Dont get your ******* in a bunch....

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it is... as blunt as I can make it..

A good freind of mine bought a new Z06, took delivery of it last week. Its a great looking car in red.
He's been talking trash about how it "eats Vipers" since he ordered it.

I have a 99 RT/10 with some K&N's and a Randomtech exhaust.

He has his Z06 and 5 years of road coarse driving with the Porsche club (up until he bought a C6 last year then traded it on the z06)

We went from the same light twice Thursday evening and raced until a point we both thought marked about a 1/4.

I beat him both times to that mark but let me just say that thing came on pretty strong towards the end and probably would have passed me down the road a ways.

Bottom line, if you can launch your car good, cut a good light and shift fast you can hold your own against the new Z06.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ******* are fine, thanks for your concern!

Did your buddy break the car in properly, or is he one of those 'drive it like you stole it' guys?

That's awesome if you owned the new C6 Z06. What did your former friend say???

OP
OP
M

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He drives it like he stole it and it did have almost 600 miles on it.

He had alot of excuses...

For example:

I used to race a supergas car so he blamed my "faster reaction times" because I used to drag race

He hasnt broke his car in yet...

He's not used to it yet and doesnt know how best to launch it.

I just laughed... he wants a rematch but I told him my rides going in storage next week for the winter so I have bragging rights until spring :laugh: :laugh: :headbang:

mopar75110

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a drag racer since 1976 and can assure you the Chevy boys CANNOT STAND to lose to a Mopar, and will use any excuse for not winning. On the other hand, they will laugh if you have a legitimate reason for not winning. Way to go Mastiff!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm calling BS. There's no way a Viper can beat the new Z06. The new Z06 is the fastest car ever built. Runs 9s on streets straight of the showroom floor.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm calling BS. There's no way a Viper can beat the new Z06. The new Z06 is the fastest car ever built. Runs 9s on streets straight of the showroom floor.
*** are you talking about???????????????

It High 8's at 168 mph.. :D

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ya! You didn't hear the gains they got from high flow cats? dipped into the 8s. On run flats, be-otch. :usa:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you know whats really funny. if you go to the corvette forum, they say STOCK the new z06 can run in the 10s. :D and there dead serious

OP
OP
M

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the praise brothers!

It was my pleasure putting my buddy in his place because it was a long time in coming. Comments for months before he even got the car like "are you going to be mad when my Z06 blows the doors off your Viper" "I hope your not to mad when I beat you" "You'll probably buy a vette after you see how fast my car is gonna be"

My only retort until now where comments like "most people cant tell the difference between a regular vette and a Z06 so you'll look like everyone else" "my mom has a vette" (she does) "In 18 months the entire C6 Z06 population will pass the last 13 years of Viper production" etc..

Its so funny too because he's called me since and asked me for a rematch now that he has "practiced his launches" LOL... I told him he has to wait until spring because my car is now is storage for the winter. ( A little lie there, I'll probably store it in a week or two) I love it, bragging rights for 6 months :cool: