill and probably signed the work order, all in all at least in NY DMV will make them refund part of the bill espescially if the flywheel is ok, and for the fact of no signed estimate to go ahead and repair. Good luck.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with out the flywheel as prove.. give them the benefit of the
doubt.
did you use them before?

most vipertechs are vipertechs because they love the car.
And dont want to just rip you off...

at least your car is in working order again

Enjoy!!!

JIM
smile.gif

OP
OP
G

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if there were shards of aluminum everywhere you had major problems since the surface that the clutch comes in contact with is steel like any other flywheel, so I don't know how you would have that problem sounds kind of fishy, unless there was a grenade in your bellhousing that went off.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the "early" aluminum flywheels actually had a steel surface that was smaller than the clutch disc. This caused the disc to ride on aluminum for about 1/4" if the disc wasn't trimmed. It's entirely possible that there were aluminum shreads.
You need to make sure they installed new flywheel bolts too. dj

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first bought it, I had my 94 in a dealer shop for a "do what it takes to fix" session. There were lots of things that got fixed including the clutch. The clutch was not releasing all the way. They replaced the clutch, hydraulics, flywheel, even the pedal assembly and the start interrupt switch. My car has very high miles and it may have needed all that. I know the pedal pivot shaft was worn for sure, so that was a good call. Did it need all that stuff? I don't know. I think they probably just figured that the flywheel was worn and they didn't want to chance a problem after it was all back together. I'm not set up to do big work on cars anymore. If I got taken a little, I can't complain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960