dyno results

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 all stock rt/10, yesterday it dyno at 435.8 Im interested to see what other STOCK, PUMP GAS, Vipers have done. No smooth tubes or filters, totally stock. Its also funny my friends viper with headers, cats, exhast only did 442 rwhp. Do you guys think I should spend 7000 for 7 more hp. (I just had to rub it in you know who your are.)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That's like 500HP at the crank. It seems pretty darned high for stock with most Gen IIs hitting about 400-410 RWHP stock.

-Dean.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another dyno jet located on fantasy island, must be alot of people interested in dynoing their cars there.

But seriously go to another dyno, the place you were at obviously is blowing smoke up your exhaust pipe.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Down Boys!

DSSX is a huge bullshitter, but on this one, he is on the money! I was there standing next to the DynoJet 248 when the test took place. I came in at only about 7 HP more!

I have driven this car. I have raced him more than ten times. We are almost dead even on each and every race. Almost like the cars are glued together. I can just barely start to pull on him. I am at 443HP at 493lbs.

I think you guys would offer to take back your statements when DSSX pulls from you with a 100% Stock car!

What is the trick? Physics. DSSX weighs only 80LBS wet!

OP
OP
D

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, its 86 lbs, If anybody is in the KC area, ill be more than happy to spank you with my STOCK car. But hurry up I just ordered Tubes and filters, hopefully I can hit 450 at the rear wheel. Plus I see if Chris Y2KGTS can go to verify that i have THE machine. I cant help your guys cars were all built on a Friday afternoon. Thanks for the backup Jerry, and tell your mom to stop calling me. ITS OVER

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,

Your friend's light weight would explain how he can match your car's performance with only a 7HP difference. It's just having 40HP more than a regular stock Viper (50 more than specs) that is the puzzling part.

It would be good to see the car tested on another Dyno for validation, because it's such an extreme improvement in performance over the stock car, which itself is usually underrated (but not by 50HP).

Maybe one of the guys who built your particular car decided to port and polish the top-end for fun and see if anyone noticed.

It would be good to see how it runs in the 1/4 mile. With a top-notch driver and 500HP stock, you might be able to hit mid-elevens in the quarter mile and set a record for stock performance.

-Dean.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's your MPH in the quarter? That will tell you if it is real or fantasy. What were the SAE numbers? HP can easily vary by 20-30 due to conditions...

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These were corrected numbers off of the DynoJet 248

FYI on the HP numbers: SAE correction factor was 1.01

Absolute Barometric Pressure 28.96 in Hg.
Vapor Pressure 0.13 in.Hg.
Intake air Temperature 70.2 degrees F

I have seen DSSX's motor. I can guarantee you there are no mods. There is way too much dirt and filth on that V10. It looks like it might still have the factory oil and filter!

Just thought of one more thing that might make that P.O.S. fast. This is no joke guys, looking under the hood there is a large *** of duct tape that holds his throttle cable!! Ha. I guess he broke the rubber grommet and rigged it. I am sure DSSX will say that he "Jerry Rigged it".

I am on my way to Home Depot now to buy a fresh roll of Duct Tape and then to the Dyno. DSSX, get rid of the **** tape *** before you embarrass the entire Viper community!

OP
OP
D

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice,

Ill take credit for the dirt but as for the tape, I have to thank Chris-Y2KGTS our wonderful moderator for helping with that mod. I forgot all about that. Now I know what happened, my stock car is so fast that the G-force ripped the grommet from the firewall. I might have a little dirt but at least my paint job doesn't have brush brissels under the clear coat. Looks like ***** hair to me.

Who has the best smooth tubes for sale. I would like to get stainless steel ones, and do the 94 KN filters the same as the 2000?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the WinPep (Dynojet) program. For info purposes, my 94 does approximately 400 rwhp. I can vary that by a range of approximately 15 hp by selecting one of five correction formats. With my car the STD, gives the highest and the UNCORRECTED, the lowest. That will obviously vary relative to ambient conditions. Once the data file is generated, the output data can be manipulated after the fact with the program.

Another issue - I have seen a multitude of dyno posting, however, most do not have the a/f ratio included. Request the operator to use the multiple graph option so that hp, torque and a/f are all included on one sheet. It is far more helpful than a second sheet that includes the a/f ratio.

Dyno's are tough on half shafts. Don't allow the operator to start the pull below 3000 rpm's and don't allow them to go to far past 5000. There is no sense, since, your maximum ratings are typically within those ranges. All you are looking for is an increase in the curve and that is obvious within the stated range. The torque reading can be maxed by starting early, however, you are taking a chance. These concerns are exacerbated with modified cars.

Also - shift easy up to fourth and the pull is done in four gear. The flywheel hp and torque is rear wheel/.85. The older the car gets the smaller the denominator gets. An older car starts to suffer higher losses in the drive train, hence, it could be rear wheel/.83

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my car on a diet. Yes the Acr's are lighter. But, with no cats, spare, and the very light wheels. My car weights about 190 pounds less than most vipers. With no cats my car did 426.1rwh 470rwt roughly on a couple of different dynos. With low gas I can pull numerous cars here in Dallas due to the weight factor. I have pulled on guys with cars dynoing 440+ but that was there rating on a diffrent dyno. I would love to race your car. My has been almost into the 11 stock (12.05 118) Dyno power does not mean squat. Weight plays a bigger factor. Will be posting those 11's soon.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack B. has some wise words here. The guys at MC Racing doing the dyno runs are pretty good. But they do like to start the run at 2500 and pull to 5800 RPM's. Jack is correct, why run your car hard beyond a measurable HP.

If I had not raced DSSX, I was say BS! There is no way. But I have a number of mods on my car and I can barely beat him. Most of the testing is "Real world" on a closed track with professional drivers and saftey gear
smile.gif
. We pick a gear say second, third, or fourth. Then we just nail the throttle. No wheel spin, no shifting, no driver ability. Just flat out power runs. We are almost dead even.

The guys at the Dyno said that DSSX would do a 390hp run on a stock car. I said "no way, he has got more juice than that". They based their rating on what the average Vipers where putting out.

I think that Chris's 99 GTS put out 428? Chris, was that with any mods?

I bet my car was a 390hp car. Then with the upgrades it put me at 443. I did not Dyno my car prior to the upgrades, bummer.

Kansas City is a big town. But MC is the only Dyno I know of here.

Jerry

OP
OP
D

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is Im not much of a motor head, Im very glad I have a friend like Jerry that understands this stuff. I put the key in and go. But I will say my car is strong, now thinking back about 4 weeks ago I raced a 996 twin turbo from 2nd gear and we were dead even, At first I just assumed the guy was scared of the car since he was about in his 50's. The Porsche should have been faster but we were dead even. The viper club up here is having a dyno day in a month or two, ill post the results, as for a quarter mile time I have not had this viper at the track yet, It would be stupid to go right now because I would just spin down the track. You have to figure that there are going to be that one car that is just put together perfect, who knows why, but lucky me I got it. They must have put in an extra squiral when the made the motor.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno's are great for air/fuel,mod. tuning.The rest is just bs.Drag racing with a dyno is a turkey's game.20-30 horse isn't gonna beat squat.Pulling a cat's hair away from another viper equals the consistancy of dyno's worldwide.PS Hopefully you'll have an impressive time slip to post,Enjoy it!

OP
OP
D

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats funny everyone was saying I was dreaming, Is your car stock? I bet you walked the F-50 that lives next door, The funny thing is I have only seen one 996 turbo on the street in the last 4 or 5 years, sure it was a turbo or are you in lala land? Just wondering, Hell even if my car was 300 hp as long as it gets me laid, and i dont have to talk to the girl agian, im happy. For all that are going to reply, I need a car to get laid, no at 27 years old ill take all I can get however,

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I think you dreaming about your dyno. I am 25 and, feel very lucky to have my second Viper. We have numerous companies with there headquarters hear so, we have every kind of exotic running around on a daily basis. Our street racing seen is insane. I'm calling it like I see it. Either the dyno is wrong, or you need attention. I have seen cars lay down the power you say you have. They seem to have no problem making road kill of Ferraris and Porsches.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my Viper friends, just refer back to my first post "DSSX is a huge bullshitter". He did pay cash for his Viper, but I guess we need to excuse his COCKEYNESS because he is 27.

DSSX I would say someone is going to whip your butt, but at 86lbs they may just step on you by mistake!

I am sure every ******* this board just fell in love with you.

If anyone out of town gets irritated with my buddy DSSX, just email me and I will poor 55 gallons of whoopass all over him.

Jerry

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '98 Viper GTS makes around 440 RWHP, and I have easily pulled on stock 911 TT's. Which brings me to this conclusion: 1.) The dyno was incorrect 2.) You need to a driver's ed class. Think about it, stock 911 TT make 415 HP, and many 911 owners think that rating is a little high. 440 RWHP / .85 = 518 HP. Your making 100 more HP than a stock 911 TT and can't pull him from a rolling start???? What MPH were you at when you nailed it in 2nd? My guess is you should have been in first gear, and the 911 TT gear are much closer than the 3.07 stock Viper's. Keep posting though, as we will be able to educate you on driving that Viper. We don't like to see fellow Viper owners lose races.

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
onerareviper, I have to give it to you. I don't think I could have stated it any better. (Applause)

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have raced 996-911 twin turbo's before. I can walk them pretty good from a second gear punch. By your supposed high dyno #'s you should pull them to. I think you need to dyno somewhere else. Your dyno readings are wrong if you cant pull on a Porsches turbo. I have seen stock RT's run neck and neck with with the 911/996 from a punch. The RT that ran neck & neck did 409 stock with 4800 miles on the car.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onerareviper,

I did not comment on DSSX race with the Porsche Turbo. I was not sure how much power the current turbo was up to. I thought the Viper still had a huge HP advantage over the Porsche. I think he should have pulled from him.

Here is one piece of the puzzle that we don't know for sure. DSSX always says "Big girls need lovin too". So maybe he had one of his famous 400 pound love machines in the passenger seat? Gravity was not his friend that day.

Jerry

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21