Do you wax your powdercoated wheels?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys put on your wheels if anything after washing? I have powdercoated centers and chrome lips. The centers collect most the brake dust and I generaly just wash and dry. Do you put anything on the wheel like wax or anything to make it easier to wash them down? :dunno:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been wanting to ask a friend about this but id say if the centers are glossy (mine are NOT) id wax for sure. if flat definitely not.

the lips i always wax though

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer a synthetic like Zaino or Klasse on my wheels isnce they get very hot and carnuaba type wax products do not hold up to the heat or environments as well.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer a synthetic like Zaino or Klasse on my wheels isnce they get very hot and carnuaba type wax products do not hold up to the heat or environments as well.

I agree on the Zaino. Never knew that the heat breaks down the other types of natural polishes/waxes. I just always used Zaino for the car and the powdercoated rims. Worked on my Rays wheels and works on the HRE's as well. When it gets a little dirty, I just use the Mothers Quick Detail and most of the dirt comes off with the exception of some tar at times.

That and Mothers Billet and Wenol for the polished lips. I wanted them clearcoated but was worried about the high probability of scuffing when changing out tires.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score