Dyno of my stock '08

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Done at Colvin Automotive Tuning Center in Austin, TX during the Texas Viper Round Up this past weekend.
Bone stock. 80 degrees in the dyno room. A couple of other stock 08 and 09's dyno'ed also. They hit 530ish corrected as I remember. The difference between mine and thiers was my a/f ratio did not richen up as much. I watched one of the others run and the a/f went down to 10.5 or so.

Most folks thought this dyno was reading low "don't we all". A '08 with full header, hi-flow cats and race ECU did 580hp corrected.

I've got a strong engine:headbang:
Here are the SAE corrected and STD charts.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sir, you have a strong engine. I dynoed my ACR on Saturday. Best pull was 583 HP and 554 ft-lbs of torque. That's with headers, exhaust, 3000 miles on the car and 200 miles on the Mopar cpu. My stock baseline taken last Sept with 1500 miles on the car, was 543 HP and 503 ft-lbs of torque. I can definitely feel the mid range improvement in acceleration with the controller. The car pulls very hard from 4000 to 5600 rpm where the power flattens out.

OP
OP
B

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You sir, you have a strong engine. I dynoed my ACR on Saturday. Best pull was 583 HP and 554 ft-lbs of torque. That's with headers, exhaust, 3000 miles on the car and 200 miles on the Mopar cpu. My stock baseline taken last Sept with 1500 miles on the car, was 543 HP and 503 ft-lbs of torque. I can definitely feel the mid range improvement in acceleration with the controller. The car pulls very hard from 4000 to 5600 rpm where the power flattens out.

We had another 08 with the same mod's as yours and it did 581hp so your right in the ballpark I'd say.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See Tom, we weren't too far apart :)

My A/F doesn't seem to get too rich either. Maybe I should go back to stock muffler's?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
See Tom, we weren't too far apart :)

My A/F doesn't seem to get too rich either. Maybe I should go back to stock muffler's?

You must be registered for see images attach

Nah, yours sound too good to do that. It was fun hanging out with you guys. I'm still burping BBQ.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great meeting you. I'm glad most everyone was really laid back, me and my brother had a great time. I think I was supposed to tell you about a place to eat next time you are in Dallas, but I forgot the conversation :(

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We had one stock 2008 with only 700 miles make 561 rwhp in 85 degrees last Sunday. I think the tq was 527.

We also had a 2008 Belanger / Corsa / Mopar / K & N car make 595 rwhp and 575 rwtq with 87 F temps at the dyno.

Dyno's vary, temp, humidity, pressure, etc all vary too.

Dan

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, yours sound too good to do that. It was fun hanging out with you guys. I'm still burping BBQ.

Nice number Jason... I need to get a new dyno pull now that I have some miles on the Viper!

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
grate numbers and great color...:2tu:

Malu nice numbers as well, what muffler you using and any other mods ?

thanks

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is Jason?

That would be me Tom. Remember, dinner at the Salt Lick in Austin? ;) 99FRC (Mike) is a friend of mine here in Dallas.

grate numbers and great color...:2tu:

Malu nice numbers as well, what muffler you using and any other mods ?

thanks

I removed the stock 2008 muffler's and added a K&N, and dyno'd 539whp at Colvin. Obviously, the car didn't like not having mufflers. The 560whp dyno was bone stock :2tu:

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed the stock 2008 muffler's and added a K&N, and dyno'd 539whp at Colvin. Obviously, the car didn't like not having mufflers. The 560whp dyno was bone stock :2tu:

did you drive it for few miles to let the pcm relearn the new setup ?

but awesome stocks numbers :D

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you drive it for few miles to let the pcm relearn the new setup ?

but awesome stocks numbers :D

Jason's car is fast for a stock 08 viper...I got a front row seat of him taking out a few supras and fast as lexus(supra motor)!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc