Do Paxtons have a whine to them?

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do PAxtons have a whine at idle or is there a way to make them whine?

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the web:

"Paxton's Novi 2000 supercharger is quiet in around-town driving, but generates a mild whine as it cranks out 8 psi during full-throttle runs."

OP
OP

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind does Gerald have? What makes it whine more than others?

OP
OP

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to much, I have had the prochargers and Vortechs on the mustangs and are loud as can be, but the ones I have heard on the Vipers have no noise to them??

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only when you get belt slippage, you will hear the owner whining.

AB
I havn't had any belt slippage with mine. I know the Levin setups tend to have some slippage I helped tighten them. I don't know exactly what UGR did to prevent this from happening on mine, but so far 4 that I know of have had no slippage.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure which ones you heard but the Paxtons make noise at idle. Put on a smaller pulley and spin the supercharger faster at idle and it will make more noise.

Maybe you heard the Roe? Roe's are quiet until you spin them and then they sound like a screaming banshee

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure which ones you heard but the Paxtons make noise at idle. Put on a smaller pulley and spin the supercharger faster at idle and it will make more noise.

Maybe you heard the Roe? Roe's are quiet until you spin them and then they sound like a screaming banshee

I agree! Mine makes noise. :D

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It helps to have some slipage but not too much. The paxton units have a nice sound to them. My belt does not slip over the limit.

-lou

OP
OP

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the PAxtons can be heard at idle? Is it very noticabele? What kind of pulley do I need on them to get the noise?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
420 you sound like a broken record here..we have answered your questions...about the noise maker...it's going to make noise with any pulley.

2manytoys...if you have the paxton kit...and you are running the 2.75" pulley which I am sure you are...plus running a 8 rib system...don't kid yourself..you are getting belt slippage. DLM pulley system is way superior than your Paxton kit pulley since he uses multiple pulley system...plus runs a 10 rib... Also even if you had the Paxton kit pulley replaced with a stronger tensioner pulley...you are still getting some belt slippage. There's tons of stuff on that paxton kit that is not made to be durable for High HP applications.... yeah you can get high HP out of it...but wait and see what the weak links are. I am fabercating a 10 rib system for myself and also multi pulley system.

Anyone with a centrifrugal set is is going to get some belt slippage period! I gaurantee if I looked at your system, I would find plenty of black dust.

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At weekend car shows when I drive in and again when I leave guys stop me and say "it's blown isn't it ". Nice low key whine.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
woo hoo! you drive through a parking lot with the paxton blower and you hear every body sayin, it's got a blower :shocked: it's blower :shocked: :2tu:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
420 you sound like a broken record here..we have answered your questions...about the noise maker...it's going to make noise with any pulley.

2manytoys...if you have the paxton kit...and you are running the 2.75" pulley which I am sure you are...plus running a 8 rib system...don't kid yourself..you are getting belt slippage. DLM pulley system is way superior than your Paxton kit pulley since he uses multiple pulley system...plus runs a 10 rib... Also even if you had the Paxton kit pulley replaced with a stronger tensioner pulley...you are still getting some belt slippage. There's tons of stuff on that paxton kit that is not made to be durable for High HP applications.... yeah you can get high HP out of it...but wait and see what the weak links are. I am fabercating a 10 rib system for myself and also multi pulley system.

Anyone with a centrifrugal set is is going to get some belt slippage period! I gaurantee if I looked at your system, I would find plenty of black dust.

I know this I don't have to tighten my belt. You have not seen my custom system. Therefore you don't know whether DLM's is superior to mine. I do know this I've helped tighten DLM's setup multiple times. We've not had to tighten ours at any of the races last year. I'm sure those belts wear and stretch over time and you do get small amounts of slippage. I've seen JD's car have to be tighten as well as Roof's very frequently. What I'm saying is I'm not making passes down the track and then having to tighten a belt before the next run either. This is not a flame towards Levin. This is fact as I have witnessed it and helped tighten them.

I don't have a basic paxton kit. You talk as if I've got a basic paxton and have weak links? Well I think my car has proved that it has a "Superior" system on it. It is the fastest Supercharged car out their right now. We've beat on it in 3 V-10 Nats. races and lost one halfshaft. When you beat on yours, put down the kind of numbers mine has then you can pat yourself on the back and assume you have a superior system. :mad: :rolleyes:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Touchy! Touchy!Touchy!

I don't pat myself on the back...and no I don't have a Paxton Kit on my car..not even close. You running air to air or is it air to water? Using the paxton kit bracket to hold your system up? Well if you are...I would say you have a modified paxton kit.

You know what I pat myself on the back for...not having to send my car off and doing it myself. Knowing alot about my system and if something does go wrong knowing where to look and fixing it myself...having many people ask what I did and looking to me for advice...then yeah..maybe I will pat myself on the back... Do you get that a lot or do you handout website and phone numbers? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: I seriously don't care if you don't know a spark plug from a steering wheel....or if you used a tuner or not..so fricking what... Good for you that you have a fast Viper. I will have my turn on the track soon and will be putting down some good numbers..if I beat you or if I don't...I really don't care....I built my car for reliability...and for me...not so I can have a sig that say's "blah..blah...blah..." Stop taking offense to all this stuff. :rolleyes:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allright you two quit arguing and answer a question for me. My Heffner setup, and I think the stock Paxton setup, uses a spring-loaded tensioner so there is really nothing to tighten. It either has enough tension on it to keep the belt from slipping or it doesn't. How is the DLM setup different, i.e., what is it that people are tightening?

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey MaxedGTs you got a problem with answering the man's question honestly. Relax dude.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oaky, enough of this whimpy stuff. Let's get this straight. Vipers do not whine. Period. Some hiss. But no whine. Whining is for vettes and mustangs!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the price difference w/installation on a paxton compaired to a Roe. I could install one although i am not in the country , so i will have to pay someone to do it for me, although i love doing my own motor work! Sorry this dosent answer your question, my bad, i'm not trying to hi-jack this thread or anything :) Just curious.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Touchy! Touchy!Touchy!

I don't pat myself on the back...and no I don't have a Paxton Kit on my car..not even close. You running air to air or is it air to water? Using the paxton kit bracket to hold your system up? Well if you are...I would say you have a modified paxton kit.

You know what I pat myself on the back for...not having to send my car off and doing it myself. Knowing alot about my system and if something does go wrong knowing where to look and fixing it myself...having many people ask what I did and looking to me for advice...then yeah..maybe I will pat myself on the back... Do you get that a lot or do you handout website and phone numbers? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: I seriously don't care if you don't know a spark plug from a steering wheel....or if you used a tuner or not..so fricking what... Good for you that you have a fast Viper. I will have my turn on the track soon and will be putting down some good numbers..if I beat you or if I don't...I really don't care....I built my car for reliability...and for me...not so I can have a sig that say's "blah..blah...blah..." Stop taking offense to all this stuff. :rolleyes:

Oh ab you freakin ***** know it all. You act as if you are the only person who has or knows anything about a custom blower setup. I don't give a [******] whether you did your own install or not. So what! Don't throw off on my set up. You started it with your talking down your nose attitude. You havn't even seen my car and you act like you know what's been done to it :rolleyes: Yeah I sent my car off and had it done right. I have a business to run and no time to screw around with building blower systems. Btw, didn't you cook your engine last year messing around with it? Then blame it on Paxton? You deserve a pat on the back :rolleyes: So stop taking this stuff so seriously :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc