EVAP pump code

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
My 2000 GTS just popped a code for a leak detection, (EVAP)pump. I find it odd that a low mileage car would burn a pump. Anyone have anyideas on this code and if the pump is interchangeable with other models? I hatespending money on this kind of part.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of repair parts do you like spending money on? You are aware you have a 13 year old car?

+1 on what is the code. That is the most irritating part of these posts; you have information that would be most useful to us helping you, but you don't provide it. I do have the systems diagnostics books that have many pages of info on what it could be or how to fix it, but the starting point is always the code.

Meanwhile, since we're stumped for now, reset it and see if it comes back. Could have just been one of those things.

OP
OP
Barry

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
Damn I knew you were going to ask for the code. I ran thecode a long time ago, reset it and it came back after a few miles. My codereader is in my other car and my wife has that car at my daughters until nextweek. I’ll get back to you as soon as I run the code again. ;)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
find out if its a large or small leak from code, but check the vapor hoses for dry rott cracks, mopar i have found is the worst for this

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As was pointed out, the gas cap could be causing the problem listed in that possible cause list. You can have it tested at an emissions station I bet. If you have those in Jersey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper