Difficulty of removing the CF Aero bits?

dasvolk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all - I've got about 2500 miles on my '14 with the Aero kit, and I'm finding the aero positioning and drag on the street a bit annoying. I'm sure the front dive planes are removable with screws but in examining the rear spoiler it looks like it's either bolted in with a thin gasket, or worse, adhesion bonded. Anyone familiar with this stuff? Ideally I'd like to make it a simple job to add/remove so I can put it on for the track and take it back off when I'm not using it, since I drive the car a lot.

Reaction score
Neither are "easy" to remove and yes the rear spoiler is bonded on with an adhesive similar to windshield adhesive so taking it off without damaging the paint would be very hard.

OP
OP
D

dasvolk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately it is noticeable and it reduces visibility as well. I guess rather than try to remove the rear I'll just order a complete rear hatch and swap it out when I feel like it.

Reaction score
I can arrange that for you tomorrow if you really want one.

Yeah unfortunately it is noticeable and it reduces visibility as well. I guess rather than try to remove the rear I'll just order a complete rear hatch and swap it out when I feel like it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang