Enclosed car trailer

MuzzB Yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it necessary to tie my Viper down via tire bonnets and e track? I would love to use the hook points on the car frame and just rachet the tie downs from there to the trailer floor hooks. I'll be traveling about 1000 miles from my home in Montana to the Viper track day at Willow Springs.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I have ever done is tie it down using the frame tie down points. No problems with many thousand miles. I think it is better to use wheel tie downs, they are not so practical for most trailers with 4 tie down locations.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look in your local yellow pages for a tow truck supply company. They can supply the 'R' hooks and sraps. If you plan on trailering more than one type vehicle you may want to consider the straps with several types of hooks on one end, sort of a universal thingy. I wish I would have bought that type strap because I tow different vehicles from time to time.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use R hooks on the front only. They do not seem to fit well for the back.

Sleeper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use R hooks on the front only. They do not seem to fit well for the back.

Yes, I do it this way, too. In the rear, the hook on the tie down strap works just fine without any additional hardware.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
AW Direct is where I got mine. I use the R hooks front and rear, but you can use the strap only in the rear if you get the correct strap end hooks.

MuzzB Yellow, coming to Willow Springs? Hopefully the weather will be good.

We should be there too.

Dan

OP
OP
M

MuzzB Yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AW Direct is where I got mine. I use the R hooks front and rear, but you can use the strap only in the rear if you get the correct strap end hooks.

MuzzB Yellow, coming to Willow Springs? Hopefully the weather will be good.

We should be there too.

Dan

Yes we should be there long trip for me so REALLY hop ethe weather is nice.

what would be the correct strap end hooks?

Sleeper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would be the correct strap end hooks?

These:

6718DSC00311-med.JPG

Hope the photo is not too small to see the hooks.

TD

(Note - the hooks you see attatched to the trailer's D-rings are the same hooks that snap through the car frame's tie-down slots.)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Those pictured above will work but remember that access is a bit tighter in an enclosed trailer. I think the R-hooks work best in an enclosed trailer. There are several types of straps with hooks on them. I have a set with very large hooks on the ends that won't fit through the frame holes but work well with the R-hooks. There are also others with a double, round "thick wire" look to them. These work quite well when attaching directly to the frame. I'd check their on line catalog and call them, they were very helpful when I called for information.

Greg99ACRRedandSilver could probably get you the part number, he helped me with mine.

The squeeze toys just keep on coming to my house too.

Dan