Emblem Mod-Smoking out Chrome

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think your confusing a couple of things, at least in my mind. Smoking the emblems or smoking the ribs on the manifold is a lot different than doing the lenses. The same can be said about powder coating your rims. Unless their is an unknown variant like the heat process (during powder coating) somehow weakening the wheel forging, it's just a color issue. Kinda like choosing the color of your car. My only negative feeling about any so called "Poser" mod is when it actually detracts from the original performance and safety of the car. I'd also suspect, particularly on those cars with higher wattage bulbs, that the additional heat trapped within the lense will cause premature failure of the entire housing. Even clear plastic over your lenses will reduce the heat transfer out of your housing. So I guess pick your poison.

NOw that statement about CAUSING incidents were visibility would be a factor is irrelevant. Never heard or seen an accident locally or nationally was caused by someone TINTING their lenses. And hear way more accidents caused by lack of not paying attention more. Look, I deal with this type of issues every once in the while. A friend or person in a group will come to me and try to tell me that it doesn't look good, that it's illegal, or it pulls away from the car. BLAH BLAH BLAH, remember it's my car. And will be happy to share anything I do to mine with anyone else who likes it! It's one's own uniqueness! To be different can often be a wonderful thing! And besides, I am not wanting my car to be like everyone elses! I love how it looks and all, but eventually down the line I plan to paint it a TOTALLY different color possibly! And from what I have seen and gathered through life that other like myself have itch or the mind for something different in our rides. Is it wrong or a big deal to change a thing on the I personally own car? Do I need obtain approval or something? Heck let's put this in performance stand point. What do you prefer in the force induction route? Paxton? Roe? Or turbo? Heffner? Well I already see some who choose what ever route of FI argue over Supercharger vs Turbo. NA vs FI, Etc. No matter what you do there is always someone that will disagree.. Whether someone wants to chrome out a knob to putting a rebel flag on the roof of their car.. ok bad analogy! LMAO It's one freedom to express individuality! Is it not?
:usa::headbang:

Sorry for the rant everyone. But I wasn't going to just sit here and not defend my own topic.

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! I bet that cools way better! Now I have to ask the hundre million dollar question. Will that technically weakend the structual integrity of the exhaust cover? Or does it seem still strong after the mod? Cause if doesn't I might just have to do that to mine this coming weekend! I heard if I remove that cats it would help reduce heat and possibly gain more horsies? Maybe the performance guys can answer that question better. Cause I want to remove the cats but will effect any back pressure issue? Which I can't see how seeming it's such a short exhaust system!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I bet that cools way better! Now I have to ask the hundre million dollar question. Will that technically weakend the structual integrity of the exhaust cover? Or does it seem still strong after the mod? Cause if doesn't I might just have to do that to mine this coming weekend! I heard if I remove that cats it would help reduce heat and possibly gain more horsies? Maybe the performance guys can answer that question better. Cause I want to remove the cats but will effect any back pressure issue? Which I can't see how seeming it's such a short exhaust system!

By "exhaust cover" I think you mean the side sill. Dave's mod won't significantly affect the sill integrity. It's just a cover anyway, not a support piece.

Removing the cats will decrease heat and increase HP. But you might wanna go with hi-flow cats first. Removing the cats completely might result in an annoying exhaust note without installing the correct muffler.

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh! Well I did not know that. I will have to look into that. Any recommendations in cats and muffler? Without paying the price for the complete system from Roe's website.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh! Well I did not know that. I will have to look into that. Any recommendations in cats and muffler? Without paying the price for the complete system from Roe's website.

Personally I don't think there is an advantage to a 3-inch catback other than sound.

In the case with my RT/10 I removed my rear muffler. I still have the stock cats but my next exhaust upgrade will be high flows and vented sills. I will leave the stock 2.5-inch pipes. That should be enough to cool the sills and not too loud. My loud car is my GTS which is no cats, 3-inch pipes and Hennessey mufflers, and it sounds great.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOw that statement about CAUSING incidents were visibility would be a factor is irrelevant. Never heard or seen an accident locally or nationally was caused by someone TINTING their lenses. And hear way more accidents caused by lack of not paying attention more. Look, I deal with this type of issues every once in the while. A friend or person in a group will come to me and try to tell me that it doesn't look good, that it's illegal, or it pulls away from the car. BLAH BLAH BLAH, remember it's my car. And will be happy to share anything I do to mine with anyone else who likes it! It's one's own uniqueness! To be different can often be a wonderful thing! And besides, I am not wanting my car to be like everyone elses! I love how it looks and all, but eventually down the line I plan to paint it a TOTALLY different color possibly! And from what I have seen and gathered through life that other like myself have itch or the mind for something different in our rides. Is it wrong or a big deal to change a thing on the I personally own car? Do I need obtain approval or something? Heck let's put this in performance stand point. What do you prefer in the force induction route? Paxton? Roe? Or turbo? Heffner? Well I already see some who choose what ever route of FI argue over Supercharger vs Turbo. NA vs FI, Etc. No matter what you do there is always someone that will disagree.. Whether someone wants to chrome out a knob to putting a rebel flag on the roof of their car.. ok bad analogy! LMAO It's one freedom to express individuality! Is it not?
:usa::headbang:

Sorry for the rant everyone. But I wasn't going to just sit here and not defend my own topic.

I think if you read what I said, I agree with everything your saying in that paragraph. The only thing I think is a bad idea is the tinting of the lenses, for the reasons I stated, specifically NON ASTHETIC reasons. I also agree that most accidents are caused by idiots, BUT just as the sun will shine tomorrow (at least in SoCal) some attorney will latch onto this. Tint your lenses all you want, I just thought others might want to know why they possibly shouldn't. Okay i'm done.

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
duly noted! I respect what your saying and what you are getting at. It's all good here! :)