DLM Level 1, Dynoed today...Sweeeeet !

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug invited me and a couple of other Viper Owners to a little
Dyno Test today. Somebody in NC is going to be very happy.

First run to map air/fuel 583 rwhp.

Second run 638 rwhp/624 rwtq.

I was impressed. This car is bone stock not even the rear muffler
has been removed. It also was done at 95 degrees and was not
corrected,the numbers are what they are.

My car made 593rwhp/710rwtq on spray and Felipe made 613rwhp but
I don't remember the torque numbers.Felipe did manage 499.99rwhp
on motor only. I'm sure cooler air temps would have delivered even more hp.

Reaction score
Hey Ray -

It was nice getting together with you and Felipe.
Your car was very impressive and so was Felipe's. Your spray came on strong and pulled clean through the entire power band.

Ross - The Viper we dyno tested was a new 2002 with 600 miles: 638 rwhp. It had absolutely NO modifications other than our Level 1 Supercharger System. The car easily could have made more power but we kept it on the conservative side. The power comes on smooth and consistent. It runs perfect!

David - Hang in there! I've got something very nice for you
smile.gif

Regards,
Doug Levin

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug I am very impressed with your work. I cant believe that on pump gaqs you are making thaqt kind of power. Can you say on this board how much the stage 1 system costs.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Supercharged Vipers:
Hey Ray -

It was nice getting together with you and Felipe.
Your car was very impressive and so was Felipe's. Your spray came on strong and pulled clean through the entire power band.

Ross - The Viper we dyno tested was a new 2002 with 600 miles: 638 rwhp. It had absolutely NO modifications other than our Level 1 Supercharger System. The car easily could have made more power but we kept it on the conservative side. The power comes on smooth and consistent. It runs perfect!

David - Hang in there! I've got something very nice for you
smile.gif

Regards,
Doug Levin

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's because he put an extra Gerbil or two in there.. And it wasn't in your engine! eeeeeeeeeeouuuuuuuuuuuccccchhhhH!!!!!

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug, all I can say is if your Level 1 kit at 6-8 psi on a stock creampuff with stock exhaust is making well over 600 rwhp, you need to revise your website! Sounds like your "estimated" 600 hp is well over 700 hp! Is the price listed on the website still accurate? (I seem to recall some talk about the price coming down some, but I can't remember where). Also, what's the status of your turbo kit? Thanks!

Ronnie

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ron,
If you get to know Doug, you'll find that he consistently underpromises and overdelivers. I've pegged the "Doug Fudge Factor" (Gerald, zip it
supergrin.gif
) at about 18% when it comes to power output.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treynor:
Hey Ron,
If you get to know Doug, you'll find that he consistently underpromises and overdelivers. I've pegged the "Doug Fudge Factor" (Gerald, zip it
supergrin.gif
) at about 18% when it comes to power output.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
aww man, that's kind of like putting cheese in front of a mouse, Ben.

Trans Am WS6 420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the car this weekend, that thing sounded AWESOME!!!

Doug, when are you going to bring the red one back out? I'm dying to see what you do to that beast!!!
supergrin.gif

- Matt

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I only have a tricked out stage 1, I don't know what the stage 2 differences are.

As for reliability, mine has been flawless for 10k (and the car only has 12k on it).

The only problem I run into quite periodically is that I can't keep my foot off the go-fast pedal. If you see a silver 99 RT tearing up the northeast part of Atlanta, that is me!

JD

Reaction score
The cost of our Level I system installed has NOT been changed. It's still the same price as advertised on our website. The system has undergone a complete makeover to provide reliable, powerful performance while maintaining the stock characteristics of a daily driver.
It's quiet, smooth and comes on strong. The power pulls through the entire powerband and keeps on pulling through all the gears. The horsepower output of the Level I is much higher than advertised on our site and someday I'll get around to changing the numbers ... but only when I'm done raising the bar!

PS. I'll post some details at a later date on our Level II.

Thanks for reading and never hesitate to call and ask questions,
Doug

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Doug, it was great to talk to you the other day. Thanks for taking the time to answer my Viper Forced Induction 101 questions (maybe some day I can graduate to upper level courses!).

Ronnie

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much boost were you guys running when you hit these numbers? The stage you guys dyno'd, is it the same kit that goes for 17,999$? What are the differences between this kit and say the DLM Stage 2? Have you guys seen any long term affects in reliability or daily driveability with the super charger?

Thanks
Dave

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedGTS:
Hey Doug, it was great to talk to you the other day. Thanks for taking the time to answer my Viper Forced Induction 101 questions (maybe some day I can graduate to upper level courses!).

Ronnie

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Just maybe
smile.gif
Absolutely my pleasure and it was nice chatting with you too. Thanks for the phone call!

Regards,
Doug Levin