Dodge Dealer dmage to my Viper

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the point was that the damage was so well known at the dealership and previously notated, that they didn't bother to do it again.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what was the outcome and how was it resolved?

I myself, and I suppose Arrigo were lucky. The reason I brought my yellow Viper to Arrigo was when it sold, the customer buying it in Canada said before he sends the funds he wanted it inspected by a Dodge dealer. I brought it there, they inspected it, must have put it on a lift etc.... They then called the Customer in Canada and told him all is well. The customer wired me the funds that afternoon. He then scheduled for his Auto transport to pick it up in 2 days. That night with the car in my garage, i was cleaning it with quick detailer preparing the car for him, and when i got to the side sill on my knees, i saw it was crushed in and left a 3-4 inch hole right in front of the exhaust. Clearly this was done by them placing the lift in the incorrect spot on that side. Evidence is also clear of that because the black paint area by the exhaust, at the bottom had yellow paint scuffed on on it from what is usually the arms of the lift that are painted yellow and scrapped on the side while pushing the front of it in. I immediately called the customer and said I have bad news...... I told him the story, and coincidentally, he said he owns a body shop and he does not want to hold up his auto transport to Canada anymore since it would clearly not be fixed in 2 days if I had to go threw the dealer and fight with them. The customer asked for a picture, i sent it, and he said he will fix it on his own. So this is where i feel I got lucky and so did Arrigo. I personally would never bring my Viper to Arrigo again. Maybe a Ram or caravan, but not a Viper.

Oh and FYI, I do not even know whats going on here, I did not have time to read this entire thread.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Florida legal system taking the week off ? The OP wanted our attention and with over 5000 hits,you have it. I'll just check back from time to time for a update.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is the info on lances last post:
Last Activity: 12-23-2010 05:39 PM

lance, where did you go ?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Lance. I was believing your story when you first posted. I've seen it happen to mine and friends cars at the shop, valet, etc. Only ONCE did anyone step up and tell me about it immediately before I could even notice it. The restaurant / valet service had it fixed immediately by the shop of my choice and the shop billed them directly for it. It wasn't major damage, just scraped the front over a curb when turning around to back the car in at the front of the restaurant, but they handled it quickly and without argument or negotiations. Obviously I have no problems with that restaurant and still frequent it when I'm town there. People make mistakes. If you step up and handle those mistakes, I will respect you for that.

I have had a bad experience at a dealership that will NEVER see me again. I ended up getting it settled with them, but the fight was amazing.

When you came on here, I immediately jumped on your side, and in this case, that me look like a ******* now. You come roaring on here all fired up about it, but then you disappear into thin air after someone points out some things that might discredit your story.

We've heard some both sides now and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

BUT, with your disappearing act, it's looking more and more like you were just trying to scam some free work from the dealership.

I hope I'm wrong, but you need to step back in here and dispute the new claims or consider yourself labeled "that guy" or better yet "Lance".

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok just finished reading the soap opera.............
One thing I did notice that huck stated that there was previous damage to the front bumper back in october and was documented. What type of damage? Ive had mine in for service a few times and there are a few scrapes under the front bumper cover (from previous owner...******* :) ) and they always state damage to front of bumper cover,,,,and I always agree. But a hole???
Sounds to me that if this was not documented when customer dropped off vehicle and now is there, well sorry dealership. The owner could have done this on his way to dealership by hitting something in road???? who knows but maybe he did do it and just didnt realize he caused the damage. Same can be said with the tech. Either way in my opinion if the dealership did not document a huge ******** in the car during a walk around (granted if it can be seen from ground level) then i would be blaming the dealership also.
Mistakes happen, the OP could have done this somehow and never noticed until he was picking up his car and looking for any evidence of scratches, etc.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I got to ask, who was the first "Lance", a link to some posts would be nice, I got to know lol :lol:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

All I can say is....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Thanks Plum for posting that, there were so many spin off thread forums it would take days to get through, but the original call out on this forum was pricless......Dude got seriously owned :lmao:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn Lance. I was believing your story when you first posted. I've seen it happen to mine and friends cars at the shop, valet, etc. Only ONCE did anyone step up and tell me about it immediately before I could even notice it. The restaurant / valet service had it fixed immediately by the shop of my choice and the shop billed them directly for it. It wasn't major damage, just scraped the front over a curb when turning around to back the car in at the front of the restaurant, but they handled it quickly and without argument or negotiations. Obviously I have no problems with that restaurant and still frequent it when I'm town there. People make mistakes. If you step up and handle those mistakes, I will respect you for that.

I have had a bad experience at a dealership that will NEVER see me again. I ended up getting it settled with them, but the fight was amazing.

When you came on here, I immediately jumped on your side, and in this case, that me look like a ******* now. You come roaring on here all fired up about it, but then you disappear into thin air after someone points out some things that might discredit your story.

We've heard some both sides now and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

BUT, with your disappearing act, it's looking more and more like you were just trying to scam some free work from the dealership.

I hope I'm wrong, but you need to step back in here and dispute the new claims or consider yourself labeled "that guy" or better yet "Lance".
I don't think anyone HAS to come on here to prove anything to your or I. Granted it's unfortunate that a party had to air their claim and make accusations on this forum, regardless of whether they are valid or not. Neither your nor I know who is in the right here. It needs to be adjudicated in court, which it sounds as if it is headed. There, hopefully, it will be decided by facts and figures, not here by court of opinion.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to come on here and spew it all over the place and slam a dealership (or anybody), then you need to back up what you say. It looks as if he thought he would come on here and bad mouth a dealership, but then got called out by the service writer who refuted his story and cited reasons why. The OP hasn't responded since then, but has been on the site. Sounds like he got busted.

I did say that we have heard both sides, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It just looks shady to start a bashing thread and then disappear as soon as the other side refutes your statements. It could be because his lawyer told him not to respond, but most people will at least say that, and not just bail.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Damn... I missed this thread when it was started :rolaugh:

This does sound like Lance II, it's been almost a month since the thread was started. That's plenty of time to put together a case and serve it...

Just sayin...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4