EVICTED!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had to drop off some library books for the kids tonight (hey, another GREAT excuse to take the GTS for a spin) and I decide to stop by the local Handy Mart for a Pepsi (OK, Diet Pepsi). This is one of the BEST places to stop for an easy non-alcoholic beverage, as you can park by the gas pumps with no fear of door dings and without having to take up two spaces out in the boonies. I have never been to this one before, but it looks just fine.

I walk in and buy my drink, chatting it up with the manager for a bit about the weather and the KC Royals. I walk back outside and there is a small congregation of teens a couple cars over, elbowing each other as I approach. I hear "No, YOU ask him!", "No, I think YOU should ask him". I smiled, turned towards them and said, "Would somebody PLEASE ask me..." They relaxed and asked if I would open the hood. As I have never declined (nor ever will), I gladly obliged. They asked lots of fun questions and soon the entire lot was FULL of Friday night cruisers admiring the very best Detroit has to offer. They had blocked off the pumps and the rest of the lot by piling in every which way. The car was surrounded by eager teens - not one daring to touch the car (always amusing).

This went on for a couple minutes and the sea of people parted as the manager came out. He shuffled a bit and said, "I am going to have to ask you to close your hood and leave the premises." I laughed and said I understood perfectly. The gathered crowd groaned and several spoke up on my behalf and told the manager it wasn't my fault - they had asked me to open the hood. I smiled and told them it was no big deal. Apparently they don't buy a whole lot from the store when they crowd the parking lot.
You must be registered for see images

Mind you, as a big-boned person (grin) I take minor exception to being called "fat", but apparently it's good to have a car that is "phat".
Just another day in the life of Viper!

Chris

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris,
What a great story!!
Isn't it awesome what a "People Magnet" the car is. It never ceases to amaze me. Gotta love it!!! ps. Thanks for the nice words via p/m.
Have a wonderful Holiday weekend.
Laura

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

It's kinda nice to share the experience huh? I was on a date a couple of years back, and we went to dinner at a restaurant near the mall. I parked way in the back because there were no spaces up front. Being slightly nervous about leaving my car in a mall parking lot, I took the first opportunity when a space opened up right out front to move the car.

When I went to my car, I saw a bunch of young kids (5-10 yrs) standing around it. As I got closer and it was apparent that it was my car, they all scattered, hiding behind other cars and watching me get to my car.

One of the older ones said "sorry", but I said "No problem, come take a look". I spent 20 minutes showing them the car - the engine, the interior. They all set in it and I strapped them into the 5-points. A few minutes later, an adult walked over and apologized for the intrusion (she didn't realize I had encouraged it!). These were a bunch of students from Mexico who were on a trip of the Boston area. She had a camera, and I said she could grab as many pics as she liked. She took pictures of each of the kids behind the steering wheel "Driving" the car. They told me they were leaving the next day, and were just spending the rest of their "trip money" at the mall, but they unanimously agreed that the best part of their trip was actually seeing a Viper - and sitting in it with pictures to prove it was just amazing, they couldn't wait to show all their friends.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike -

I think sharing the experience is the BEST part of ownership, although driving it is pretty darn close.
The joy it brings other people just by seeing it up close is great. When you ask if they want to sit in it, they act like they just won the lottery. And the cost? ZERO. I finally broke down and bought a decent Polaroid camera to carry with me so that I can take a picture for them with them in the car if they like. They walk away with a smile and "souvenir" of a genuine dream car, and I like to think I helped brighten somebody's day. Simple enough!

Chris

Steve Theodore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

It is people like yourself that make me want to officially join the Viper community. Bravo!

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:
...I finally broke down and bought a decent Polaroid camera to carry with me so that I can take a picture for them with them in the car if they like. They walk away with a smile and "souvenir" of a genuine dream car, and I like to think I helped brighten somebody's day. Simple enough!

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love to share this car with others. Almost like a dream come true for them. I have had similar experiences to Chris' and get some sort of satisfaction or fulfilment out of it.

I had the Cuda out yesterday and it drew quite the crowd also.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kind of thing happens all the time.

I drove my 97 GTS back from racing in Homestead Saturday, the car was all dirty and beat and a young guy and his girlfriend wanted to get a pic of it. When they were done I told them they should get a pic of each of them sitting in the drivers seat. They did.

I also had a Porsche video taping as I was leaving Homestead.

Numerous people talking to me everywhere I stopped for fuel. Unreal.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Did I read that correctly? You left your date alone in a restaurant for 20 minutes so you could show off your car to a group of kids? I'm just guessing here, but was that you last date with her?