Disappointented GTS Exhaust

Luds2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased my 2000 GTS ,Ilove the car but hate the way it sounds ! Without getting headers any reccomendations on nice sounding Catbacks??? Preferences,performance, deep tone?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being disappointed with the Viper stock exhaust is part of buying a Viper. All I did was cut my muffler off and the car sounds 100% better. Its louder, meaner, and pops like crazy on deacceleration

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a Belanger setup in my 2001 GTS. Headers, high flow cats and catbacks and it sounds awesome. Way loud, scares children and puts a smile on my face. I know sound is subjective but it certainly adds to the Viper experience IMHO. The only downside is that the system drones at 1500 RPM, which means I need to cruise at higher speeds to avoid the drone. Others use the Corsa catback to eliminate drone, but it does not sounds as good to me. Again, sound is subjective so please no flames.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Snake Oyl Pipes (rear subsystem) is a great piece (or you can get your local Meineke to do a similar job... but without the quality stainless look.

Essentially, eliminates that nasty resonator in the rear.

Makes it growl when accelerating without excessive drone during 60mph cruises.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replace rear muffler with H, X or straight pipes. It will be louder but not too loud and will give it a nice throaty sound.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Oyl Pipes (rear subsystem) is a great piece

I'm going this route as soon as I get ahold of some replacement hardware. I need to replace the nuts, bolts, and spacers as weather has taken it's toll on them while stored in the garage.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be aware the Snake Oyl system looks a little funny...the pipes stick out to far IMHO...maybe someone can post a pic for you of one installed...AL...

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be selling my Borla cat back exaust system if anyone is interested. It's about 1.5yrs old and comes with either 4 mufflers (for quieter) or straigh pipe in the back (more aggressive).

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I guess I'm the odd man out.
I love the sound of the “ neighborhood friendly” stock exhaust. Call me crazy, but I don’t want to hear my neighbors car exhaust, and I don’t want to force them to listen to mine. We just got rid of a guy with a very load and obnoxious Harley, and it was an old raged out piece of crap. He’d go out side, and start it on his patio and let it run for 20 minute before he’d take off. I had to remind him it was air cooled.
I like to be able drive home a 3 in the morning and not wake up my neighborhood. But hey, That’s me.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa 3 inch here. It's perfect for me, quiet at cruise with no drone and aggressive souding under full throttle. I also tried the Corsa 2.5 inch and prefer the 3 inch. The 3 inch is throatier without rattling windows and setting off car alarms.

If you want a louder exhaust look for one of the other systems.

Jim

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Go with Corsa, and you won't be "disappointented". :)

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catless, headers, 3" straight-pipe all the way back. Badass!