Exhibition of Speed Ticket yesterday!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gerald, if I'm not mistaken, I don't think that is considered a speeding violation, that is what causes the jump in premiums. You weren't speeding. I would fight that one too. Make those piggy's go to court. Next time..squint a little like me and say you don't understand english..maybe that might work.hehe! Nope..tried it already! hehe!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like U got lucky,could have given u wreckless driving,either way they gotcha,win/lose still a half day from the office.I figure $3000.+- expenses yr.,and I think i'll be there after next months case(94 in a 45).Post your winning stratagy!
You must be registered for see images

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer Gerald,
I can tell you from experience get the best and settle for nothing less when you hire your legal counsel..

A knowledgeable lawyer costs much less and is much more proficient than your bargain basement type that prefers to make deals with the prosecutor over beating the ticket.. Now it's time for you to smoke 'em (legally that is ;-)

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate jerks like that! However, if the cop(s) show up in court, you can bet that the judge will side with them no matter what. If you bring an attorney to talk to the D/A then you'll get it thrown out or atleast a reduced fine. Another option you may have is driving school. Some states offer it, and some don't. If your state does, then just opt for driving school and it dosen't go on your record. That's what I've done and, technically,
I haven't had a ticket since '92

Good luck!

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly is Exhibition of Speed? I haven't seen that before.

I often zoom up to the speed limit (without chirping my tires), can you be given a ticket for this rapid acceleration w/o breaking tires?

Steve
"Ig'nant of the Law"

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
Next time..squint a little like me and say you don't understand english..maybe that might work.hehe! Nope..tried it already! hehe!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad that didn't work
At least it was worth a try, I'm sure.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RECOIL:
What exactly is Exhibition of Speed? I haven't seen that before.

I often zoom up to the speed limit (without chirping my tires), can you be given a ticket for this rapid acceleration w/o breaking tires?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too fast for conditions, breaking traction, improper lane change, wiping your butt with the wrong hand... They can bust you for whatever they want. There ain't no free countries.

david sklover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and the *&^&*%^ "wonder" why they're reviled and hated.
Fight it.
Fight it.
get a lawyer. still cheaper than 3 years of increased ins prems.

I was passing a radar trap 1 block from my house, staring at my speedo, doing 29 in a 30, staring at my speedo for *(&*(& sake, and he pulls me over, gives me a 40 in a 30, *&*(&&*(.

I got a lawyer and got it dismissed.

goes with driving a car like that..

David
good luck

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about:

"demonstration of accerlation"

I was making a U turn at night, no one on the road but me.... so I thought.... I did a quick 0-60 mph run after the U turn.......

one minute later I see a car approching very quickly from behind.... one come the lights....

the cop had NO IDEA how fast I was going.... just said I took off too fast.... and wrote me a ticket for it....

Brooks

http://viper.miamisci.org

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, that ticket is such BS. The reason you should fight it instead of doing traffic school, pleading no contest, etc., is that this ticket is BS to begin with. Save going to traffic school for when you get busted for something "legit" like 80 in a 65. If you do traffic school now or plead no contest for this BS, then you have to be extra-good for a while. Instead, you should fight this BS ticket. Did I mention this ticket is BS?

It sounds, based on this and previous posts, that the police are going to stay on you like holy on the pope until you move out of Florida....Or until you nail them with something like selective prosecution.

Of course the language of the law for stuff like "exhibition of speed" or "demonstration of acceleration" (gotta love that one, Fikse!) is vague, precisely so that cops can nail your for anything, if they so please.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Design your own ticket that looks just like theirs and next time while they're filling out theirs, fill out yours. Something like:
Exhibition of a small penis.

or

Demonstration of a go nowhere job.

Only do this if you can handle not getting the ticket tossed out however.

Don't donate to their ***** fund; keep the money to pay for lawyers. That way not only does your money in no way fund the state or police, but instead makes you feel good, and make them look bad in their department.

Keep a VERY obvious video and/or tape recorder in your car so that they think everything they do is recorded and they get nervous. Might even let you off.

Or just find out where they live and burn their house down while they sleep... whatever floats your boat. (j/k of course)

Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXHIBITION OF SPEED IS MUCH WORSE THEN YOU THINK. Don't confuse
it with something like a speeding ticket, in most cases its a misdemeanor.

I just got an exhibition of speed ticket about two weeks ago.
I was making a left turn on a green light at 20 mph(written
on the ticket). The tires on my &gt;&gt;2000 HONDA ACCORD&lt;&lt; (pure stock, not even an air freshener) let out a nice squeal, all 2 inches of the footprints of these tires which couldn't hold a tricycle in place without squealing. This is in Los Angeles at 2 A.M. Cop pulls me over two blocks later, gives me an exhibition of speed ticket like you would get a parking ticket. I don't know about your state, but here its a misdemeanor. Not to mention it's worse than getting two separate speeding tickets when it comes to your insurance. I am probably taking it to trial, the lawyer said it will cost $1500. I would do it myself except I've been told that my body language clearly states a$$hole no matter how humble I am or try to be, so I should try to keep my face our of court if I can help it.

I still can't believe how easily that cop handed me a ticket that would cost me either $2000 a year in insurance or a lawyer.

Eugene

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need I say more?

I have NEVER had a speeding ticket in my viper, and I'm very careful not to speed around my town as the cops are ******* around here.

Coming back from a softball tournament Saturday evening around 7:00 pm and stopped at a light with a slight incline and turning right. There are 3 cops investigating an accident on the other side of the road in an empty commercial lot. I let off the e-brake and coast backwards due to the incline. Upon coasting backwards, as you all know, you have to be more aggresive on the clutch. It was Very hot outside, gravel on the road and I'm turning left! What happens? My left rear tire lets out a small "CHIRP" as I'm turning the corner. I SLOWLY go up to speed (35 mph limit) and follow a minivan. 2 miles down the road, 3, yes 3 cops cars are flying up to catch up with me with their sirens blaring and pull me over with a 'holier than thou" attidude and ask me if I'm familiar with my cars power. I answer yes and explained that the pavement was very hot and I was on an incline and turning left and that all the traction was transferred to the right rear wheel and I did NOT in ANY way try to provoke the officers. I wouldn't be so stupid to spin out in front of (THREE) of our cities finest police officers.
He came up to my car, looked in and asked me why I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. I told him I was and he said I wasn't , I showed up the seatbelt comes from the other side and he said "oh". He later came back and fined me 83 dollars and I have no idea if this will cause a major insurance hike as I only pay 700 a year for full coverage as it is. I'm going to court over this one and I just went to the intersection and took photos.

And don't for a second think I was hot rodding , I can honestly say that I had absolutley no intention of speeding or chirping my tires. Geez, sometimes while at Walmart going 5 mph my tires squeel as I"m pulling into a parking space!

Where can I donate some money to the police fund!??

Gerald

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some cops are puds out here. I believe Gerald since he has no motive to lie like this and is genuinely mad. I have been exactly where he got the violation, it is as he describes. It's steap incline for sure, he's not used to this cars clutch, sand is exactly where the tires would neet to adhere and make traction, and the left turn would cause the left wheel to slightly raise and spin with the sand. The cop is clearly profiling you man...get a traffic lawyer, don't represent yourself yet, get experience first. Call me later....

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reckless endangerment while entering my parking lot. 25 in 30mph so he couldn't give me a ticket. I knew most of the cops in my town and asked them about this idiot. They said he was an abused son of a ***** loser.

I don't hate cops but they hate me. It pays to get to know them especially if you are in a small town. Pull into all the friggin in dunking donuts around and talk to them about anything. their souped up ****. whatever you can think of.

bast@rds.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm feeling your pain. I just got a call from my lawyer telling me that I the best he could do on my 2 point ticket (avoiding a traffic signal -- which is ridiculous because it happens so often, they just sit in the parking lot waiting to write tickets -- if it was that much of a problem they should put in some new f**king road engineering) was a drop to 1 point. Still goes on the record, which is a major problem because I still have my speeding ticket in the works, and anything over 1 point on that puts me in 12 point land...

Pissed/scared.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where Somewhere, USA is but if it's in Texas, I'm pretty sure you ain't gonna like it!

I got one years ago and it was an automatic court appearance and my insurance? To the moon!

Fight it.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a detective stop by my home for a friendly visit. He knows the guy that gave me the ticket and he told me just go to court and it will be dropped. He says the judge is VERY lenient and indeed it's a b.s. ticket.

well, lets see, I'll keep you all posted..

I got the WRONG COLOR! ARREST ME RED!

Gerald

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trinity:
Originally posted by BSchillinger:

(5) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable pursuant to chapter 318 as either a pedestrian violation [huh?!] or, if the infraction resulted from the operation of a vehicle, as a moving violation.

/QUOTE]

Maybe it's a pedestrian violation when you hit one.

Bill
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe if you take off in your sneakers and they squeak...cops'll bust you for anything?!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960