Electric Door release ?

Oldwilsonian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, thank you to all for the friendly advice & informative comments; re: my '02 GTS running hot - followed the procedure for "burping" the system - had no coolant in the front fascia bottle and a lot of air was expelled from the surge tank. Also follwed another members advice and added hose clamps to the line from the surge tank to the front fascia bottle. Appears to have cured the problem.

Recently my interior driver door release lever has not been opening the door. I turn off the engine remove the key, pull the lever but the door does not open, I hear the electronic mechanism functioning though. I have tried pressing the little button under the lever which does illuminate but makes no difference. It did it today for the first time on the outside of the driver door - pressed the button and door would not open, forcing me to go through the passenger side and release the manual cable latch on the inside - which is how I have been exiting the car for the last few days!

Checked the fuse - o.k. I have warranty but before I go trotting off to the dealer is there something obvious I am overlooking here?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks, OW.

'02 GTS Yellow/black stripes
'01 M-B SLK 320
'98 H-D Fatboy :2tu:

OP
OP
O

Oldwilsonian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jay.

All the information I needed right here in this thread.

Oldwisonian. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc