DODGE WINS!!!!!!!!!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Sterling Marlin #40&DODGE Wins NASCAR Pepsi 400!!!!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

GO DODGE!!!!!!

First WIN since 1977!! Look out Ford&Chevy
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I,m really happy that Dodge won today but prefer to see them win it by racing the whole race distance and not by a rain shortened technical! Then the win will have more meaning!

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fred,

Couldn't agree more...however, one step at a time! Many races have been won in the same way and they all go in the win column! The Dodges were strong all day and all year for that matter, so this win today removes the monkey from their back and now they can get back to racing to win and not racing to get the "first" win! Look at the truck series...it wasn't that long ago we were all waiting for the "first" win. This year Dodge won 8 of the first 9 races! Better things are coming!

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Before today, the only luck the Dodges had was bad luck. They have been strong all year, especially Marlin and Ward Burton. Today 4 finished in the top ten.
Remember, NASCAR "slowed down" the Dodges after the first few races this year - so the splitters make it a wash.

I am a happy boy!!!

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rain, Smain,it doesn't matter! Sterling Marlin won, and that does take the monkey off Dodge's back. The front splitter just event things back up a bit, as Chevrolet already has that advantage on their cars. Look at Bill Elliot and how strong he was running, and Casey Atwood, and Sterling Marlin's stablemate. It's been a long time in coming, but Sterling did it! Congrats!

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
True, Craven was coming, but was Marlin just on cruze mode til he got up to him??....only Marlin knows for sure, but no matter how you look at it, a win is a win, and his car raced to the front after the last pit stops and he and Dodge deserve the win.
The guy that almost "stole" one was Mark Martin...If Marlin would have won it that way, I may have had a little problem with it..
Cheers,
Scott

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sterling deserved that win...he has been running very strong all year. despite numerous problems out of his control, he is the best driver Dodge has. My Mother is a Sterling Marlin fan, and when I heard about the "rain-win", I off course had to rub it in a bit. She told me that he had led the 15 or so laps leading to the rain stop....he deserves the win. Congrats Sterling!!!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hopeing next year will be like 1969 all over again... too bad they don't let winged warriors on the tracks ;)

I wanna see dodge walk the dog on the chevy/ford teams.. but I dunno if it will happen. Nascar has always seemed to bend to the will of ford or chevy...
"wahhh wahh! he has a hemi! it's just too baaad!"
"wahhh wahh! he has a car that will do 200mph! wahhh!"

We can't have that now can we? god forbid that it would actualy become a competative race...

sheesh..

James

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Minor disagreement: The strongest car of the day was my friend's 28 car--he blew Elliot's and Craven's doors off before losing a cylinder. I will grant you that Craven was strong at the end . Remember my post last week saying that Michigan might be dodge's day? 2 inches helps a lot. NASCAR did everything this yr except black flag the field to get Dodge a win. Dodge should get more later.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember earlier in the year when Dodge got some taken away from them, less spoiler I think?
Also remember the Dodge NASCAR motor weighs alot more than the others, or so I have heard.
This win was legit....
Both Rickys were strong, so was Rusty, but you have to be strong when they drop the checkered...
Cheers,
Scott

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the day we finally hear about the best news ever out of DC (the Viper Competition Coupe), all this NASCRAP finger-pointing and chust-pumping is making me sick...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte