Elite Motorsport (Vipers by Elite) - email sent to me

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi All!

I just received the below email message (in quotation) from Elite Motorsports (Vipers by Elite) [email protected] Please note: the email sent to me did not have any names attached.

I'm confused. Anyone know who the new owner is of Elite Motorsports? The Elite Motorsports (Vipers by Elite) website says Scott Schenfield.

"Hi Jason. I was told that there was some confusion as to the quality of our hoods on the VCA. Please allow me to clear any confusion. We purchased the company 10 months ago. We were aware that the previous owner had some issues. For one thing all of the hoods were àctually built by a company out of Pennsylvania named US exotics. This company was building the hoods with no means of verifying the fit as they were and still are a small shop that specializes in firebirds and camaros. We took over a 7000 SQ ft building with state of the art equipment specializing in vipers only. We build all of our products in house and ship nothing until perfect fit is verified. We currently have 16 vipers in house for various upgrades. We will be glad to supply you a list of customers that currently have our hoods on there cars including the west coast choppers Jesse James personal viper. We also invite you to visit our facility as it is nothing short of amazing. Upon taking over the buisiness we designed all of our own hoods with our in house fiberglass staff with over 75 combined years of experience in the fiberglass and carbon fiber Industry. We sent you this email not to convince you to purchase our hood but to clear the air of any possible confusion between our hoods and the previous hoods manufactured out of facility by the previous owners. Thanks for taking the time to read this."

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, well, well.... this was definitely an interesting read to say the least. Jason, thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea that Scott was up to his old tricks again. And yes... I said Scott, it's still him I can assure you. He actually sent me an email out of the blue just a few months ago. So yeah, there are no new owners that bought Elite 10 months ago. This is just a brand new scam he's obviously cooked up out of desperation, I'm sure. I've really tried to bite my tongue and refrain from mudslinging on the VCA, but this is my livelyhood and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit back and let somebody spread lies about me and my business. I'm sure he never intended for me to see that email (thank you Jason) and I'm also fairly positive that he's lurking around the board here, so let's take the gloves off and clear up a few things. Sorry everybody, but this is gonna be a long one... I have alot to say about this situation.

First off, I only ever built 5 hoods for Scott. He approached me almost two years ago with a hood that he wanted me to replicate and continue producing for him. I later found out from Jon B that the reason he came to me was because he had failed to pay his previous manufacturer and obviously came to me since he had burnt that bridge already. He had also pretty much ruined his reputation with these shotty hoods before I ever even knew he existed. The hood he brought to me needed about 40 hours worth of bodywork to eliminate all of the waves and imperfections before I could even consider casting production molds from it. I did the bodywork free of charge since he didn't want to pay for it. The last thing I wanted to do was replicate crap that was going to run customers thousands of extra dollars at their bodyshop before even installing the hood... that's just not how I do business as I value my reputation.

He decided that he needed 5 hoods in about 6 weeks... so I stopped taking orders on all of my other products (yes, primarily late-model firebird and camaro parts) to dedicate myself to these viper hoods, since I had wanted for a long time to get involved with this market and saw this as my chance. At the time I was unaware of his previous dealings and bad reputation for lies and scams. I kept my end of the bargain and built these hoods for him. When I sent the first one down to him he told me that it fit EXACTLY like the one he had sent to me, which I thought was a good thing. Turns out I was wrong... it fit like hell. This is when I found out that the original hood didn't fit well in the first place. Somehow he expected that a replica of his original was going to fit better somehow!?!?!?... sorry but that's just not how it works. When I found out that all of my hours and hours of work were dedicated to replicating a hood that didn't fit in the first place, I was absolutely beside myself. I didn't want to have anything to do with this guy anymore and decided that our business relationship was over. I didn't want to be associated with somebody that would knowingly take all of this hard-earned money from unsuspecting customers in exchange for a part that he knew for a fact they wouldn't be happy with.

Fast-forward 10 months later and there I was, with no payment for the hoods from Scott and a shop full of shotty viper hoods. Just about every week I got some horrible excuse as to why I hadn't been paid yet for these things. Everything from emergency surgeries for him and all of his family members, to natural disasters, to car accidents, to being victimized by money-order scams, etc... you name it, he had a new excuse every week. Meanwhile, I had so much time and money wrapped up into his stuff that I was begging my bank for more and more money to keep my lights on here at the shop. My business and my family suffered a great deal from doing business with this guy. At the end of those 10 months, I finally got paid and got those hoods out of my shop and was hoping to put all of that behind me... Once again I was wrong. Once these hoods started going out to customers, and as you'd guess, they weren't happy... so Scott referred them to me!?!?!?!

I already had decided at that point that I wanted to remain in the viper market, so I began work on my own design, the Diamondback hood. One customer of Scott's in particular was Anton28, a member and regular poster here on the VCA. He had a typical experience with one of the Elite hoods that I had built. With a lawsuit pending against Scott and no returned phonecalls, I decided to step in and offer him one of my Diamondback hoods free of charge to replace the Elite hood. This was just one of the examples of me doing my best to distance myself from Scott's style of doing business. I'm happy to say that Anton is the proud owner of Diamondback hood #3.

Just remember Scott, you didn't get banned from the VCA by accident... you earned it buddy.

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also... if anybody ever wants to check out what my customers have to say about the parts that I build, you can always feel free to check out my ebay feedback. I'm not buying and reselling anything, I've hand-built every single part I've ever sold on ebay and have earned every bit of feedback on there... but Scott would have people believe that I'm some newbie that doesn't have any concern for fitment or quality...lol

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ame=STRK:ME:UFS

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Oh Snap...

:headbang: :hitfan:

Roger - for the record if I had the funds I would have bought
your hood, but alas the planets weren't in alighment last summer.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, well, well.... this was definitely an interesting read to say the least. Jason, thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea that Scott was up to his old tricks again. And yes... I said Scott, it's still him I can assure you. He actually sent me an email out of the blue just a few months ago. So yeah, there are no new owners that bought Elite 10 months ago. This is just a brand new scam he's obviously cooked up out of desperation, I'm sure. I've really tried to bite my tongue and refrain from mudslinging on the VCA, but this is my livelyhood and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit back and let somebody spread lies about me and my business. I'm sure he never intended for me to see that email (thank you Jason) and I'm also fairly positive that he's lurking around the board here, so let's take the gloves off and clear up a few things. Sorry everybody, but this is gonna be a long one... I have alot to say about this situation.

First off, I only ever built 5 hoods for Scott. He approached me almost two years ago with a hood that he wanted me to replicate and continue producing for him. I later found out from Jon B that the reason he came to me was because he had failed to pay his previous manufacturer and obviously came to me since he had burnt that bridge already. He had also pretty much ruined his reputation with these shotty hoods before I ever even knew he existed. The hood he brought to me needed about 40 hours worth of bodywork to eliminate all of the waves and imperfections before I could even consider casting production molds from it. I did the bodywork free of charge since he didn't want to pay for it. The last thing I wanted to do was replicate crap that was going to run customers thousands of extra dollars at their bodyshop before even installing the hood... that's just not how I do business as I value my reputation.

He decided that he needed 5 hoods in about 6 weeks... so I stopped taking orders on all of my other products (yes, primarily late-model firebird and camaro parts) to dedicate myself to these viper hoods, since I had wanted for a long time to get involved with this market and saw this as my chance. At the time I was unaware of his previous dealings and bad reputation for lies and scams. I kept my end of the bargain and built these hoods for him. When I sent the first one down to him he told me that it fit EXACTLY like the one he had sent to me, which I thought was a good thing. Turns out I was wrong... it fit like hell. This is when I found out that the original hood didn't well in the first place. Somehow he expected that a replica of his original was going to fit better somehow!?!?!?... sorry but that's just not how it works. When I found out that all of my hours and hours of work were dedicated to replicating a hood that didn't fit in the first place, I was absolutely beside myself. I didn't want to have anything to do with this guy anymore and decided that our business relationship was over. I didn't want to be associated with somebody that would knowingly take all of this hard-earned money from unsuspecting customers in exchange for a part that he knew for a fact they wouldn't be happy with.

Fast-forward 10 months later and there I was, with no payment for the hoods from Scott and a shop full of shotty viper hoods. Just about every week I got some horrible excuse as to why I hadn't been paid yet for these things. Everything from emergency surgeries for him and all of his family members, to natural disasters, to car accidents, to being victimized by money-order scams, etc... you name it, he had a new excuse every week. Meanwhile, I had so much time and money wrapped up into his stuff that I was begging my bank for more and more money to keep my lights on here at the shop. My business and my family suffered a great deal from doing business with this guy. At the end of those 10 months, I finally got paid and got those hoods out of my shop and was hoping to put all of that behind me... Once again I was wrong. Once these hoods started going out to customers, and as you'd guess, they weren't happy... so Scott referred them to me!?!?!?!

I already had decided at that point that I wanted to remain in the viper market, so I began work on my own design, the Diamondback hood. One customer of Scott's in particular was Anton28, a member and regular poster here on the VCA. He had a typical experience with one of the Elite hoods that I had built. With a lawsuit pending against Scott and no returned phonecalls, I decided to step in and offer him one of my Diamondback hoods free of charge to replace the Elite hood. This was just one of the examples of me doing my best to distance myself from Scott's style of doing business. I'm happy to say that Anton is the proud owner of Diamondback hood #3. R

Just remember Scott, you did't get banned from the VCA by accident... you earned it buddy.
:headbang: Dang you tell him. :2tu: I always heard this guy was a crook :evilmad: .
:cool: For the record i will be buying a diamondback hood from you before the end of the year! I LOVE the diamondback hood, in my opinion it's the best looking hood ever made for a Viper!

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe that crook is still around!!!!!!!!!!! I swear if im ever in Florida I am knocking on his door. If your reading this Scott, im not going to forget about that $7,000 that you stole from me, whether its this month or 5 years from now, ill be knocking on your door!!!!!!!

As for Roger, I must repeat my self and say that his product is awesome, and him coming through and taking care of Scots mistakes says allot about him personality. Great Person!!!

Thanks Roger, I love the hood. I still don’t have my car back but expecting it any day now and as soon as I paint that hood I will send you pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just want to say a big THANKS to all the members who have steered me in the right direction!! :2tu: And the direction I have been pointed is towards USEXOTICS and the Diamondback hood!!!

I spoke with Roger tonight on the telephone and I can't say enough good things about him. He takes pride in his work and it shows!!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like USEXOTICS is a stand up company takes a lot to give a new hood for someone elses F&^K up....
Top man keep up the good work..........

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry Roger. Many of us have seen your new hood and it speaks for itself. I've personally seen Lauri's and it's beautiful! If and when I decide to get one myself it will be yours.

9065DSCF0768.JPG

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn that car on ebay is riced out. IT surly looks like Scott;s old car painted yellow. If I remember right he took the roe charger off and put a paxton on. New stereo too, must be the what the $7000 he stole from anton28 paid for.

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that is thinking about doing business with Elite Motorsports, PM me first! Scott is a piece of S*%T.

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not only am i sure that the car in the picture is scotts old blue/white, that is also his shop. i have personaly been to scotts shop, whis is located in his back yard of his home, and that is the same shop/floor/ceiling walls, even the same fence that is around his property. i have never had any dealing with him personaly, but i know that the VCA members all come together a few yrs back to fund a "viper couch" for his sick son, and boy the thanks Scott gives back should not go unnoticed.....NOT A DAMN THING!!! its been one horror story after another with him. even his personality seemed evasive when i hade the cance to make a trip to his shop.

Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Elite Motorsport (Vipers by Elite) - email sent to me *DELETED*

Post deleted by Adam

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, Roger I sure as hell hope that you hooked a law suit up in his ass for all the things he brought upon your family :evilmad:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey adam, not good to publicly condone a beating ,bud. Interesting thread and it is not surprising this guy can get away with this business practice. It will catch up with him in the end though. the diamonback hood looks sweet and you can clearly see the mfg, us exotics is a stand up businessman.

Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry if I stepped out of line; something’s just have a way of firing me up. You mess with anyone’s family, steeling from other genuine people and the crap hits the fan for me.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't worry Roger. Many of us have seen your new hood and it speaks for itself. I've personally seen Lauri's and it's beautiful! If and when I decide to get one myself it will be yours.

9065DSCF0768.JPG

Just didn't want anyone to see some of the larger gaps on Lauri's hood and get scared of the fitment to our cars. Lauri's car was the prototype and the "gap" issue has been solved with a whole new mold. Roger wanted to correct Lauri's (just the type of guy he is) but he didn't find out (the body shop didn't inform him) until they had it painted and put back together.

Roger I hope you don't mind me writing this, I just didn't want it going unsaid if you didn't revisit this thread. I’ve just seen your work first hand and know it's true

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry if I stepped out of line; something’s just have a way of firing me up. You mess with anyone’s family, steeling from other genuine people and the crap hits the fan for me.

adam, if you go back to your first post, you can still click on EDIT and delete the comment either in part or as a whole. i strongly recommend you do so. i am sure we all feel as strongly as you do about thieves, but you really must be careful what you put in writing on an internet forum.

DRose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...with over 75 combined years of experience in the fiberglass and carbon fiber Industry.

Key words that should always raise a question. Combined years of experience doesn't mean anything. I am 36 but if I combine my Viper experience with JonB's I have over 24 years of experience with Vipers. But wait, the Viper hasn't been around for that long.

Business owners should be careful using words like Elite, Noble, ZZZBest. Also beware of the self proclaimed "Best" in the business. The truest phrase I have heard from a business owner is "You are only as good as your worst employee."

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just didn't want anyone to see some of the larger gaps on Lauri's hood and get scared of the fitment to our cars. Lauri's car was the prototype and the "gap" issue has been solved with a whole new mold. Roger wanted to correct Lauri's (just the type of guy he is) but he didn't find out (the body shop didn't inform him) until they had it painted and put back together.

Roger I hope you don't mind me writing this, I just didn't want it going unsaid if you didn't revisit this thread. I’ve just seen your work first hand and know it's true

I did Laurie's car. I think its a combination of the hood to the autoform fascia. Viper gaps are not consistant as it is from the factory. Roger has addressed this by adding more material that you can leave or grind back on the front corners. It really depends on what fascia you have. We test fit the parts before we painted, but you really cant add any material and have it hold (no bondo) on the corners. It wasnt a matter of the body shop "not informing" It really must be part of the mold to have any kind of strength. I am sure that the hood would have worked fine on a stock fascia as that is what roger used for dimensions. The gaps are not really that bad on Laurie's. I have seen worse from the factory.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

Got a bigger picture? :bonker: