Does anyone..........

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kowalski,
TSB# 18-11-98 "Rough/High Idle
Give me your Fax# and I'll Fax you a copy.

"Vanishing Point" Great Movie!
BURNOUT.gif

Reaction score
If you are thinking about reprogramming your PCM with this update, do not be thrown off by your car's build date and production number. (My late 97GTS had a 96 unit in it due possibly to being modified). Check the PCM's build date, then go by that units production date to determine if you want to download this revised program! (JD)

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Hold it JimDavis MT;

Allotta stuff there. The bulletin turned out to be for intake manifold gaskets which I allready replaced.

What's this about reprogramming the PCM?

Where do I find out more?
How do I go about doing it if need be?

Reaction score
Kawalski, I am referring to TSB No: 18-15-97 dated Apr.11,1997

Symptom/condition 1. intermittent hesitation between 4 and 5 thousand RPM 2 Intermittent (MIL) indicator with no diagnostic codes (DTC's).

The TSB involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the power control module (PCM) with new software (calibration changes) for all conditions listed. This procedure requires a Mopar Diagnostic system (MDS) and DRB III (scan tool) which you will probably have to go to your Dodge dealer to use.

I suggest you be patient and let me be the guinea pig. As I said in my e-mail, I have already downloaded this program and have had some success for the last few hundred miles. I will be headed on a 2000 mile trip south in a week with the car. Like you, I have found a magic bullet for this problem quit elusive. In the meantime, check all the related sensors, and if they check good, don't throw your money away on replacments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine