Dodge City at Daytona 500 offers up VIPER Thrill Rides

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to watch the twin qualifying races today, and as I was walking to the track, right across the street from the Daytona International Speedway I ran into “Dodge City” where drivers from the Skip Barber Racing School were giving thrill rides to fans. They were really whipping the cars around the inside track and sliding them into the turns. They whole purpose of the thrill rides was to introduce the public to the new 2006 Charger Daytona R/T model equipped with a 350-horsepower Hemi engine.

Unfortunately for the Charger marketing blitz, there were five red SRT-10 Vipers in the pit, and a giant red Viper blowup car in the middle of the track. Of course, when I walked down to the signup area all the fans were demanding a ride in one of the Vipers. No surprose there... for enthusiasts interested in a VIPER, they will be giving the rides through Sunday.

As to the Charger, when I first saw the car, it looked like a Magnum with the back chopped off. I'll post some pics when I get them developed.

OP
OP
M

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pics of the thrill rides and track...

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
M

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A real racing VIPER.....

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pictures! I wish I was down there right now. Isn't there a dodge dealer across from the track? Oh and look for a place called Speed Park. They have viper go-karts and Jr. Dragsters.

SpeedPark

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately for the Charger marketing blitz, there were five red SRT-10 Vipers in the pit, and a giant red Viper blowup car in the middle of the track.

Man... when I first read Viper Blowup car, I thought "Viper Blown Up Car".... as in a little C4... a blasting cap.... Viper guts everywhere!

I thought maybe Dodge was showing what they really thought of the Viper. :eek:

Looks like hukt on fonix didn't work for me. :D

OP
OP
M

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was surprised to find a giant blowup balloon of a VIPER. And my 8 year old son kept signing up for rides around the track in the Vipers, and lost all interest in seeing the races.

I did not know that Dodge had a dealer close by since I am from Boca Raton and just drove up for the day.

Aside from the track they had a very large display area with all the latest Dodge cars including various Viper models....and also an assortment of Dodge racing cars from years past.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas