Drove 1700 miles--how many Vipers did I see?

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One. Just one. Last week I moved from Missouri to Mesa, AZ. The only viper I saw was a black GTS in Scottsdale. So congratulations Arizona Viper Club!

By the way, if anyone lives in Mesa (or surrouding nearby area), send me a message so I can say "hey"!

Brad

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove from Columbus to Myrtle Beach (10 hour trip one way), spent an entire week in MB, returned home. how many Vipers did I see? None. At least you saw one and you can see yours everyday :laugh:

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the last two weeks, I drove 24 hours from NH to FL, and then drove 24 hours back from FL to NH. During this entire 48 hour period, I didn't see a single Viper other than the one I had on the trailer behind my truck...

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I drove to Hocking Hills (Logan, OH) and back, and never saw another Viper. I did however have an interesting run in with the coolest cops I've ever met:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they're using Intrepids?! First time I've seen that.

Lotsa, where in Ohio is Goshen. I'm just outside Columbus off 270 (Exit 91).

OP
OP
B

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove from Columbus to Myrtle Beach (10 hour trip one way), spent an entire week in MB, returned home. how many Vipers did I see? None. At least you saw one and you can see yours everyday :laugh:

Actually, the 'ole Roadster is my father's. And I'm a long way from home, so I won't be seeing it much anymore. :p

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperzilla, Goshen is about 30-45 minutes East of Cincinnati. It's about a 2-3 hour drive to Columbus depending on traffic.

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I drove 5600 miles between May 14 and June 12,in Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah, and saw ONE Viper...a yellow one in Galveston, TX. Couldn't believe it! My Viper got a lot of attention, needless to say!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove from New Orleans into MS, up thru Jackson, then across Texas, the lower Rockies, then Grand Canyon and finally to LA via Las Vegas. How many Vipers did I see?

None. :(

Matter of fact, only saw about 6 Vettes.

Great experience but saw no really fast cars.... fastest thing was a convey of Peterbuilts - led by a young looking blond lady driver! Nice too! They were hauling their 18 wheelers at 90mph across the Nevada interstate - that was impressive - never seen a truck go that fast over here except at the track.

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke too soon! Sine the Viper's inception, I have only seen maybe a total of 5 Vipers in person. Saturday I saw two! I gave a big wave to a yellow GTS with black stripes I spotted in Maysville, KY (passed me while I was turning out of Pasquales). And then I was driving past Newport on the Levee Sat. night and low and behold a silver GTS in valet! What a wonderful day.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove 5 hours down to Roanoke/Danville for the weekend. how many Vipers did I see? About 40. Went down to Viper Days at VIR. Got a picture of a GTS spinning off the track right in front of us, can't wait to see how it turns out.

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out for a couple hours here in the north Atlanta 'burbs and I saw three within two hours. All Gen I and II. No SRT 10s.

Folks down here like their fancy cars. Corvettes are a dime a dozen in this area. You can see 20 C5s in a short while on the weekends around here.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw about 8 Z06s at VIR. Actually most of them were from GA.

My stepdad said he saw a 96-97 GTS on a highway just off our exit over the weekend.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove from New Orleans into MS, up thru Jackson,

Torque, I am dissapointed you didn't look me up. We could have met at my favorite catfish place. :D

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure it was black? Maybe it was a deep sapphire blue with gray stripes and loud as hell ... ha ha

Michael
01 Viper GTS, Venom 650R-NX (200 shot), Sapphire Blue

1RT2NV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Dallas/Fort Worth suburbs Southlake/Grapevine area and I see at least two vipers in the area every weekend I go out cruising. SRT's and Gen II's. Last night I went for a 20 minute cruise and saw 2 Ferrari Testarossa's and a Porsche 911 Turbo (2002). Lots of nice cars in this area.

1RT2NV

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw 6 Prowlers in one day. In Spartanburg SC!? There must have been a gathering somewhere nearby....Boy did the heads swivel when they saw the SRT-10!

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
I just drove a round trip from Iowa City, Iowa to Park City, Utah. I saw three Vipers, all of them eastbound on I-80 in Iowa within one hour, but they weren't together. I didn't see any others including spending some time in Denver.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in Myrtle Beach for 2 semesters at college. I saw a Gen 1 being neglected by its new owner by being sat on by him and his friends. I saw a 96-97 Blue and White GTS. And a bunch of my friends saw a 01-02 Yellow GTS in one of our school's parking lots, and I missed it!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up my 98 GTS this weekend from woodhouse in NE and drove it back home to NJ and saw ZERO vipers on the way.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read about that in another post, unfortunate. At least I didn't see it. I probably would have broken down claiming, "that Viper could have been mine."