Dyno Results for Bone Stock 2001

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dynoed my bone stock 01 RT today. I wanted to get a baseline established before doing a few mods. Machine was a DynoJet, 80o F garage temp. Here are the results:

1st pull: 421.3 RWHP 437.8 RWTQ

2nd pull: 425.6 RWHP 455.2 RWTQ

They actually ran a third pull just to verify the above and it was inline with these. Looks like great numbers to me, higher than I was expecting. :2tu: He pulled up some other runs they had done for other Vipers and compared them with mine. Would appear my motor is relatively strong out of the box. On the second pull the car was noticeably cooler.

Put tubes and filters on as soon as I got home. Going back next week to see what that does. Next will be exhaust, then dyno again.

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob:

Thought you would be in excess of 10K. Have heard that our cars make prime power in the 10 - 15K mile range. Those really are excellent numbers for only 4,000 miles. Congrats!!! :)

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 01 made 422/466 with tubes/filters and hi flo cats. Your numbers are really strong.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very awesome numbers!

Dynoed my bone stock 01 RT today. I wanted to get a baseline established before doing a few mods. Machine was a DynoJet, 80o F garage temp. Here are the results:

1st pull: 421.3 RWHP 437.8 RWTQ

2nd pull: 425.6 RWHP 455.2 RWTQ

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 98 ran about 388 rwhp stock. Was that low or normal for a 1988?

'98 still hade somewhat of an agressive cam compared to the creampuffs did it not? I would 388SWHP would be somewhat low for a '98. :confused:

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, needless to say (I think) I'm thrilled with the results. At a factory advertised 450 hp/ 490 torque (@ the flywheel) I was guessing somewhere in the 380-400 rwhp range. That would provide for a 12-15% drive line loss. Obviously, this car is running a little stronger which has certainly been known to happen. Fun stuff. This was the first time I've ever had a car dynoed. Pretty tough to stand there and watch/listen as he approached redline. Sounded like the car was going to take off and launch through the wall. Wild.

Re: 01 h2o pump issues. Thus far, mine appears to be working fine. I have 13 months of original factory warranty left. Had the car in for a "check-up" with a V. Tech a few weeks back. He said the two things to watch on the 01's are the water pump and a potential leak at the rear main seal. Both of which are covered under warranty. We discussed that before my warranty is up I'm sure both of those WILL need to be replaced. He and I were on the same page with that, which is cool.

BTW, the shop that did the dyno is a high performance shop primarily for imports. Both ricers and German stuff. The guy doing the test couldn't get over the torque. Kept saying "you've got it everywhere, you don't even have to down shift". My reaction? That's a Viper!

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That are very good numbers. Your engine is very strong. My stock 2002 ACR ran about 406rwhp (1200 mi). After some mods (see signature), it has about 440rwhp (1200mi). Hope to have another dyno next few weeks to see if it improves a little bit (about 2800 mi now).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc