Disappointed - The Phantom Menace

osbornet

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at the unveiling Wed. Had a lot of anticipation as did everyone, and wanted the car to be as great as we all expected. I found the entire experience to be very similar to seeing the Phantom Menace for the first time. Having loved the first three Star Wars films, I expected more of the same from the phantom menace.. However, as I sat watching it with my 14 year old daughter, I kept telling myself "OK, this is not that good, but I know it will be great any minute now, it will get better" My daughter had the same reaction. It did not get better, and looking back it is no where near as good as the films that came before it.

I felt the same way Wed. 640HP? No one was happy with that. The car seemed to have no raw edge, nothing about it seemed menacing. I own a 2009 ACR. My license plate bracket is the oldie but goodie "Vettes for breakfast, Porsches for lunch" It fits my car. I would not put it on the new model. This car seems too polished and luxurious for that. I personally do not need a steering wheel full of electronic controls, or a 7 inch video monitor built into the center of my dash, or electric seats. I guess a heads up display will be next. If I want another Vette, I will probably go the the Chevy dealer and buy one.

It would be nice to see a ******** model as an option, something that carries on the true spirit of what a Viper was. I realize some of this was required by the feds, but why not give us a model that only has what is required, with the ability to turn it off.

OP
OP
O

osbornet

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did hear about that. It was just this gut feeling I had and have, that I wanted this to car to be as awesome as they have been, and it was hard to admit as I heard the details and saw the car that it was not. It is something different than what we all own. They still call it a Viper, but park it next to my car and see what you think. The raw edge is gone, the menace factor is gone. I think my wife will like it better. It seems to have more in common with her SRT8 Challenger then my ACR.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On another thread the car is shown in different colors with and without stripes. In all black it is "Viper menacing". Take a look and post your response. Red is a garage queen color. Red Vipers never look menacing except maybe when they are lowered a bit and have black wheels. LOL.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a RED car guy, but on some of the other Photoshop tries. that car really comes to life. It is like no other.

Bruce

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the unveiling Wed. Had a lot of anticipation as did everyone, and wanted the car to be as great as we all expected. I found the entire experience to be very similar to seeing the Phantom Menace for the first time. Having loved the first three Star Wars films, I expected more of the same from the phantom menace.. However, as I sat watching it with my 14 year old daughter, I kept telling myself "OK, this is not that good, but I know it will be great any minute now, it will get better" My daughter had the same reaction. It did not get better, and looking back it is no where near as good as the films that came before it.

I felt the same way Wed. 640HP? No one was happy with that. The car seemed to have no raw edge, nothing about it seemed menacing. I own a 2009 ACR. My license plate bracket is the oldie but goodie "Vettes for breakfast, Porsches for lunch" It fits my car. I would not put it on the new model. This car seems too polished and luxurious for that. I personally do not need a steering wheel full of electronic controls, or a 7 inch video monitor built into the center of my dash, or electric seats. I guess a heads up display will be next. If I want another Vette, I will probably go the the Chevy dealer and buy one.

It would be nice to see a ******** model as an option, something that carries on the true spirit of what a Viper was. I realize some of this was required by the feds, but why not give us a model that only has what is required, with the ability to turn it off.

With the Gen 5, I think you'll need the license plate "Ferraris for Breakfast, Lambos for Lunch"

Cars get a lot more menacing when they can kick the worlds automotive ***....hopefully the Gen 5 will deliver.

Cheers,
George

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

they didnt get where they are at by being a dummy- they got things up thier sleeve

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the Gen 5, I think you'll need the license plate "Ferraris for Breakfast, Lambos for Lunch"

Cars get a lot more menacing when they can kick the worlds automotive ***....hopefully the Gen 5 will deliver.

Cheers,
George
You might be getting a little ahead of yourself there. Wait til we see some real numbers. So its gonna smoke the Aventador Lambo, dont think so....