External Electrical Shutoff Switch

BPearson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI. During the Sunday Viperdays door-to-door race at Thunderhill, in the first lap I had some debris (chunk of rubber most likely as it was flying everywhere) fly up and hit the external electrical shut-off switch placing it in the off position :confused: . This instantly shut the car down and was not immeadiatly obvious causing me about a minute of time before realizing what happened. The odds of this happening is very small but worth the time to change the stock switch with some kind of covered switch. In a World Challenge or other professional race where there is money on the line, it could be the difference between winning and losing. I would also recommend changing the external fire extinguisher button to prevent such a possiblity of it being activated by debris.
:usa:

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very unfortunate that it happened to you at T-Hill. When Joe B & I saw the 1st Comp Coupe at Willow Springs last January we said the same thing. The toggle switch on the front of the car was certain to be activated by debris. We knew it would happen to someone sooner or later. At the very least, it should have been pointed towards the other direction so that if debris did hit it, it would not shut the car off. Something should be done so that the same thing doesn't happen to someone else. Let us know what you come up with. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang