Dodge has offered to replace my hood with a 1996 hood. What kind of

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, That's my GTS. You'll have to look hard, as it was mad in '98 & '99 only and only 21 made that way in '98

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I gather you think they are offering a 96 RT/10 hood and NOT a 96 GTS hood...in any event, I'm beginning to think there are FEW people around most small to modest size Dodge dealerships that can do the fitting WELL...sounds like you should take the deal, however, and see what you think, and if you are not happy, take it to AUTOFORM. Good luck.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There may be fitment issues, but I suspect that would be true of any replacement hood, as no two are perfectly alike. make sure the tecnician replacing the hoood is warea of the myriad adjustments for not just the hood, but the fascia and headlights to make sure the front of the car looks right.

In addition, I would want to know if the hood will be smooth or not. It is a matter of personal choice, but you should make sure going in what the car will look like when finished, as all late model hoods have the NACA duct and louvers. The duct will also require a new airbox to operate properly.

My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang