Does this sound like a stop cam (vid) ---

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this sound like a stock cam (vid) ---

This is my 2001 GTS ... it gets a pretty wicked sounding idle when it starts to warm up after being started.

Not sure if you can hear it very well with this vid. I made it for a friend , and figured I would post it here too.

Its a 3" corsa exhaust and high flow cats.

Dyno'd at 425rwhp and 460rwtq at 12.2 AFR ... with the exhaust and smooth tubes/kn filter (that may help you with your decision on the cam being stock or not).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3SK4iWyrgA&feature=share

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did the 50 extra horsepower come from in the gen 2's , if the cam is milder than the gen 1 cams? ---

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did the 50 extra horsepower come from in the gen 2's , if the cam is milder than the gen 1 cams? ---

There are major differences between Gen I motors and Gen IIs. Very few parts are interchangeable. Gen II heads have a higher flow rate as an example. The power increase was not based on the cam alone.

Until '99 Gen IIs had a lumpier cam (the so-called 708 cam) which had a lumpier idle than the 'creampuff' '00-02.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh! Stock cam, :lmao:I've heard some bizarre stuff before, but that was the first I had heard of a stop cam.

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To the OP. If you had a 708 cam and headers it would sound much different. It would sound like mine in the first video below. You can clearly hear the difference between your exhaust and mine. Yours is much more tame partly because of the stock exhaust manifolds, but mostly because of the cam, hence creampuff.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2fMhDBbus

If you want wicked, try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0WdtvEXVs

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys, that was fun watching those vids.

It cleared up a lot for me, I appreciate your time and help.

What is the creampuff cam specs vs the 708 cam specs?

Whats the typical hp increase for just a cam swap, from the creampuff to the 708?

My exhaust seems to pop a lot too ... is that from the h-pipe installed before the mufflers? ---

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang