exhaust problem

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good advice, if only One side is overheating than there is likely an issue on that side.
- If it fas a "faulty" injector is there any way to troubleshoot this besides dropping her off at the dealership and them looking at the computer while it runs?

Easy and inexpensive way to diagnose. I have a laser thermometer that I can point to each exhaust tube, right at the head and read the exhaust temps. A rich v/s lean cylinder will create a cooler v/s hotter cylinder and with that information you can make a more educated diagnosis. Swapping exhaust parts to cure the problem is only swapping band-aids on the problem, Get to the root of the problem then fix it once and done.

OP
OP
C

craig_g

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it has 33k on it... I just looked at the car and it already has high flow cats on it.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
I didnt really pay attention to the exhaust much when I had the covers off before while they were getting repainted. The browing/yellowing of the paint(now the cover is off so i can see it better) seems to actually be occuring from the mufflers. From the looks of the heat protection they look like they have seen better days !! maybe that is the only problem I am having :dunno:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car is silver !!! I think I am going to remove the cats and install the roe o2 eleminator to keep the cel light off.

Just an FYI. I had no probeles with check engine light when I removed the cats. I ended up putting the RandomTtech cats on after a while. I like the sound better with the Corsa catback and smell is better. The sound catless was just a bit more than I liked; but, it was an impressive sound and worth doing it that way for a while, anyway.

OP
OP
C

craig_g

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may have found the problem !!! The exhaust clamp at the front of the muffler was not tight at all. The clamp lines up perfectly with the yellowing of the paint. I started up the car before I tightened the clamp and it didn't seem to be leaking but who say that when the car is at full temp and the exhaust is moving from engine while driving it may leak. I sure hope this fixes the problem !! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi