Dyno Results vs SAE corrected?

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my 97GTS dynoed Saturday at The Dyno Shop here in So. Cal. They gave me the sheet and it showed 475hp @ 5600rpm. 475.13 Torque @ 2555 The guy said it was rear wheel horsepower. All the posts I see use some sort of adjustement (SAE corrected?). I do not think that a 97GTS with smooth tube and a Corsa cat back produces that kind of power at the rear wheels. Any info would be appreciated as I would like to compare apples to apples. How do I convert this?
Or maybe Blue Vipers are faster than YELLOW ones? :laugh:

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A dynojet printout will specify what kind of correction if any has been applied. If the printout says "Actual horsepower" then no correction has been applied. The standard for comparison on the 'net is SAE correction.

S

SUN RA KAT

Or maybe Blue Vipers are faster than YELLOW ones? :laugh:

Yellow Vipers are faster than Blue Vipers when they have the Sean Roe Supercharger, VEC2, and a lot of other mods. ;)

OP
OP
H

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUN RA KAT does that mean YELLOW VIPERS need that many mods to be faster than BLUE VIPERS? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mikeman,

That's bone stock 475 at the tires, I mean it's Blue, geez......

Those creampuffy Yellows need some boost to stay with the big boys!!!:)

Us Blue Bandits have to stick together, we're starting to get outnumbered!

Kenny, we have to plan an outing this spring, and cruise over to your area with some local Vipers (no yellows even), for a cruise, you have some nice roads your way, agree?

S

SUN RA KAT

genXgts -

Ohio does have some nice roads that are pefect for cruising, though time is running out for doing speed runs on frozen Lake Erie to get here...

(Hey, if Blue Vipers with White stripes were offered new in 2002, I probably would have bought one instead of Yellow.)

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="blue"> </font> Yellow Vipers are faster than Blue Vipers when they have the Sean Roe Supercharger, VEC2, and a lot of other mods. ;)

[/QUOTE] <font color="blue"> </font> :rolleyes:

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you buy the car used? Normally your going to peek @ 5,200 RPM with a stock Viper. If yours is 5,600 then it sounds like it has a cam?? Just a guess, maybe the prior owner left a cam in because it was too hard to remove and a potential buyer would be turned off knowing the car was modified in that way, so never bothered to mention it has a cam. The SAE correction usually changes it from +-10 to 20 HP

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper