Does your Corsa Exhaust sound raspy ? Try

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rick. Thanks for the tip.

I have a Corsa cat-back with stock exhaust manifolds on my N/A '97 GTS and love the sound. I've heard that headers can add to the rasp, so maybe the noise cones will help compensate.

BTW, love your signature. Guess you'll need a HEMI Gen IV Viper when they come out, eh? :D

OP
OP
M

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce that is a valid question.
If you look at my signature I have been tinkering with Dodge Muscle cars for some time.(28yrs.)

I really miss the sound of these engines.

While the V10 can never sound like that the distinctive low frequency exhaust note, that I now have, is very similar.

Rick

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size did you get? Thanks for the info. I have headers and stock Cats now, but am planning to go to Random Hi Flo Cats which I am sure will increase noise. Garth

OP
OP
M

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size did you get? Thanks for the info. I have headers and stock Cats now, but am planning to go to Random Hi Flo Cats which I am sure will increase noise. Garth

Do you have the 3" Corsa system? I used a wood dowel to tap them in place. Drilled one hole through the pipe to secure the cone with a screw and lock nut. They suggest tack welding but I wanted to hear it first.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you let us hear the diff between your Corsa's before and after? Anyway to record the sound and post it here? Thanks

OP
OP
M

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dennis there is no way to faithfully reproduce the awesome sound of this setup.

The cones are not expensive and can easily be removed if you are not satisfied.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That raspy sound is from the High flow cats. The Corsa exhaust with stock cats has a really nice tone.

OP
OP
M

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rick. Thanks for the tip.

I have a Corsa cat-back with stock exhaust manifolds on my N/A '97 GTS and love the sound. I've heard that headers can add to the rasp, so maybe the noise cones will help compensate.

BTW, love your signature. Guess you'll need a HEMI Gen IV Viper when they come out, eh? :D
Dave the 66-71 HEMI cars did not run very well on the street, in stock configuration. Weak torque at the low end due to the big valves and poor turbulance in the combustion chamber were some of the negatives.

The HEMI badge on the fender or door was enough to terrorize would be challengers.

The new HEMI combustion chambers are not true hemispheres so they are HEMIs in name only.

For DC this has proven to be a marketing success.In terms of performance I'm not that impressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_