Dodge Dealer dmage to my Viper

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like someone parked the car with the front fascia/bumper over a concrete space marker. When they pulled back out, it caught and ripped part of the front fascia off. When I had my 2006 Magnum SRT8, I did this at a restuarant. As you said, they need to remove it and install a new one.

The parking incident probably happened during that 20 mile ride someone took. Good luck.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What drives me nuts about this incident is that I'm sure whoever was driving the car at the time of this incident KNEW they did a boo boo. They probably would have heard it and there would have been pieces of fascia on the ground. They aren't man enough to own up to it and then tried to play you for a fool hoping you wouldn't notice. Off with their heads !!!

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed the damage as soon as they brought my car. The damage in under the front bumber and visible from the the side of the vehicle. Looks like they drove it over a parking stop or the lift. The bumper is scratched and a large piece is missing. This damage would have been noticed during the inspection prior to me leaving it with them. The entire front facia needs to be replaced. I was told the owners of the dealer were out of town, but they would call me on Monday. I will give them the option to fixed this amicably or force them by legal means. I will not let this go...

http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10021&stc=1&d=1292712238

Oh, that'll buff right out!:omg:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What drives me nuts about this incident is that I'm sure whoever was driving the car at the time of this incident KNEW they did a boo boo. They probably would have heard it and there would have been pieces of fascia on the ground. They aren't man enough to own up to it and then tried to play you for a fool hoping you wouldn't notice. Off with their heads !!!

I agree with this observation. Here is how I would incorporate this thought. If they don't just fix it for you with no hassle once you talk to the next higher level management, use this argument:

1. We did a walk around when I took in the car, and no damage was noted.
2. There was a lot of unneeded miles on the car and damage when the car was returned to me.
3. The most likely scenario is that your employees took the car down to ******'s for a 3 beer lunch and damaged it on a concrete parking lot stop when they pulled out of the space. They were either too buzzed to notice it, or they won't admit to damaging it because they know they were out of line with their usage of the car.

russellesq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a Viper owner and lawyer here in SoFla. Give me a call at my office 305.373.3826 and I will see if I can help you. My initial reaction is they are liable and you may be able to get diminished value as well. I just handled my own diminished value claim down here for a guy that slammed into me.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a Viper owner and lawyer here in SoFla. Give me a call at my office 305.373.3826 and I will see if I can help you. My initial reaction is they are liable and you may be able to get diminished value as well. I just handled my own diminished value claim down here for a guy that slammed into me.

hey your not the lawyer that ozzy crashed into in his new ferrari are you:omg:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sumbuddy took it for a tranny road test (maybe needed?) and was not familiar with the bumper clearance, and whacked it on a curb, or a gas-pump-island..... If YOU had done it, you would have known it instantly.... (as do they. )

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed the damage as soon as they brought my car. The damage in under the front bumber and visible from the the side of the vehicle. Looks like they drove it over a parking stop or the lift. The bumper is scratched and a large piece is missing. This damage would have been noticed during the inspection prior to me leaving it with them. The entire front facia needs to be replaced. I was told the owners of the dealer were out of town, but they would call me on Monday. I will give them the option to fixed this amicably or force them by legal means. I will not let this go...

http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10021&stc=1&d=1292712238

Wow! Not cool.

With tranny work I'm sure they drove it. Maybe whoever drove it didn't let anyone know he wreaked it.

I used to drive to Jupiter for years because I didn't care for their service.

Good luck and keep on them. That's BS

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anytime you work on someone else's car and notice prior damage, you should document it immediately and report it, both to the manager of the dealership and the owner of the car, prior to working on the car. That's just good business.

This damage would have been noticed immediately by the tech and noted on the write-up if the damage occured prior to the service. Do you have a copy of the service report?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bet the news will get his attention quick once they call him:omg:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bet the news will get his attention quick once they call him:omg:

Lack of corporate responsibility, even to the point of the business collapsing, is second only to the lack of personal responsibility in modern America. So I hope for the best but am not holding my breath on a spontaneous resolution. A judge, on the other hand, may get things done.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unbelieveable, sorry this happened, I will never go to a stealership unless Chuck or Tom is there working, best of luck I hope they take care of everything without forcing you into leagal action.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, sure, nobody noticed the damage on your viper when it was on the lift :rolleyes:

they work on so many vipers and just didn't notice :rolleyes:

hopefully the returning owners will make right :eater:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

my7vette,

Getting back to your obvious damage, does your Viper have any front suspension damage that your aware of ( bent, pulls to one side, ride height change from corner to corner? ).

I would definetly go to another local Dodge dealer, get Viper on rack & spec'd out immediately. Photograph detailed inspection report & submit claim to your Dodge dealer at fault. Good move to speak with owner, general manager & I would not forget about factory Dodge district rep to push & expedite repair.

I'm coming in late on this thread so my appologies if already done, I just wish people would respect the Viper like we all do!

Toddy

Last edited:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy ****! I would have lost it... not that they messed up the car, but that they would try to convince me that it was done before I dropped the car off.

GL in getting it resolved.

Trekk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my Z06, they hit my front bumper and broke my door panel. They refused to pay for damages claiming it is not them and they are not responsible for any damage on there lot.

You should call Dodge head office and place a complaint. What worked for me honestly is I went there and really got angry at the service manager brought one of my friends with me we played bad cop good cop. It worked at the end they took responsibility of the damages and fixed the damages on the car. The cost was around $3,000 that they paid for. You should really pressure them and not let it go, I am pretty sure they will end up by paying. Not a fun situation to be in and shows how irresponsible some dealerships can be.

Best of luck
Trekk

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to walk the dealership and the repair area and look for security cameras. Many shops we deal with have very high end security systems for multiple reasons (theft, workmans comp claims, accidents, etc).

This may prove that the car had damage or no damage before it was brought in, driven, road tested, etc.

Good luck,
George

OP
OP
M

my7vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a heated argument with the owner John Arrigo and he is backing his folks even after sending pictures, a copy of the walk around document when I droped of the Viper (no dammage indicated), and a copy of the paperwork showing the car was driven for 20 miles. I told him we would leave it to the courts and the press and walked away before realy losing control, Big dealership damages a Viper and refuses to take responsability... Lets see who wins this in court!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have somebody who can do a good ad layout for you, have them make a complete mock-up of an ad telling the entire story (including the owners response) and drop it off to the owner. Tell him that ad is running in the big local paper on Sunday. Just have to make sure of a few things:
1. Make it at least a 1/2 page ad, preferably a full page.
2. Make sure you only state facts. Don't get into name calling, etc, that could get you in trouble for slander.
3. Be ready to follow through if he still won't budge.

I did this with a past car and luckily never had to post the ad. The dealership realized what they would lose in reputation and possible business verses the 3-4k to fix mine.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have somebody who can do a good ad layout for you, have them make a complete mock-up of an ad telling the entire story (including the owners response) and drop it off to the owner. Tell him that ad is running is running in the big local paper on Sunday. Just have to make sure a few things:
2. Make sure you only state facts. Don't get into name calling, etc, that could get you in trouble for slander.

I did this with a past car and luckily never had to post the ad. The dealership realized what they would lose in reputation and possible business verses the 3-4k to fix mine.

i did the same thing with a cable company up in VT with a condo i had there. worked like a charm. and the URL i had for it was Xcablecompanysucks.com the site lookd pretty god too..lol

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have somebody who can do a good ad layout for you, have them make a complete mock-up of an ad telling the entire story (including the owners response) and drop it off to the owner. Tell him that ad is running is running in the big local paper on Sunday. Just have to make sure a few things:

No reason to go nuts here lol.... keep in mind that you could if need be get a bumper super cheap from JonB. To post a 1/2 page ad would be a lot more money then fixing your car. Your next step is fill out the paper work for small claims court. Let them receive it and try to talk to them again to settle out of court.

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you call Chrysler customer care yet and issue your complaint. They will ask you for any paperwork or write up check sheet and call the dealer to see why they are not standing up and doing the rite thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang