exhaust

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted to know the best exhaust to go with on my 2006 vert.

Is a simple weekend car but want the better sound. Is is easy to install yourself. Hate to bring it to a dealer so they can joy ride it lol

Thanks for the input

New to vipers:drive: :drive:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had the complete B&B 3" system, and I've had the Corsa Track with 3" RT (metal) h/f cats, and now I have the Mopar Race exhaust behind the RT cats ... The Mopar Race exhaust sounds the best to my ears by far (the Corsa Track was too loud at start-up and idle for my taste)

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the wheels.........use the search feature and you will know more about Viper exhaust systems than your brain can handle.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the B&B has the best note overall, and the Corsa Track has the meanest sound at accell, decel and idle.

The B&B IMHO is overpriced however, and an absolute nightmare to install... and I dread selling them most of the time.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After searching & reading & discussing for a few months, I went with the Corsa track with stock cats.
Reasons in a nutshell: according to Corsa, who has no motivation to inflate or deflate the numbers, hiflo cats are worth about 4rwhp - for $600 & a potential pain to install - it didn't seem worth it, and I read some posts where hiflo's with a corsa or mopar, etc., were too loud or described as very agressive sounding. Having the exhaust tip 3 feet from my ear, I was afraid of being too loud, either for or my wife/son.

Install was pretty easy I thought. I did mine in the garage on jack stands, toughest part was doing it completely alone when aligning the tips and the sills, having a person help with that part would've been nice but all in all it's pretty easy to do.

Depending where you are, someone might be close that you could hear some exhausts, there are also posts with sound clips. IMHO the Corsa with stock cats is definitely not too loud, nor too quiet, and I wouldn't want it a decibel louder as I konw it'd be too much for wife to enjoy riding in etc.

Dave
03 SRT

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Go to an event and listen to the exhaust notes on the various cars. Sound is a very personal thing to most of us.

FASTFUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After searching & reading & discussing for a few months, I went with the Corsa track with stock cats.
Reasons in a nutshell: according to Corsa, who has no motivation to inflate or deflate the numbers, hiflo cats are worth about 4rwhp - for $600 & a potential pain to install - it didn't seem worth it, and I read some posts where hiflo's with a corsa or mopar, etc., were too loud or described as very agressive sounding. Having the exhaust tip 3 feet from my ear, I was afraid of being too loud, either for or my wife/son.

Install was pretty easy I thought. I did mine in the garage on jack stands, toughest part was doing it completely alone when aligning the tips and the sills, having a person help with that part would've been nice but all in all it's pretty easy to do.

Depending where you are, someone might be close that you could hear some exhausts, there are also posts with sound clips. IMHO the Corsa with stock cats is definitely not too loud, nor too quiet, and I wouldn't want it a decibel louder as I konw it'd be too much for wife to enjoy riding in etc.

Dave
03 SRT

Dave,
What did do about the HEAT?:firedev:

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I have observed, it depends on what you want the new exhaust to do. If you want quiet, it's one thing. If you want performance and strong sound under full acceleration, it's another. The one which I like best is both cool (without the crossover pipes) and strong-like a Man's man-car, and that is Bellanger full exhaust with cats (anything without cats will be too loud for converstion inside with your favorite girl). Bellanger is quality, with good tone, cool side sills and high output in Horses and torque. It sounds different because made of mild steel instead of stainless, which some of us believe creates unwanted resonance and harmonics. You listen to one and YOU decide which you like. Happy hunting.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
What did do about the HEAT?:firedev:
Warren,

I've found that the Corsa install alone has been very effective in reducing the heat. Stock it was realy too hot on the sills for my wife & my son. Now the sills are OK to put my hand on, my son has no worries climbing in & out after a long ride & you don't feel that radiating heat from the sills like before. It's not ambient cool, but the difference amazed me.

Dave.

FASTFUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warren,

I've found that the Corsa install alone has been very effective in reducing the heat. Stock it was realy too hot on the sills for my wife & my son. Now the sills are OK to put my hand on, my son has no worries climbing in & out after a long ride & you don't feel that radiating heat from the sills like before. It's not ambient cool, but the difference amazed me.

Dave.

Dave,
Are the foot wells cooler as well?:dunno:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
Are the foot wells cooler as well?:dunno:

Before it seemed heat was radiating from all over, I was looking at some insulating kits as it was too bad IMHO to leave it stock. Now it's not a "problem". I've driven in 82ish degree weather so far & it's fine, but we have 10-15 degrees warmer weather coming and I suspect it'll get toasty again at that temp, I plan on seeing how it does and take action accordingly then, maybe an insulation kit for the floors. The sills were a safety hazard before, so I'm very happy now that they're just fine heat wise.

Dave.

FASTFUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before it seemed heat was radiating from all over, I was looking at some insulating kits as it was too bad IMHO to leave it stock. Now it's not a "problem". I've driven in 82ish degree weather so far & it's fine, but we have 10-15 degrees warmer weather coming and I suspect it'll get toasty again at that temp, I plan on seeing how it does and take action accordingly then, maybe an insulation kit for the floors. The sills were a safety hazard before, so I'm very happy now that they're just fine heat wise.

Dave.

Dave,
Thanks for the help, I am going to do do the same, it's hot in AZ.:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang