End of the season.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oil changed.Full tank of gas.Tires pumped up.Meticulous washing.Sitting on stock pen mats.Temp in garage 70F,humidity 40%.Outside temp 28F,humidity 87%,light snow.In the off season run every 2 weeks for 20-30 minutes to blow out moisture, circulate fluids to parts and gaskets,roll back and forth. Winter projects meticulous cleaning and dressing of interior,engine and exterior. I know if I lived farther south I could drive it year round,But then there would be no use for a second set of winter toys and tools and for the ladies out there seasonal wardrobes too. Bruce

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce, just curiouus, what is the recommended air pressure used for winter storage, as per your car? Thanks.

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I inflated last year to maximum which is 50 psi for pilots.This year using 46 psi.Tires rest on doubled stock pen mats.A stock pen mat is heavy 3/4 inch rubber mat in a 4x8 size.Used to put down in concrete pens or on a concrete barn floor to prevent cows and other livestock from going lame.I bought 2 of them at a local feed supply store and cut them into quarters and doubled them so that each tire rests on 2 mats.I drive up on them normally too.They cost 35-40 dollars each. Bruce

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is this stuff "snow"? Isn't that something that's associated with cold weather in the more primitive areas of the country?

I think I saw pictures of it once on The Weather Channel!

Don

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep its that white stuff that allows us to slide along like rally drivers in our 4x4 winter vehicles and use our ski's, snow mobiles etc.Last year the area just outside of our neighborhood got 7 feet in one weeks time.What a ball in a 4x4 Ram truck.Had snow sliding across the hood on some side streets.Of course a Viper would be incredibly useless and probably couldn't make it out of the garage let alone down the driveway to the street. Bruce

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Bruce:
Yep its that white stuff that allows us to slide along like rally drivers in our 4x4 winter vehicles and use our ski's, snow mobiles etc.Last year the area just outside of our neighborhood got 7 feet in one weeks time.What a ball in a 4x4 Ram truck.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You <FONT COLOR="Pink"> FAIR</FONT c> weather boys have no idea?!

"It only takes a quarter of an inch to separate the men from the boys"
laugh.gif

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
What are you talking about? The Viper was MADE for the snow!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

<FONT size="-2">ok, so in reality I bought mine in February and I wasn't waiting until spring to bring her home.</FONT s>

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-RUNNR,
nice pic!!!
i had to move my car last winter from one storage unit to another
about 100yards for snow covered (2-3 inches) driveway.
It was fun.
I took bruce's advice and used 3rd gear to keep it from spining
our going sideways.
first and second were useless.
it was fun
smile.gif

Bruce,
Mine too is down for winter. I also put down 10 sheets of blue plastic tarps on the concrete floor.
Then I put down my sheets of plywood and carpet for the tires.
Did you put any Staybil in the gas?
I put some in i figure cant hurt... right?
Then I too changed oil,and pumped up the tires to 40 psi.
have a good winter season
JIM

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96