differencial fluid and additive

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently changed my diff fluid and the advice I got was to stick with the Mopar fluid and additive. The additive is a friction modifier for the limited slip system in your diff.

Its really not that hard to do, just use a suction gun to pull the fluid out, making sure to work the tube down into the differential through the fill hole (may have to wiggle and push it a few times to get it in there). After that, just pour in the additive and fill with fluid until it begins to run out of the fill hole.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an Amsoil fan...75w140 differential lube. Also, it has the additive included in the recipe so you needn't worry about adding any. I'm happy with it, a number of others have used it successfully as well. I'm sure the Mopar is fine, I just wanted something a little better. I only change it every 5 years (that's about 7500 miles total for me). Lots of opinions on brands of oil available, sometimes you have to wonder if one is all that much better than the other as long as you're using the premium grade that meets the factory spec.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar, I pull the entire diff out. Clean, inspect, fill to exact factory specs on bench then replace. It's just my way of keeping tabs on everything, including u-joints.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extremely important - change your differential fluid regularly like any other fluid. Every 9,000 miles Chuck Tator told me. I found this out the hard way. I had 22,000 miles on my car and blew the rear end gears because the fluid was all gummy by then.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 23,000 miles on the Amsoil in my differential and almost 40,000 on the tranny oil. I will be changing both and analyzing in the spring. When I changed to a Unitrax 3:45 rear end in the spring of 2004 at 33,000 miles, I had the Amsoil lube analyzed and it came back in great shape. There was over 16,000 miles on it.

There are 4 or 5 track events on the lube in there now, quite a few autocrosses, many donuts, and maybe 15 drag runs.

Steve

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Redline 800-624-7958 and ask for a dealer close to you or just do a google search and purchase it online. Most places are fairly close on price but shipping can vary. MGH

OP
OP

2000gtsgsxr1000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Redline for me.I use the water wetter in my bikes but have never done temp check.I've heard of some using water wetter in the Vipers because of them running on hot side.I've never had a problem with heat except for the one with red lights.Thanks guys.