Double DIN display

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember seeing here couple of people installing Double DIN head units on their SRT-10 console.

How is it done?
What do I need to modify to fit a Double DIN display in my SRT-10 console?
Do you just trim the console cover to fit the Double DIN in?
Is there room underneath the console cover for a Double DIN head unit?

I’m thinking of installing a Pioneer AVH-P6800 in the center console. Dimensions 7" x 4" x 6-1/2".

Thanks.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No replies…
Come on guys
I don’t know who did these installs but they did a good job.

Is just trimming the console cover enough to fit in the Double DIN display?

10918Dash2-med.jpg

You must be registered for see images

Jackson06SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have experince with the install in the viper but if you contact a good custom audio shop in your area they should help you out. It should only take the cuting of the console cover

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
That's not hard at all, just go to your local car audio installer that does high-end systems... Meaning not Circuit City or Best Buy, lol...

Living in SF you should have a thousand shops able to do it, with all the rice-mania in California.

Now that trunk is some good work that not many can do..

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be doing it myself this winter. I pulled the panel off to take a look behind it, and there is enough room for a double din. However the stock RBQ radio has a wider opening then a din size. So you will need to cut the panel to a 7" x 4" opening and then fill in and paint the side areas where the RBQ cut out was. You will also need a double din tray.

What headunit are you going with?

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be doing it myself this winter. I pulled the panel off to take a look behind it, and there is enough room for a double din. However the stock RBQ radio has a wider opening then a din size. So you will need to cut the panel to a 7" x 4" opening and then fill in and paint the side areas where the RBQ cut out was. You will also need a double din tray.

What headunit are you going with?

Thanks. Just the info I was looking for.

This is what I am going with.
Pioneer AVH-P6800 Head Unit
4 x SoundStream Tarantula TRC.6N 200W Component Speakers
1 x SoundStream Tarantula T4-10 Subwoofer
1 x SoundStream Tarantula TRA960.4 Amp
1 x SoundStream Picasso PCA-1500D Amp
1 x SoundStream SC-2A 2 Farad Cap

Should be a nice 2400W total system.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The second car you posted is Mike's car you should PM him for more info...I am pretty sure all you need to do is a little modification to the bezel and you should be good to go. Your list of equipment sounds great except why don't you go with the pioneer avic-z1 instead of the P6800? Also when doing the Cap why not go with 2 1.0 fared caps so when you do the amp rack you can mount one on each side of the amp. I think it will look much better that way.

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice setup. I am thinking about the AVIC Z1 or D2. I also looked at the Eclipse AVN systems, people who have them love'm. I have read some negative reviews on the AVICs at avic411.com, so I am not sure which way to go yet.

Do you not want the NAV system?

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I specifically do NOT want the Navigation.
Why get an Avic Z1 or Avic D2 if you’re not going to use the Navigation at all?

Using 2 Farads cap for each amp sounds like a good idea.

I thought about using two 10" subs or one 12" sub but I don’t think there is enough room in the trunk for that.
I thought one 10" 1600W sub should be fine.

BTW, I need a powerful stereo system to be able to hear anything cause the car is pretty loud with the 1200 RWHP setup.

What do you guys think?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally if I was going to do this stereo I would have gone 2 8" subs in the center console area and 1 10" or 12" sub in the footwell of the passenger. The 8's would give you some bass but not enough the 10/12 will really make it bump. Since its all inside the cabin you won't need more then that. Your car will be so loud and sound so good you don't really want the music for anyone other then yourself anyways. I am also a bass *****...recenetly sold my Navigator that had 4 12" subs in it but always go for sound quality first. As far as the Z1 I thought it might be cool having the Nav feature even if your not going to use it since your spending all that money. I have first had experience with the Z1 and love it! I think your trunk should consist of a really good looking amp rack. The car is insane 1200 RWHP obviously was not cheap so go all out on the stereo as well. If your a fan of Focal I would go that route. Personally I love Focal products. At least thats what I plan on doing shortly after I get my car close that 800 rwhp mark.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I have experience with car audio. I fact, I started with this before I even changed my first air filter!

Not trying to knock your system idea, it is great! but personally:

Soundstream is my favorite brand for amps, I would not use anything else except maybe R. Fosgate for the sub...

The SS tarantula speakers are great, But I prefer Polk...

For the sub, there is kicker an then is everything else..

2 caps will look cool, but tak p more space and is an overkill unless you plan on waking up the whole neighborhood.

But the best piece of advice I can give you is DYNAMAT EXTREME every-fkn where!! You have h.p. to spare, so a few more lbs won't kill you, and it will make the system so much more better... Night and day!! I really hope you take this advice, you'll thank me later!

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z1 nav will work overseas if that's your concern. They have very good Euro coverage and in germany you are going to need it. (if I remember well you mentioned going to germany(?))