"dinosaur"?? really?

tomob1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CNN Money lists the 2011 viper as 3rd fastest behind the vette and gt40.
here's their description;
Another dinosaur, the Dodge Viper is on hiatus until the 2012 model year. Given its primitive engineering (the original was already a throwback when it was introduced back in 1991) and minimalist creature comforts, it is amazing the Viper has survived this long. Its iconic 510 cubic inch V-10 engine, which produced 600 horsepower, would clearly seem to be a thing of the past. Dodge says the new Viper will have a shorter hood, be accessible to more people, and be more forgiving on the road. Call it Viper Lite.

Price of the old snake: $92,885.

"the original was already a throwback when it was introduced in 1991"
really? a throw back to what? i thought it was a radical car for the american automakers at the time.
it gave gm the kick in the ass to upgrade the corvette.
a throw back?

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HAHA! Who's the ******* that wrote this!? I got his dinosaur right here and he, CNN, and Ford can all take turns wrapping their teeth around it!

MKvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall it was a throwback to the AC Cobra, and Carroll Shelby did have a hand in it's development.

Otherwise, the author clearly has never been in one!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"the original was already a throwback when it was introduced in 1991"
really? a throw back to what? i thought it was a radical car for the american automakers at the time.
it gave gm the kick in the ass to upgrade the corvette.
a throw back?

The original Viper was indeed a throwback to the Shelby Cobra's. Big motor, lots of horsepower, and no creature comforts. "A cobra for the 90's"

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it's a dinosaur, T-rex on steroids that is. These girlymen writing articles about our cars here and there, have no clue.:rolaugh:

F

FrgMstr

I think the guy is dead on in what he is writing. Throwback? Yep. Dinosaur? Yep. Full of awesome. Yep. :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is definitely a dinosaur (big,mean,brute force and not to be messed with). that is exactly why it is what it is. that exactly why I love them and hope dodge doesn't screw it up

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I often reply that the Viper is the brute force approach while a Corvette or Porsche are the finesse approach to a fast car. And, um, all meet EPA emissions requirements and the fuel economy for 2010 Corvette 6.2L SC is 20MPG hwy, Viper is 22MPG hwy, Corvette 7.0L is 24MPG hwy, so middle of the pack. Dinosaur?

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im sure that its not his fault he is a doushebag. I bet he has never been in a viper let alone seen one in person, nore has he even been in a vette or a GT40. Because if he had, his false write up would have been a little different. But i guess everyone can have their own opinion, that or he is kissing his bosses ass because he owns a vette.
Doushebag:nono:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21