Dodge Dealer dmage to my Viper

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been in this buiness 17yrs, I started in Detroit( the honest state) and it still amazes me that people can do this type of thing. I do not want to argue with anyone but I can not believe that you are saying what you are to hurt our business when you know you are wrong. Mr Arrigo does know the owner of the dealership that the 2nd owner of the viper was service and in December 2009 they have a repair order with the headlamp estimate on , which was faxed today. I know you can not back down on the forum because it would not look right but so you know I know almost every advisor at every broward dealership and palm beach so your maxcare warranty will have to be used in Miami unless you go over the complete vehicle with them for damage because we all do hang out and chit chat about things. Remember you are calling me a liar, when you should not throw stones in glass houses.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huckgts, If you could scan and post these prior work orders and estimates with his VIN,you could nip this in the bud right now. If he does take you to court you will need them anyway.

Someone could get "Lanced" rather quickly if such documentation exists.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just realized my7vette was not giving everyone the true story just his side of the arguement. I am a 2x viper owner, a memeber of the VCA since 2007 and Mr. my7vette service consultant at Arrigo dodge. Mr my7vette forgets that in april with signed documentaion by him that there was the damage to the front bumper, I also got him a price on fixing his rims which can be verified by wheel of America on his request because the rims where already damged. We also have documentation from the dealership in Pembroke pines damged to the viper and the dealership the last owner was at because it is all in the car fax for an estimate on the front headlamp. The orignal viper tech who is a good friend of mine and his worked on many VCA vipers will sign a form stating that he had the damage to the front bumper and headlamp since April when he personally signed the damage report. Mr. my7vette thinks since his orignal technician has left the dealership to start his own business that heis not here to verify everything but he is a good friend and relaible witness on the stand if need be. Mr. my7vette did not realize I am a member so he needs to tell the truth instead of making up stories and asking for your symphay. I, as a member of this club and a viper owner, am staing that the damages was there before he came in been there since before april and he should be ashamed of himself for making up stories.

Huck,Do you work for the dealership or does your wife work for the dealership?

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huck,Do you work for the dealership or does your wife work for the dealership?

So nobody is mistaken, this is the wife. I am the only one who would post since my husband does not like to post. I am the service consultant. I am 50/50 owners of the viper with my husband but perfer to drive my challenger srt8 manual shift as a daily driver. I went to Henry ford for automotive technology, my father owned bodyshops in detroit, so I am well qualified.

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huckgts, If you could scan and post these prior work orders and estimates with his VIN,you could nip this in the bud right now. If he does take you to court you will need them anyway.

Someone could get "Lanced" rather quickly if such documentation exists.

I would love to scan and produce documents, unfortunately they are legal document owned by Arrgio and I do not have any authority or permission to post them, plus with privacy act we would not be able to show customer's private information.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe there was some damage at the dealership, and that is trying to get parlayed into more surrounding work that needed to be done. Now the whole deal looks shady. Tough situation, I am not making any judgment calls here, but this is getting more involved. Maybe this should be handled quietly, and quickly.

Good luck to everyone involved.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to scan and produce documents, unfortunately they are legal document owned by Arrgio and I do not have any authority or permission to post them, plus with privacy act we would not be able to show customer's private information.

Well hopefully the person or company who is in the right will prevail.

On a side note were you ever employed by a Dodge Dealer on Sample Road back in the mid 90's ? Our paths may have crossed a few years back.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see there were mentions of bent wheels and the headlight repair, but did I miss the part about a giant hole in the front fascia?

This whole thing has gotten some big twists in it now and just from what I've read, I'm leaning towards Mopar Steve's opinion that there probably was some damage at the dealership, but more is being rolled into it now.

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well hopefully the person or company who is in the right will prevail.

On a side note were you ever employed by a Dodge Dealer on Sample Road back in the mid 90's ? Our paths may have crossed a few years back.

yes from 96-2003

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see there were mentions of bent wheels and the headlight repair, but did I miss the part about a giant hole in the front fascia?

This whole thing has gotten some big twists in it now and just from what I've read, I'm leaning towards Mopar Steve's opinion that there probably was some damage at the dealership, but more is being rolled into it now.

was noted on prior visits and singed by owner for front bumper damage

Reaction score
Digital cameras are quite cheap, buy one, take a bunch of photos of the car when you drop it off and when the car is ready to be picked up after service and before driving it, make sure there is no damage before driving it or leaving the lot.

When I drop off my cars for service, I tell the service writer that my car is perfect and if you spot any damage you need to tell me now. And you will write it down before I give you the keys and the car, failing which, I want it noted that the car has no damage whatsoever.

Because someone had previous damage on their car once upon a time, or proof of the damage previously from another store, doesn't mean anything as it could have been fixed, but having said that, the person would have to have proof of the repair. If this is not the case, the OP starter is ****.

In the past I have taken my car to Arrigo Sawgrass for service right after the Sample Dodge store closed down and they always took good care of my car and the Viper Tech was a great standup guy and knew what he was doing. Never an issue.

Of course, I don't appreciate dealers who put 'market adjustments' pricing on there vehicles.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my first Viper from them "Ed Morse Dodge" in 1995. Emerald green RT/10. Then 1998 and 2000.

My service writer was Patti Lee. I thought you were her but I see your name is different.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread!

Whatever happens, I hope the legal system gets it right. Of course someone knows the truth - and that person is completely without ethics.

How can people live with themselves?

Whomever is correct I really wish you the best - unfortunately you've run into a complete loser and what really amounts to a thief. I really hope it goes your way.

Greg

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow this just became a "jerry springer" plot. All side are innocent until proven guilty, we shall see what the judge says :eater:

Reaction score
Saw an earlier OP post below, I just checked all his previous post on the VCA, and he mentions the following-see below, though the damage in the photos is much more extensive than a headlight and turn signal cover, but only he really knows what happened and when it happened for him to ask us for information and advise relating to these two parts.

His quote:

"I have a 2006 copperhead coupe and I need a replacement drivers side headlight. The cover on the turn signal came off and I believe these headlights are sealed. Any ideas who to call. I am located in South Florida. Thanks."

The truth needs to come out soon enough, and I hope both sides keep us informed and whoever is not being truthful, honest and ethical is not a very reputable person and should suffer the wrath from all of us.

I choose not to cast stones until all the facts come out but HUCKGTS please, there is nothing wrong with buying a glass house, as long as your buying a house.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks to me like the preponderance of the evidence we see here is causing the scales of justice to take a bit of a tip.

Greg

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM #1
my7vette

Enthusiast

Headlight needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2006 copperhead coupe and I need a replacement drivers side headlight. The cover on the turn signal came off and I believe these headlights are sealed. Any ideas who to call. I am located in South Florida. Thanks.

check out a post by my7vette in october asking about a headlamp problem that he posted that we damaged in decemeber. Why would he be asking for a headlamp in october if it was damaged recently? guess we can take that to court to, whose word is reliable now.