Driver Window not working

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed a few weeks ago that the passenger window in my Viper went up just a little bit faster than the driver side window. Didn't really think much about it. Usually leave the windows down when I'm driving anyhow. I don't see the point in having the windows up if you have the top down. Anyway, yesterday I get in the car and the driver's window won't go budge at all when you hit the switch. Passenger window works fine. Any ideas? Easy fix? Dealer issue?

Brad

OP
OP
L

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tips on how to go about it? Haven't removed the center console or anything on car before. No time like the present I guess. Any info appreciated.

Brad

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The part of the console that holds the switches is "clipped" and velcroed in place.

Starting at the hole around the shifter, pull up on the plastic piece...it will unsnap. The first time you do this it is a bit uncomfortable. It is also snapped in around the radio. Carefully unclip and remove the bezel. It will be held also by the wiring for the windows and lighter.

The window switches are indentical..just mounted differently. You could switch the switches and see if your problem goes to the other window.

One bit of Viper trivia...the switches are also used in Caravans as the passenger door window switch. They also have LEDs inside, and if wired for it..they can also be illuminated.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold on there ! I had this problem and it turned out to be the wire harness that passes thru from the body into the door. After a day or so the speaker in the door stopped working as well. Try holding the switch and open the door at the same time. It still may not give you any movement if it's all the way broke. Ted May, our local self employed tec fixed it for me. I was told it was better to repair the harness and wrap it well with tape rather than replace the harness. It will break again. Wrapping it made it stiffer and better supported.
Just a thought.
Good Luck!
Dan

OP
OP
L

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, perhaps just take it to dealer then since it is still under warranty. Any noteworthy techs/dealers around Atlanta that do decent work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX