E-Bay or Autotrader?

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to ask those who have sold a Viper lately what their thoughts are on E-Bay and/or AutoTrader(.com)? One better than the other? What kind of success was seen? Did you get your asking price? Lot of tire kickers? Any E-Bay buyers backing out? I'm looking at moving to a GTS and want to find the best way to list my RT/10.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay is just starting to remind everyone of scams now. Go with autotrader!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold two via Autotrader. Ebay requires the right person to look at the right time. Autotrader runs until sold...

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with Autotrader. Many of my friend have purchased cars from them. They are well reapected.

Stay away from E-bay. Too many scammers. Any bidders want to buy cars for wholesale. I tried e-bay, twice, and would never use it to sell a car again. Just a waste of money.
E-bay is great for selling anything else.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one car from Autotrader, and two (including my Viper) on E-Bay, and I've successfully sold 3 cars on E-bay, and unsuccessfully listed two cars for sale on Autotrader.

I actually like Autotrader better as you can search more specifically than E-Bay. Especially by location, mileage, options, and colors. Plus there's no messing about with unknown selling prices (reserves).

But I've personally had pretty good luck both buying and selling through E-Bay. The only trick is that you have to take tons of precautions to validate both buyers and sellers as being legitimate. And buying cars long distance is much more risky than buying locally.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found my 2001 GTS on E-bay. I was reluctant to buy a car sight unseen or enter into some type of bidding war, but contacted the buyer and went down to check it out and negotiated the purchase. Great car at a fair price.

Since Auto Trader has a much larger selection of cars for sale, I would go with them first.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dont count ebay out. I just sold my 53 Indian motorcycle to some guy in Australia in 64 minutes!
http://tinyurl.com/8nwhg
Item 4544377899
I admit, it's not your everyday item but I also bought this same bike there so if you can see thru the scams and you price things right, they will move and quick. Personally, I would do ebay, autotrader and cars.com all at once. If you want to talk to a few hundred people, price it high. If you want to sell NOW, price it right and it will sell quick. Personally, I HATE TIRE KICKERS. Good luck.

(Now I've got to change my sig)

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have recently sold two high end BMW's using Autotrader. I tried ebay no luck. Both BMW's sold the first day the ads came out.

I'm still getting calls on both vehicles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang