Extended warranty prices and info?

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be calling around Mon. (local dealer to start) to obtain a extended warranty on my '00 (4k miles). What plans are available and at approx. what cost? I found some very old posts where max warranty should run around $1300 which I do not think is too bad. Would like to arm myself with some info before I call around, particularly the local five star as they are always overpriced with horrid service. Any direction or contacts for purchase would be appreciated.

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might also try,Stevens Creek Dodge,at 408-248-1800,talk to Larry Valdez.They had the lowest price,I could find when I bought one a year ago.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chrysler raised their rates in November , and in the past there were no large surcharges if you waited. Current contracts have a $100 surcharge if the car is over a year old and $300 if it is over 2 years old. Make sure you get a Maxcare contract, but there are differences across the board with a 60,000 mile contract being the lowest mileage now available. Make sure the dealer you talk to is giving you the updated contracts, as DC is kicking out the ones sent in on the old plans.