OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that have lowered:
1) Pros/cons of each
2) Cost for materials plus install?
3) How much drop in inches in each?
4) One better than the other?

I need less of a wheel gap on my GTS, so looking for the "better" option...

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibachs increase ride stiffness and lower the car more than new spring caps. Even with the shocks adjusted optimally you get some "bounce."

On my car, I used NWE spring caps to lower the car by about 3/8". You can measure the difference between the OEM caps and the NWE spring caps off and on the car - it's 3/8". The suspension will travel slightly more that 3/8" due to the geometry, but in practice it only made a 1/32" additional difference - not enough to mention. The main advantage is that there is improvement in the wheel gap with out altering the ride quality.

DrDJ

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibachs increase ride stiffness and lower the car more than new spring caps. Even with the shocks adjusted optimally you get some "bounce."

On my car, I used NWE spring caps to lower the car by about 3/8". You can measure the difference between the OEM caps and the NWE spring caps off and on the car - it's 3/8". The suspension will travel slightly more that 3/8" due to the geometry, but in practice it only made a 1/32" additional difference - not enough to mention. The main advantage is that there is improvement in the wheel gap with out altering the ride quality.

DrDJ

What did this cost you in parts/labor? Is the 3/8 drop enough to clean up the gap or should I just go with the 1 inch drop of the eibach's?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lowered with springs(eibach about 10% stiffer).Rears progressive.Shocks adjusted, for improved handling.More aggresive alignment.If you're only worried about looks then lower them with a torch. GTS Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery