Does your Viper leak?.. MINE DOES!!!

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cars driver side floor is soaked. This is crazy!

Does anyone else have this happen? My car is a 2004.
It does not seem to leak when IM driving in the rain. Only when its parked out side in the rain.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wont find anybody on here that drives their car let alone in the rain.

Mine does not leak either sitting or driving. :2tu:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
water / rain / viper are those words aloud in same sentence

signed
poser lol

OP
OP
D

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive all my cars. Rain or shine. That is why I bought them.
This is very sad. Brand new car and it leaks.
I guess I can always put some gold fish in there and watch them swim around. :smirk:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine in rain. Mine sits in the rain. No leaks. None. Not even a tiny leak.

Have you identified the source of the leak?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've driven mine twice in the rain...hard rain too (once on the way back from the dealership when I picked it up) and it didn't leak at all!

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drive mine in the rain as well on a regular basis (I live in Oregon). Not a single drop. James Retych drives his in the rain as well and has not seen any water.

My advice is to take it in to the dealer and have them check it out.

j

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Don't all convertibles leak in the rain?"

A little any way, especially soft top convertibles.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised when I was caught in a rainstorm in my SRT-10 that everything was tight. No leaks. I couldn't say the same for my 01 GTS, which definitely leaked on the passenger side footwell. On the GTS, it was something to do with an opening for the heater/AC unit hoses. I don't know what would be causing a leak on the driver's side, though. That's what warranties are for, though.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't all convertibles leak in the rain?

No. I've owned 4 convertibles. Only 1 leaked in the rain, and it was an old Triumph spitfire. Any modern convertible should not leak in the rain. Not at all.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine leaked in heavy rain, also on the driver's side. It had nothing to do with the top. Leak was down low--dripped on my left foot/ankle near the clutch pedal. I was nervous about having the local dealer try to find the leak, since mine was the first SRT they had seen in 2003. But I didn't want to make a 500 mile trip back to Roanoke Motor Co., so I let them take a stab at finding the problem. I wish I could tell you exactly where the sealant was missing, but I can't. I do remember that a few interior trim pieces had to be removed to find and fix the leak. Problem was solved under warranty in one day, and never a drop since. Take it to your dealer and get it fixed.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend's white mamba leaks a little as well. My black srt has never seen rain, but it hasn't leaked the few times I have washed it.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leak? No way. My 04 SRT does not even leak when the top is down in a thunderstorm - as long as at least 70 MPH is maintained!!

hshus03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine leaked also. They won't leak moving. They will leak standing still, if the A pillars are not sealed properly, or at all. Take it to the dealer and have them contact DC. They do know what is wrong with them.

OP
OP
D

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine leaked also. They won't leak moving. They will leak standing still, if the A pillars are not sealed properly, or at all. Take it to the dealer and have them contact DC. They do know what is wrong with them.