Does the Gen 2's have more drivers seat room

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually ACRSteve could probably chime in here...but as I recall, in his 99ACR with his helmet, he fit comfortably (with a lowered seat though for sure)...and was UNcomfortable in our '05 SRT with his helmet on. Of course, our seat is not lowered....that made a big difference...so lower the seat! ~juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6 ft 4 in 200 pounds. I sat in an '06 and my legs did not hit the dash, but I had to take my ball cap off. In my '01 GTS I can wear my cap but my left knee rides the dash a little. A 1" seat lowering kit helped slightly.

Gosh, I've somewhat agreed with Juli.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..Does the Gen 2's have more drivers seat room than the gen3's?...

Butt-room? Shoulder Room, Leg-room< Knee-room, foot-room? headroom? Elbow Room, Visibility? Having put 100,000+ miles on Gen 2s and 7000+ on SRT-C I can tell you without a doubt that I am way more physically comfortable, as a 6'3" 229lb guy, in my......
. GTS.............................But when the track-laps tick, gimme my SRT-C

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6 ft 4 in 200 pounds. I sat in an '06 and my legs did not hit the dash, but I had to take my ball cap off. In my '01 GTS I can wear my cap but my left knee rides the dash a little. A 1" seat lowering kit helped slightly.

*GASP* :omg: Well, of course...and you will agree that this is a GREAT place to state our opinions, and a GREAT forum...DAVE---TIME TO JOIN!!!! We need you on here, and your avatar, your signature, and you to win the raffle car...okay...threw that in, but I actually have the lucky number winning ticket!!! :cool: JOIN US, DAVE!!!!!! ~juli
**As for what JonB said...yep, the GTS has more room**

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I mean in width, i'm 5'8" 245lb, 8% fat and my back doesn't fit as well as my 02 ????????????????????????? :dunno:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I am currently rebuilding an SRT convertible and it feels MUCH smaller than my Gen 1. I do have 2" seat lowering kits in both Vipers as I am 6'2" & 250.

I cant say for sure if it's reality or perception though as I've only spent about 4 miles behind the wheel of my SRT - but it definitely feels smaller. The side bolsters on the SRT are very pronounced, which may be adding to the feel of being hugged when seated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte