Does anyone have any thoughts on BTR intake system?

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
trying to debate about getting just smooth tubes and K&N filters of the BTR Intakes...........

Any problems removing the NACA Duct and debris in the engine bay?

I found a few on ebay and even a BTR "clone" please post thoughts.

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will find most people like the smooth tubes and filters over the BTR which is made by Belanger from a performance standpoint. Some will say they don't get as much cold air as the filters do through the NACA duct but I wonder how much this really makes a difference, maybe 5hp.

In my opinion go with what you like to look at. The Belanger intake certainly has more wow factory than a factory air box does, but then again when you remove the air box you have a dilema of what to do with the top of the radiator shroud, which even on the cleanest Viper is probably scarred from the airbox rubbing against it. And now you have two threaded posts left over with nothing to do but stick up and look funny.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a gen.1 and use a similar system. I fabbed a sheet metal "barrier" between the radiator and the air filters and still have the "scoop" that comes over the top of the radiator from the grille opening. Driving at "speed" I don't think I'm getting much if at all hot air from the radiator. Seems to work well for me. Alot of club members like the look also.

"bling" is cool, sometimes :D

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SNAKBIT, do you have a pic of the setup you have? just for a point of reference?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric, if this works, here ya go

6154intaketubes2-med.jpg

6154intaketubes1-med.jpg

:2tu:

btw, if they don't come up, go to my gallery

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same as SNKEBIT, but out of aluminum diamondplate. Here is one picture, I have more in my Gallery.

2054CloseLeftAd.jpg