Dyno-ing my Final Edition tomorrow morning...

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be the dork on the price is right that bids a .01 for the Delux Food Processor when everyone else is overbid....

404/440

That heat and humidity is ugly!!

Hope I'm wrong, do too!!

keep us posted,

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K when is this dyno I'm excited here, I think I should win for being the first to reply to you lol :)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
400HP/446TQ

VEC-1 408HP/457TQ

OK, I'm lowballing, but the initial numbers could be lower because of the heat.

-Dean.

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright - the results are in! No more ballots cast after 2:45pm Central. :)

There are a lot of guys there were VERY close...I have to go through and sift through all the numbers and see who was the absolute closest...so give me about 20 minutes to narrow it down.

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, some of you were nearly exact in your guesses! :eek: :eek:

Some people were closer on TQ, some were closer on HP. One person was exact on TQ and only 2 HP away from the best run.

This is the final tuned number...the baseline test was VERY low...lower than anything guessed here. I should have zeroed the VEC1 out over the weekend and let her settle in because that first run zeroed out was extremely low as the computer relearned I think (I zeroed it out on the way to the dyno).

Runners up are :

Miles B
- 422hp
- 448tq

1 Bad Snake
- 419hp
- 451tq

And the winner is...

Moundir
- 418hp
- 454tq

Pretty dang close there Mike! What were your FE numbers again?

Mike wins a copy of PC Halo signed by the Gearbox team! Can't send it out until it actually hits the shelves of course but that's just around the corner.... ;)

Here's the graph itself....(it was pretty hot and muggy today too so I'm sure she had more in her...will take her back in the fall).

BTW, this graph and final VEC1 tune resulted in a low +12 / high -20 for these numbers. A low +12 / high -16 resulted in about a 3hp peak loss.

You must be registered for see images

Congrats to Mike!

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope, she ships home on august 4th. the car is ready, but i am going up there next week to drive it around and make sure it is all perfect. you should have let me know you were going to dyno your car, i would have come :)

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, 21st Century has some pretty sweet H2 packages and John just bought one himself!

You should give him a call after you get used to your new blown Snake! As if, right? ;)

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus:

I have an appointment with the dyno on Saturday. Could you please either post or send me a PM on how you went about tuning it step by step?

I'm thinking of starting at 0,0 but I'm not sure how I should go from there.

-J

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure thing Buckeye!

(BTW, if anyone else can share their experiences as well that might help - this is just what I did)

First off, zero the VEC1 out well before you leave to dyno...like, the day (or days) before. Put some miles on her. A few full operation cycles (off/on) couldn't hurt and make sure to get some WOT blasts.

First run, just let her do her thing. My first run was absolutely awful (in the 300s for both hp and tq!!) so I really should have taken my own advice above there and NOT zeroed it out on the way there just 10 minutes before the first run (that's what I get for not thinking about the details!)

I let her cool down 15 minutes in between each run. Only had to run it to 5800-6000, not redline, btw. It's falling off by that point already.

My first "tune" run was :

low : +4
high : -6

then

low : +6
high : -12

then

low : +8
high : -20 (my seat o' pants setting going in)

then

low : +12
high: -16 (as a control to see how how it +/-'ed)

then

low : +12
high: -20 (best run)

I wanted to run a +14/-20 to see if that would change anything but it was getting down to splitting hairs at that point anyhow.

Hope this helps! :)

(btw, zeroed out the thing was REALLY rich...as in, off the chart rich...)