Ebay HID Headlights/ Fogs Pics

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have to remove your front bumper to get install the hid in the fogs?
Nope, Look inside the front fenderwell and there is a really big rubber plug. Pull that off to access your fog light bulbs..Turn your front wheels hard right to get better access to left side light and viceversa for the otherside..The ballast fits through the hole and just double sticky tape it inside of the nose area...Al

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blah I already tried that..my hand doesn't fit through the hole lol..How did you remove the fog off the bumper? Is it just a slot or is there bolts that hold up the fogs to the bumper?
Nope, Look inside the front fenderwell and there is a really big rubber plug. Pull that off to access your fog light bulbs..Turn your front wheels hard right to get better access to left side light and viceversa for the otherside..The ballast fits through the hole and just double sticky tape it inside of the nose area...Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blah I already tried that..my hand doesn't fit through the hole lol..How did you remove the fog off the bumper? Is it just a slot or is there bolts that hold up the fogs to the bumper?
Use needle nose pliers if your hand doesnt fit...There is a hinged metal clip you press in the back of the fog housing and release it and the bulb comes out from the back...It is really easy...If you pull the wheel off so you can see it will be painfully obvious...Al...:)

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine in hte mail! Going to install mine today so I can see tonight!!! Fast shipping!

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question to all of you that have installed the 9005 low beams.

I can't for the life of me rotate the new HID 9005 into the socket. Looking at the HID versus the stock bulbs, I noticed that the HID have 3 little bumps that seem to make it harder to get in. Did I get the wrong ones or am I missing something? Here is a picture for comparison:

HID.jpg

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you noticed one of the tangs is a different shape and size..Make sure you have the odd tang lined up to the proper slot on the lamp assembly...Al

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem solved, I need to hit the gym again. It took alot more pressure to turn them in than I felt safe applying, but they are in now. Now struggling with the fogs a bit.

Regarding the fogs, did you get the stock gray rubber cap back over the back of the fog light? Since there are more wires now.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled the O ring off the new bulb and replaced it with the old O ring. It turns out that the new O ring is a little bigger than the old one. I did not want to push to hard so I just switched the O rings. Worked out great!

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree with the o-ring swap, that is the key to getting them in. On the Fogs you should really pull all the wires out of the supplied rubber grommet and split a small hole in the factory grommet. Make sure you seal off the connections, I used heat shrink. During the test I noticed one light flickering and realized the wires had come into contact with each other. Really straight forward once you get in and it only took me an hour or so. The hard part is working through the fog light hole. Looking back on it removing the wheel would of saved me some knuckle skin and Tylenol. Now I have to get use to people flashing me with the fog and low beams on thinking I have my brights on. Nice thing is I have a reply for that.

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update on my situation. I posted a week or so ago that I had either received a mislabled bulb or it was defective. It was a yellowish color as opposed to the white/blue the 6000k should be. I contacted them and while I had to pay shipping to send it back( no biggie) they sent out a new bulb quickly. Should be here tomorrow so we'll see. As of right now Im completly happy with their customer service and recommend this place for HIDs.....you CANT beat the price. :D

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, HIDs are all done. Camera isn't the best in low light but here they are. Now just waiting on getting the LEDs for the side markers in the mail this coming week to complete the project. And the difference is great for night driving, definitely brighter and whiter than before. I CAN SEE! Thanks 00prowler for starting this thread and your online help.

HPIM8349.JPG

HPIM8350.JPG

HPIM8352.JPG

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Getting a lot of *** for the bulbs I used here . They are WLED-CW5..Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detlef those look great..Post another pic after you install the signals and side markers with leds...Are those the 6K units???...Al

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered mine Sunday night and they got here Thursday afternoon. The graphics on the boxes are laughable, and the instructions are written some of the funnies engrish I've heard in a while, but these things light up the NIGHT. A friend of mine helped me install them and after 1 block he pulled over and let me drive ahead of him. The fogs will sear the retinas of anyone unlucky enough to be in front of you...luckily other cars are usually behind! You can see forever with these things, and the light is much purer/whiter. Street signs light up from a lot further away, especially when the fogs are on.

My take; the install would have taken about 3-4 hours if I knew what I was doing. Taking the wheels off helped immensely, but doing the fogs without removing the fascia was a bit of a challenge...especially mounting the ballast. The lows DID need to be shaved down to get rid of those humps; we tried doing it without and it didn't work.

Removing the foglight covers is easier if you have one hand behind it in the fascia, and another in front. Pull from the middle of the car towards the outside, as that tab is the most conveniently angled for being removed first. Once that first tab is out, the other 2 are easy.

Finally, for Gen. I guys (I don't know how Gen. IIs are set up): In the fog kit, there are the 3 wires that run between the ballast and the bulb, then 2 left over. It's easy to see where the black grounds on the lamp housing, but then you're left with one red wire and the stock wire/bulb. The instructions didn't say to, but deductive reasoning led us to cut and strip the wire going to the stock bulb and solder it to the red terminal on the remaining wire from the ballast.

And when you're drilling for a mount for the ballast, BEWARE OF THE OVERFLOW TANK IN THE FASCIA. I almost made a BIG mistake...

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered mine Sunday night and they got here Thursday afternoon. The graphics on the boxes are laughable, and the instructions are written some of the funnies engrish I've heard in a while, but these things light up the NIGHT. A friend of mine helped me install them and after 1 block he pulled over and let me drive ahead of him. The fogs will sear the retinas of anyone unlucky enough to be in front of you...luckily other cars are usually behind! You can see forever with these things, and the light is much purer/whiter. Street signs light up from a lot further away, especially when the fogs are on.

My take; the install would have taken about 3-4 hours if I knew what I was doing. Taking the wheels off helped immensely, but doing the fogs without removing the fascia was a bit of a challenge...especially mounting the ballast. The lows DID need to be shaved down to get rid of those humps; we tried doing it without and it didn't work.

Removing the foglight covers is easier if you have one hand behind it in the fascia, and another in front. Pull from the middle of the car towards the outside, as that tab is the most conveniently angled for being removed first. Once that first tab is out, the other 2 are easy.

Finally, for Gen. I guys (I don't know how Gen. IIs are set up): In the fog kit, there are the 3 wires that run between the ballast and the bulb, then 2 left over. It's easy to see where the black grounds on the lamp housing, but then you're left with one red wire and the stock wire/bulb. The instructions didn't say to, but deductive reasoning led us to cut and strip the wire going to the stock bulb and solder it to the red terminal on the remaining wire from the ballast.

And when you're drilling for a mount for the ballast, BEWARE OF THE OVERFLOW TANK IN THE FASCIA. I almost made a BIG mistake...
Jason, Finally no Viper tax on a nice product..I do agree those fogs are brutally bright...Al

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, dammit. After my post EARLY Saturday morning about the install, I dragged my wife out of bed to show her my finished project. I flipped on the lights and she asked why I only turned on the foglights. Uh-oh.

I step around to observe and the driver's low beam isn't on, but all the others are. I turn the lights off and back on again and they all come on.

This happens pretty consistently; the driver's low beam stays off when I first fire them up, but comes on the second time I turn on the lights. A few times I've turned on the lights before entering the car to make sure they come on, then get in and start the car. Sometimes turning the engine over kills the light again.

A friend who also ordered the lights said he has the same problem, but it was fixed by switching the way one of the wires was oriented in the ballast. I tried it but still had the same problem.

These also flicker for a good 4-5 seconds when they first come on. Is this normal? Pardon my ignorance, as this is my first set of HIDs and I have no basis for comparison.

Anyone else encounter this? I'm sending an email to the guy I ordered them from (Jimmy) to see what he says. I'll keep you guys posted.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

my 8K HID's (10K on the box is incorrect)were fitted on saturday thanks to Baz, a massive improvement over the crappy stock lights, will get a night pic

the sidelights were swapped for a little unit which contained x6 Leds, even that glows very bright and ties in color wise, be nice to see where im going for a change :)

They are quite heavy so i weighed them, we had a UK group buy and got them for $95

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still haven't heard back from the seller via email or Ebay. I'm still having the same problem with the driver's lowbeam not firing consistently. I'll keep you posted.

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still haven't heard back from the seller via email or Ebay. I'm still having the same problem with the driver's lowbeam not firing consistently. I'll keep you posted.

Weird....I got a responce immediatly when I had a bad bulb. They got it taken care of quickly as well. :dunno:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the seller, right?

[email protected]

I've sent an email via Ebay, and I'm going to try contacting him on his GMail account again.

The product shipped immediately and I got a DHL notification within a few hours. My lights are still acting up and I'd like to get this resolved because the car is just sitting in the garage with the fender lining out, waiting to see what this guy says.

I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks!