1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find yourselves always "dreaming" of other Vipers?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by FinalEd357, Nov 16, 2013.

1. FinalEd357

FinalEd357 Viper Owner

The good news is there are just so many incredible, unbelievable Vipers out there, every generation. When I had my '02 FE GTS's, I wanted a Gen 2 ACR or Gen 4 Coupe. When I had my Gen 4 Coupe, I missed the rawness and curves, so bought by '01 ACR bumblebee. Now that Winter has come and she is in storage, I can't help but think of a Gen 4 ACR or Gen 5 someday... Anyone else deal with this?
    Just a fun topic for a long Winter...
    John

supernovi2004 likes this.
  2. Sonoman

Sonoman Viper Owner

Gen IV ACR. Then my desire to be just slightly inconspicuous takes over. A Copperhead is still somewhat "understated" compared to an ACR. I would really have to be in the right mood to drive around in an ACR (or something like a Saleen S7). I was just looking at a dark grey Aston Martin DBS go by at lunch and there is something cool about high-end cars that don't scream too much for attention. I think I was the only one on the busy plaza who noticed the Aston rumbling by... :drive:

3. viperprowler1

viperprowler1 Viper Owner

I have a 2008 ACR in Viper Red with Black center band and red driver's stripe...I just screams "look at me". It makes my wife somewhat self-conscious. I also have a 2008 Viper 'vert in Venom Red with Razor wheels and Nav. It is much more subdued, subtle and has a classy air about it...my wife likes to ride in it much more than the ACR. Consequently, I seem to have the best of both worlds...and being in SW FL makes the convertible a great car to have on our sunny roads. However, I will probably have to sell one or the other by spring to free up space. The problem is going to be which one. Hopefully that decision may be made by which one attracts the right buyer in the next few months. A good problem to have.

4. Allan

Allan Enthusiast

I would like an ACR-X.

5. DStJohn

DStJohn Enthusiast

I have only had my Viper since June, so I am still in newlywed mode, but no, I have not seen another one that I want more than my blue & silver '06. Ever at the club events, I am always happy with my baby. I check the garage every night to make sure she is tucked in under her Covercraft blanket!!

6. St.Char

St.Char Viper Owner

Not necessarily of other Vipers, but the mods that other Vipers have:drive:

7. Elohim1

Elohim1 Enthusiast

Maybe a Gen IV ACR. A white one.

8. Getnlwr

Getnlwr Viper Owner

I keep dreaming of the viper that does not yet exist. Gen 5 Vert. When they do make one, it'll be 5 or 6 years before I can afford it.

9. ohlarikd

ohlarikd Enthusiast

I always dream of a Gen 4 White with Red stripes

10. Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo Enthusiast

I jumped all over the place- from a 2002 GTS up to a 2005 Copperhead then back to a 2001 ACR then forward to a 2008 'vert, and back to a 1996. It would be nice if I could own 3 or 4 at a time.

11. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

A blacked out Gen4 ACR....or a 92 RT-10. I go back and forth.

12. commandomatt

commandomatt Enthusiast

I recently dreamed of an ACR to sit next to my 06 Coupe

Then I woke up and said...screw this !! Dreaming gets me nothing

The 2010, ACR will be shipped to me after Christmas !!!! Cant wait.

Now I will go and dream about super models....maybe twins, why not both ?.......

Matt

13. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

I wouldn't mind having an ACR in either Graphite or White, with a single red driver's stripe. No black centerband. A blue/white '96 GTS also.

14. Ricketts

Ricketts Enthusiast

Agreed, saw my first GEN V the other day(B&W car) and I acted like it was the first time I had ever seen a Viper before.

15. pathoguy

pathoguy Enthusiast

A Gen V...any Gen V since I have yet to actually see one. Pics and vids never compare.

16. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

Started with a red 1994 R/T 10, then a silver 1998 GTS, then a yellow 2001 R/T 10, and finally a silver 2003 SRT-10... I sold the last viper and now own a supercharged 2012 Challenger SRT-8 converted into a AFR (Autoform) 'Cuda tribute.

I never found a Viper that kept my interest away from looking at a different Viper... I would love to have a yellow Gen 3 or 4 convertible Street Serpent or a convertible ACR...

17. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Enthusiast

One day I wouldn't mind adding a B/W to the collection. Just not sure between 96 GTS or 2006 FE.

18. Next Phase

Next Phase Enthusiast

I think we're all ruined...

I normally go a year, at most two before buying another sports car. I've had my Gen II GTS for 4 years. I can't see getting rid of it..... unless it is for a Gen IV ACR or a Gen V.

19. dester243

dester243 Enthusiast

I have always loved every generation viper but I've wanted a white 3rd or 4th gen.

20. ROCKET62

ROCKET62 Has Left the Room!

First Viper was a 93 - loved the "orginal" Viper and smooth hood - absolutely hated the windows and top.
    Second Viper - Custom '05 Kandy Red Street Serpent. Loved the project, loved everything about it - wanted to do another project.
    Third Viper - Custom '09 White/Black/Red rebuild with 700 at the crank. Gen 4 feels better than the Gen 3 in many ways. Still scares the crap out of me and I'm sure it will outrun a Gen 5. Done with project Vipers - so this one is a keeper ......... for now :D.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  21. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

Loos great, Rocket. I should have bought your Street Serpent. With the money I have in my supercharged AFR 'Cuda I would have had it covered. I wonder how many are out there?

22. Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty Viper Owner

Isnt thinking about someone elses Viper cheating?

Just sayin. :)

23. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

My pants are still on...

24. PittsburghRT

PittsburghRT Enthusiast

Guilty... I have been kicking around the idea of selling mine to buy a newer one, but hate to give up a clean Gen1.

25. Dads Toy

Dads Toy Enthusiast

funny change in my behavior.

I normally buy 6-10 car magazines a month. any Corvette, Mustang, Road and Track, Mopar or Camaro magazine.

I read and reread the articles about the cars just about every day and plan on what I wanted next.

Since I bought the Viper I have not picked up any of the magazines once.

Every car I have ever bought since 1992, I always said, still want a viper. now that I finally have one I feel like I lost my interest in other cars.

Which is not true, hopefully I will get back into the want for other cars soon.

As for vipers, still want a gen 4 ACR.

26. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

I still regret selling my 2001 yellow RT/10.

I love the convertible ACR...

The problem is that there are so many cars I like that I cannot decide.

27. Dads Toy

Dads Toy Enthusiast

no kidding,

Shelby GT500
    Possible new Challenger with 6.2 supercharged
    New vettes
    Cheaper C6 vettes, need to replace the one I traded.
    Z28
    ZL1
    Boss Mustang
    And of course any Viper.

It really is a great time for American performance cars.

28. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

I really miss a convertible. I liked my C6 Vette convertible that I had a few years ago, but not enough to keep it...

I am going to think about a C6 Grand Sport convertible because I really like the Z06 body and it adds a completely different dimension to the regular C6 convertible. They should be coming down in price soon... I like my AFR Cuda, but I really miss not being able to put the top down.

29. tbsviper

tbsviper Enthusiast

I'd like an aero package on a coupe. Red with black like the ACR on display at Conner.

30. NO HEMI

NO HEMI Enthusiast

Yes I do and I'd love to have a Twin Turbo 2006 commemoratrive edition coupe, with over 1,200 rwhp at least!!!, and a voodoo ACR