FACTORY REP FROM DODGE SAYS ALL VIPERS RUN HOT! HE SAYS 260 DEGREES IS OK!

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: FACTORY REP FROM DODGE SAYS ALL VIPERS RUN HOT! HE SAYS 260 DEGREES IS

Lets all take turns blowing it up. Better outcome for everbody.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keyboardclown said....
"I HAVE RECEIVED HUGE NUMBERS OF EMAILS FROM PEOPLE WHO USE ALL CAPS OR ALL LOWER CASE...SO WHAT? WHO CARES?"

I tell ya what, why don't you just cut and paste a
bunch of those here to prove it. Make sure to include their user names so we can make sure that you don't make them up. And more significantly, why don't you just go back and look at how many people on this thread alone have politely, and not so politely asked you to turn it off. Using all lower case would be fine, but all caps is hard to read. I come down on you so hard because it is just so incredible to me that you come here asking for help and refuse requests to turn it off. And I've seen you do it on COUNTLESS other threads where again, you came here with questions and requests for help.
Additionally, I have been here since 99 and can only recall one other member who refuses to turn it off when asked. He uses it as part of his signature, calling himself CAPS and runs in the 9's......He doesn't need to come here for help, only racing smack, where the use of all caps makes him seem as if he's yelling, which is in character for smack.
Furthermore, you are basically toast with your problem. If indeed you have some notion of a far fetched conspiracy about your year engine and the help that DC has quietly given others to solve the problem......and that notion is true....you have almost surely eliminated ANY chance of being helped by DC by hanging out this oh so public laundry. Be pretty hard to pay you off at this point to keep you quiet eh? Your absolute home run would have been to work through Joe Houss, or Janni or other VCA officers to resolve your problem. My guess is it's too late now for that, it's common knowledge that DC monitors this board and RESPONDS Waaaay beyond the call of duty to situations presented politely and reasonably that are then carried out through VCA channels.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SNAKBIT

D O N'T S U G E R C O A T I T S A Y W H A T Y O U M E A N ! !

W E A R E A L L A D U L T S H E R E , W E C A N T A K E I T . :rolleyes:

Skeeter

Sorry all, I was biting my tongue and trying to stay as PC as possible.
Obviously "the assshat" doesn't get it.

:)

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SNAKBIT
You misunderstood,not PC tell the "CAPSCLOWN" the facts :2tu: He does not understand karma,you get what you have coming.

Skeeter

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, change the water pump. It's always that FIFTH time that usually works. Or take it somewhere else and have them figure it out correctly. Unless you enjoy going around and around the money ride. Did you ever consider returning the car under the lemon law?

Oh ya, I really thought this guy had replaced (4) waterpumps. Apperently my attempt at humor was misguided.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LEE,

I DID GO TO JOE HOUSS FIRST!

HE WAS GREAT! HE REFERRED THE MATTER TO THE VCA D/C VIPER REP.. D/C WAS PISSED THAT DAN CRAGIN EVER TOUCHED THE CAR (NOT A DEALER) AND THAT HE SENT THE ENGINE TO ARROW UNDER WARRANTY (WHO DID FIND A MAJOR PROBLEM)..

THERE IS IN-HOUSE INFO THAT SOME OF US HAVE LEARNED (DOCUMENTED) ABOUT VIPERS AND D/C THAT IS NOT PUBLIC RECORD.. STANDARD BIG 3 POLICY ..DENY ALL NON-SAFETY PROBLEMS EXIST (CHEAPER THAN RECALL)

AFTER THAT I GOT THE CALL FROM MY AREA REP THAT SAID 260 DEGREES AND RUNNING IN THE RED IS NORMAL FOR A VIPER..

YOU ASKED FOR THESE...
;
;

HERE ARE A FEW EMAILS FROM THE LAST FEW DAYS..

THIS EMAIL CAME LAST NIGHT!

THEY WANT TO BOOK OUR INFINITY POOL FOR A STILL PHOTO SHOOT.. FOR FASHION NEIMAN MARCUS..

NOTICE THAT IT IS ALL LOWER CASE EXCEPT THE ALL CAPS PART ASKING FOR INSURANCE INFO..DATES

dear jeff, so we are confirming to book the hse... i will send over a contract first thing in the morning. ( i have to go into hancock park right now &
get signatures to shoot this sunday)... CAN U EMAIL ME THE INS. INFO ?

ps: can they please please please set up their catering (usually from good food) in the kitchen ?
they do at all our houses and they are clean & neat & respectable!!!

i will call you tom. about coming over & taking some more shots (they asked) & scoping out the parking situation & meeting
u in person... etc..

so im glad were good to go for $2300 per day toyou, for both THUR dec 2nd & FRI 3rd.

glad to be working with you .... thanks!

tell your other folks i have some infinity pools they can look at... (we can split the commission ?)
call me if interested. bye.

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE,,
Subject: vf jen aniston
Date: November 1, 2004 9:32:35 AM PST
To: &lt;a href="mailto:[email protected]"&gt;[email protected]&lt;/a&gt;
Cc: &lt;a href="mailto:[email protected]">tthurn@s"&gt;tthurn@s&lt;/a&gt;
Subject: vf jen aniston
Date: November 1, 2004 9:32:35 AM PST
To: &lt;a href="mailto:[email protected]"&gt;[email protected]&lt;/a&gt;
Cc: &lt;a href="mailto:[email protected]</a>
hi sarah,

i spoke with sj last week and it seems that all she'd like for the
shoot is a landrover and a few pieces of furniture...

we are still tracking down the right land rover with a soft canvas top.
otherwise we have a few hard top/no top options.

the budget could be this:

land rover $1000
furniture 750
tent (?) 500

rental truck $150 x 3 450
expendables 200
gas, parking 200

me x 3 days 750
asst x 3 days 525

total 4375

please let me know if this is ok

as for todd's shoot, i went out to the location yesterday and it all looks
good, the only thing we'll need to get is hard hats for everybody!

thanks, tt

NO ONE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH HAS EVER CARED ABOUT TYPE..

MAYBE ITS JUST THE PEOPLE IN MY INDUSTRY? :smirk:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not sure about your eyes but that looks to be in lower case to me. The only upper cases used seemed to be to clarify specifics.

A n d y o u u s e t h e s e a s a b a s i s t o u s e a l l c a p s ? g e t r e a l !

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SNAKBIT
You misunderstood,not PC tell the "CAPSCLOWN" the facts :2tu: He does not understand karma,you get what you have coming.

Skeeter

:D :D :2tu: :usa:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All caps are fine. I say we take the motor and CAP off the intake and exhaust so no elements can get in or out. Then try our best to run the motor to 300 degrees, somethings gotta let go internally, if not the exhaust system. Then its simple from there remove the caps from the intake and exhaust and flat bed in dearlership for a full warranty. PS. Make sure exhaust is covered under warranty. You see using CAPS can work to your advantage.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't you have better luck getting help related to your problem if you:

1. Stopped arguing about CAPS, just used normal typing etiquette and stopped posting private emails from people in lower case (who probably don't want their message posted, despite whether you've been asked for them). I know, I know, that sentence was too long and complicated to be responded to by someone exhibiting signs of substance abuse.
2. Stopped taking assinine *** shots at helpful VCA members, Viper experts and DaimlerChrysler.
3. Didn't raise the conspiracy theory on late model Vipers.
4. Responded to questions with answers that are in some way related to the question members have that are trying to help you.

Perhaps you might want to try going into hibernation for a few months again, then create another ALL CAPS post, stir up a bunch of VCA folks, criticize everyone trying to help, paste in some emails describing how incredibly important you are but actually back up everyone else's point and see if it works that time. Who knows, apparently we were gulible enough to try to help you this time despite your history.

PS. Janni, I couldn't let you be the only region pres to be insulted... bring it on EXECMALIBU...but I'll only read your insults if you drop the CAPS!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NO DOUBT ALL OF THE "CAPSPOLICE" HAVE QUIET STOCK EXHAUSTS AND WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO OFFEND ANYONE ESPECIALLY WITH EXCESSIVE SPEED.. AND IF SOMEONE WERE TO COMPLAIN THESE SAME PEOPLE WOULD IMMEDIATELY CONFORM AND APPOLOGIZE?

Actually, yes. If my neighbors complained I certainly would feel bad about the noise of my car. If my local "police" were involved in the tone of my exhaust, I believe it would be mandatory to change it. Either way, swapping an exhaust back is not quite as simple as just hitting the damn caps lock button. You've gone out of your way to ignore this issue, and that's what ****** people off about you. You just don't get it, Man.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

that's cuz he's better than us :rolleyes:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe better 'n you-

I personally don't work in a bleeding heart liberal infested industry that parades self indulged high school grads around as their political spokespeople :D

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe better 'n you-

I personally don't work in a bleeding heart liberal infested industry that parades self indulged high school grads around as their political spokespeople :D

not better than me, he just THINKS he is.... :D

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It cracks me up you guys because you are doing exactly what he/she wants.You get ********** over and over again.It reminds me of bass fishing when you throw a topwater all day long and they keep hitting it.I will say its entertaining! :D

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How does a 2001 and newer radiator cap differ from the 2000 and older caps?

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

With the amount of attention this thread has attracted I think that I should make so sort of comment.

Mr. Mohr, as you are aware we agreed to look at your vehicle because of our respect for Daimler Chrysler and your insistence to help you. We dealt with you professionally and made every effort to accomadate you (with great personal expense). Only after your insistence for personal compensation for a warranty related complaint we referred you back to the dealer network.

In our effort to help you (because of our respect for the product and commitment to customer service) our ties to Daimler Chrysler have been compromised, our business compromised and our integrety questioned. All this for trying to help.

I do not believe it is fair for you to mention us in this public forum for a complaint that is not with us. I respectfully ask that you exclude us from this discussion.

DanLyon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Daniel,
No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Give them an inch, they'll TAKE a mile.

It is sad, because some people still appreciate being helped.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Daniel,
No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Give them an inch, they'll TAKE a mile.

It is sad, because some people still appreciate being helped.

Cast that in stone. How true.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

execmalibu:

you know,cars have feelings too and if you behave with your Viper the way you do on this board,I'm not surprised that you got so many problems with her.

Instead of acting like an assh%le when peoples are asking you nicely to turn the caps off,you could use your brain (if you have one) and realize that this board DON'T belong to you and consequently show some consideration and respect for the other users.

The rep is certainly a ***** to state than 260* is normal, but since you believe that caps are normal too, may be you got the only Viper that was specifically built for a *****, in this case, 260* for you car is normal.

Luc.00GTS

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Dan has given us a clue as to why EXECMALIBU acts like an ass and keeps the caps on even though he has received plenty of negative feedback. It is his way of keeping his elite status and looking down upon us poor indigents. I propose we provide him with exactly what he deserves. That is to provide absolutely no beneficial commentary until he takes his head out of ass and communicates to us as equals rather than as a king and his court. I am done trying to assist such a ****.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still want to blow up the motor. Give everybody peace of mind except the dealership servicing the warranty.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Dan has given us a clue as to why EXECMALIBU acts like an ass and keeps the caps on even though he has received plenty of negative feedback. It is his way of keeping his elite status and looking down upon us poor indigents. I propose we provide him with exactly what he deserves. That is to provide absolutely no beneficial commentary until he takes his head out of ass and communicates to us as equals rather than as a king and his court. I am done trying to assist such a ****.

Well, Ron, I did find this picture of him...

5647averageboss.jpg

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you ever see the Seinfeld episode where Elaine has a skin rash...Kramer has a cough...and Uncle Leo burnt his face (something like that).

Elaine goes to the doctor but the doctor dismisses it. Kramer doesn't trust doctors.

Uncle Leo refers Elaine to his Doctor, but the Doctor needs Elaine's chart. Well the chart states that Elaine is difficult and refuses to treat her...as the result Uncle Leo falls out of favor with his Doctor.

Meanwhile Kramer befriends a Dog who has the same cough as he does. So Kramer gets an idea to take the dog to the Vet and split the medication with the dog. Kramer starts behaving like a dog as the result of the meds. but he doesn't get any better.

So the three of them decide to take a ride to the suburbs to get medical attention. All is going well until they are sitting in the waiting room and the phone rings. Its the previous Doctor informing the new one that these guys are difficult and so the Doctor refuses to treat them.

* I can not seem to for a correlation between the TV show and this situation, but basically it looks like the lawyers will have to work this one out. YOU HAVE ALIENATED EVERYONE THAT HAS TRIED TO HELP YOU. You are fixated on the problem, not the solution.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan Cragin is a hell of a guy I have spoken to him a few times about advice and mods and I know of many others on this board that have done business with him and he is an outstanding guy all around so I feel if this is hurting his business and ties to Chrysler thats really not fair to him.

EX
look man you got a crappy dodge rep that says "its normal" and hes an idiot so I would do this make an appointment with Chuck Tator have the car shipped here and I will assist you in getting it to Chuck (im more then likely going to get flamed for being the only one still willing to help you but who cares) they have a local "drop off" spot here in norwalk I can pick it up for you and bring it to Chuck on your appointment date,being that its getting pretty chilly here the overheating SHOULD be less of a problem.

BTW Chuck is a offical dodge dealership who knows about vipers and will say that its not normal im sure he can do the warranty work.

Let me know ot Pm me if you need help.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Looks like DC is giving Mr big-time Malibu executive the shove! The DC rep knows 260 is not normal, but is putting the burden of proof on Mr Caps to prove otherwise. Basically they are telling him to go "pound sand".

I can't imagine why! :rolleyes:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This the the funniest thread I have ever read.