FACTORY REP FROM DODGE SAYS ALL VIPERS RUN HOT! HE SAYS 260 DEGREES IS OK!

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE COOLING FANS DO COME ON @ 210 DEGREES AND THEY RUN ALMOST ALL OF THE TIME...

THE OTHER DAY IT WAS 52 DEGREES AMBIENT TEMP... MOVING AT 75 MPH AND THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING AT OVER 232 DEGREES... AND THE COOLING FANS KICKED ON AT 210!.

AGAIN IT WAS ONLY 52 DEGREES AND I WAS DOING 75 MPH! THE FANS SHOULD NEVER COME ON AT 75 MPH ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS COLD OUTSIDE.. THE FANS ARE THERE FOR VERY SLOW SPEED OR STOP AND GO DRIVING TO MOVE MORE AIR THROUGH THE RADIATOR. THE AIR BEING FORCED THROUGH THE RADIATOR @ 75 MPH SHOULD BE MORE THAN ENOUGH!

ON EVERY OTHER CAR ON THE PLANET AT 52 DEGREES AMBIENT THE THERMOSTAT WOULD BE SLIGHTLY CLOSED TO KEEP THE ENGINE TEMPS UP..

NOT IN THIS CAR!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh, execmalibooboo returns. The man who is responsible for my only coiner award from Vipermad....CAPSCLOWN. This guy has been here sooo many times asking about this that he ought to do a search on his own threads. And he has been asked sooo many times to take the caps key off. You would think someone asking for HELP would have the consideration to comply with polite requests to turn it off, but he never has, instead he loves to troll and debate it. BooBoo, whether you are shouting or not isn't relevant, IT IS FREAKIN HARDER TO READ ALL CAPS! AND YOU ARE ASKING FOR HELP! IT WOULD BE A COURTESY TO US ALL IF YOU WOULD TURN IT OFF! By the way BooBoo there is another site you might inquire about your problem. viperalleydotcom. Go to the anything goes forum and enquire. It would be fine to leave the caps key on there. They are much looser and more tolerant there. Over to you City.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: FACTORY REP FROM DODGE SAYS ALL VIPERS RUN HOT! HE SAYS 260 DEGREES IS

Either way he is a viper owner and he is in need of some help so like I said before if you need to take it to Chuck (and I honestly think you should) I am willing to help ya out.

Caps don't really bother me some people it really does bother so take em off and you will get alot better of advice from people.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let me get this right, you have an Arrow rebuilt motor, all new parts on basically every part related to the cooling system, and your car still runs hot??? And the dealer can't figure out what's wrong!?

You need to shift gears here, stop replacing parts and find a new mechanic. The individual parts CANNOT be the problem at this point, unless you have the worst luck in the world. The problem HAS to be how they were put together. Again, it comes down to your mechanic. The other input you need is a fresh eye (new mechanic). I've seen your posts on this problem here before, and I can only say no matter how smart and experienced some of the guys here are, you will not find the answer here. Someone who knows what they are doing needs to look over your car. Something very basic has to be wrong and your mechanic is just so far into your motor he's missing it.

Last thought...try this button with your next post:

5647Capslock.jpg

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, change the water pump. It's always that FIFTH time that usually works. Or take it somewhere else and have them figure it out correctly. Unless you enjoy going around and around the money ride. Did you ever consider returning the car under the lemon law?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final answer, he uses the Dan Cragin name, we all know Dan's reputation. If Dan can't solve the problem, then there IS no problem. And I repeat, do a search for this guys posts. He is a troll, he comes here only to infer that there is something very wrong with Vipers in general. His next posts will about his other exotic cars and how wonderful they are compared to the Viper. This is what he does, he opens up asking for help using the caps key, gets everybody arguing about whether he should use it or not, then he tells everybody about his other exotic cars to impress them and dump on the Viper. He has been here for years complaining about the same thing. I hereby withdraw the CAPSCLOWN moniker that Vipermad crowned me with when I last took issue with this guy and hereby pronounce him.......

TemperatureTool... :D

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TemperatureTool...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LMAO @ City and lee.....classic stuff right there.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

But please. You need to spell it correctly: FAHRENHEITFOOL.

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ever since I put on my supercharger mine has been running hotter BUT John at West Coast Viper said it was normal for mine to run 250+ with the SC is he right or not????

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I thought the Roe runs hotter then the paxton (I assume you have the paxton still) and froom what I hear the Roe does NOT run that hot so I honestly don't think so.

Maybe some of the more expirenced guys or tuners can chime in on that one tho.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LEE,

ONLY A ***** AFTER READING ( YOU CAN READ?) MY RECENT POSTS WOULD MAKE COMMENTS THAT "THERE IS NO PROBLEM" .. .. BASED ON YOUR STUPID REPLY DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I LIKE TAKING MY VIPER BACK TO THE SHOP OVER TEN TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM! OR THAT I WANTED TO BE WITHOUT THE CAR FOR OVER 4 MONTHS WHILE THE ENGINE WAS BEING REBUILT?.. DO YOU THINK THAT DAN CRAGIN HAS REPLACED EVERYTHING LISTED IN MY POST BECAUSE THE CAR IS RUNNING TO COLD??

THE ARROW REPORT SAID THEY FOUND THAT 2 LINERS HAD MOVED CAUSING COMBUSTION GASES TO ENTER THE COOLING SYSTEM "CAUSING THE OVERHEATING PROBLEM"

TWO DIFFERENT DEALERS CHECKED THE CAR WITH A FACTORY DRB! THE FIRST MECHANIC LOOKED AT THE GAUGE AND SAID "THIS CAR IS RUNNING TO HOT" HIS DRB REPORTED THE COOLANT TEMP WAS AT 244 DEGREES.

THE SECOND DEALER SERVICE WRITER WHEN I SAID MY CAR IS RUNNING VERY HOT HE REPLIED "THAT HE COULD SMELL IT WAS TO HOT".. THEY PLUGGED IN ANOTHER DRB AND THIS ONE READ 232 DEGREES ON A COLD DAY.

THEN THE FACTORY REP DID NOT DENY THAT THE CAR WAS VERY RUNNING HOT! HE SAID IT IS NORMAL "ALL VIPERS RUN VERY HOT!"

I GUESS IT IS THE IDIOTS LIKE YOU THAT BELIEVE THE FACTORY REPS PARTY LINE AND GO AWAY THINKING EVERYTHING IS FINE BECAUSE "DA SMART FACTORY GUY SAY CAR IS OK"

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LEE,

ONLY A ***** AFTER READING ( YOU CAN READ?) MY RECENT POSTS WOULD MAKE COMMENTS THAT "THERE IS NO PROBLEM" .. .. BASED ON YOUR STUPID REPLY DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I LIKE TAKING MY VIPER BACK TO THE SHOP OVER TEN TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM! OR THAT I WANTED TO BE WITHOUT THE CAR FOR OVER 4 MONTHS WHILE THE ENGINE WAS BEING REBUILT?.. DO YOU THINK THAT DAN CRAGIN HAS REPLACED EVERYTHING LISTED IN MY POST BECAUSE THE CAR IS RUNNING TO COLD??

THE ARROW REPORT SAID THEY FOUND THAT 2 LINERS HAD MOVED CAUSING COMBUSTION GASES TO ENTER THE COOLING SYSTEM "CAUSING THE OVERHEATING PROBLEM"

TWO DIFFERENT DEALERS CHECKED THE CAR WITH A FACTORY DRB! THE FIRST MECHANIC LOOKED AT THE GAUGE AND SAID "THIS CAR IS RUNNING TO HOT" HIS DRB REPORTED THE COOLANT TEMP WAS AT 244 DEGREES.

THE SECOND DEALER SERVICE WRITER WHEN I SAID MY CAR IS RUNNING VERY HOT HE REPLIED "THAT HE COULD SMELL IT WAS TO HOT".. THEY PLUGGED IN ANOTHER DRB AND THIS ONE READ 232 DEGREES ON A COLD DAY.

THEN THE FACTORY REP DID NOT DENY THAT THE CAR WAS VERY RUNNING HOT! HE SAID IT IS NORMAL "ALL VIPERS RUN VERY HOT!"

I GUESS IT IS THE IDIOTS LIKE YOU THAT BELIEVE THE FACTORY REPS PARTY LINE AND GO AWAY THINKING EVERYTHING IS FINE BECAUSE "DA SMART FACTORY GUY SAY CAR IS OK"

Here you go missing the point again. You are going around in circles. STOP taking it to different people just to reassure you it is running too hot. You know that already. Take it to someone who can help you. I bet there is an internal problem with the block. Others suggested that above...casting defect, cylinder re-line done bad, etc. You need to move forward here, just like the CAPS LOCK issue. No matter what anyone says, you are fixated on one thing. Does it run hot? YES! Is the factory rep BS'ing you? YES? Is there a solution? OF COURSE. Take it in to a pro and have him look over it fresh. Will you take the caps lock off? PROBABLY NOT!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange....but somehow, I get an odd sense that there's an interesting analogy here...

Viper owner repairs car over ten times without resolving problem.

Viper owner is informed over ten times exactly and explicitly where caps lock key is located.

Hmmmmmmm....

Coincidence????

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COP MAGNET,

MAYBE I WAS NOT CLEAR...THE CAR IS STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY...

DO YOU RECOMEND THAT I THROW AWAY THE REMAINING 3 YEARS OF MY WARRANTY AND PAY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO FIX A D/C DEFECT? I HAVE ALREADY SPENT OVER $2K ON THE PROBLEM..

THE CAR PROBABLY DOES HAVE A DEFECT IN THE BLOCK OR HEADS BUT THAT IS A D/C RESPONSIBILITY TO REPAIR CORRECTLY THE FIRST TIME..4 MONTHS IS MORE THAN A RESONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME TO FIND AND FIX THE PROBLEM CORRECTLY.

D/C TELLING ME THAT ALL VIPERS RUN HOT AND 260 DEGREES IS NORMAL IS RIDICULOUS! I WILL NEVER ACCEPT THAT BULLSH"T STORY..

WOULD YOU IF IT WAS YOUR VIPER?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Call Chuck he is a Dodge dealership/viper tech im sure he will get this worked out for ya give em a call.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I HAVE SPOKEN TO CHUCK TATOR TWICE..HE SAID WE HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING HE CAN POSSIBLY THINK OF AND THERE IS NOTHING HE CAN DO.... HE THINKS DAN CRAGIN IS VERY COMPETANT

THE CAR HAS BEEN INSPECTED BY 4 DIFFERANT VIPER TECHS..THE ONLY SOLUTION THEY ALL SEEM TO ARRIVE AT IS THAT THE ENGINE NEEDS TO COME OUT AND BE SENT BACK TO ARROW..

ARROW SAYS THE ENGINE BLOCK MAY BE DEFECTIVE AND THERE ARE NO MORE COMPLETE GEN II ENGINES..

THEY SAY IT MAY TAKE ANOTHER 4 MONTHS AND THAT THEY CAN ONLY ASSEMBLE ANOTHER ENGINE FROM MISC PARTS.. THEN I WILL HAVE NON-MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS... AND A MIXED BAG OF ENGINE PARTS ALL WITH DIFFERANT DATE CODES..

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I wonder if a clear hose could be temporarily substituted for a radiator hose? That way you could see if there are excessive bubbles flowing through the coolant. And if, (assuming a good burping was done), these bubbles got progressively worse, that could point to exhaust gasses leaking into the coolant, maybe through the head gasket? Maybe an O2 sensor welded into a spare radiator cap could help detect hydrocarbons.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder if a clear hose could be temporarily substituted for a radiator hose? That way you could see if there are excessive bubbles flowing through the coolant. And if, (assuming a good burping was done), these bubbles got progressively worse, that could point to exhaust gasses leaking into the coolant, maybe through the head gasket? Maybe an O2 sensor welded into a spare radiator cap could help detect hydrocarbons.

Another idea would be to take that clear hose and BEAT HIS ASS WITH IT! untill he turns off the caps!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I HAVE SPOKEN TO CHUCK TATOR TWICE..HE SAID WE HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING HE CAN POSSIBLY THINK OF AND THERE IS NOTHING HE CAN DO.... HE THINKS DAN CRAGIN IS VERY COMPETANT

THE CAR HAS BEEN INSPECTED BY 4 DIFFERANT VIPER TECHS..THE ONLY SOLUTION THEY ALL SEEM TO ARRIVE AT IS THAT THE ENGINE NEEDS TO COME OUT AND BE SENT BACK TO ARROW..

ARROW SAYS THE ENGINE BLOCK MAY BE DEFECTIVE AND THERE ARE NO MORE COMPLETE GEN II ENGINES..

THEY SAY IT MAY TAKE ANOTHER 4 MONTHS AND THAT THEY CAN ONLY ASSEMBLE ANOTHER ENGINE FROM MISC PARTS.. THEN I WILL HAVE NON-MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS... AND A MIXED BAG OF ENGINE PARTS ALL WITH DIFFERANT DATE CODES..

Well there it is - buried in all this drivel is YOUR FREAKING ANSWER.

You mean to tell me that you've had techs advise and be willing to PULL THE MOTOR and send it back to be REPAIRED and you've not done it? WHAT EXACTLY are you expecting to gain from posting HERE? I know you might not want a different block - but if everyone agrees THAT'S THE FIX then what else do you WANT?????

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It might not be all that bad. Could be they dropped a nut or bolt into a water passage when it was rebuilt and they can get it out. From your previous posts it seems this all started after the Arrow rebuild. How could they have damaged the block in that way? I'm betting something got lodged in there.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

THAT IS JUST AWFUL. :rolleyes:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Another idea would be to take that clear hose and BEAT HIS ASS WITH IT! untill he turns off the caps!

rotflmao! That made me laugh out loud! Kinda reminded me of Marine Corps boot camp, too!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lmao.

Vic did have a great idea there a REALLY good idea maybe you should try that.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JANNI,

YOUR A CLUB PRESIDENT? GEEEZE...

HAVE SOME READ TO YOU THE POST AGAIN SLOWLY! HAVE THEM EXPLAIN WHAT IT MEANS AND THAT THE TITLE SAYS "FACTORY REP SAYS ALL VIPERS RUN HOT! HE SAYS 260 DEGREES IS OK!"

WHAT THE FACTORY REP IS TELLING US IS THAT HE DOES NOT FIND ANY PROBLEM WITH THE CAR AND IT IS NORMAL! HE SAYS DRIVING THE CAR WITH THE NEEDLE ON THE TEMP GAUGE PEGGED IN THE RED IS OK! HE HAS NOT AUTHORIZED THE SECOND REBUILD!!!..

IN ADDITION IF YOU ARE FOOLISH ENOUGH NOT TO CARE THAT WITH A CAR STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY THAT D/C WILL TRY AND PAWN OFF A BUNCH OF MISC PARTS..AND MY CAR MAY HAVE A 1999 BLOCK WITH ONE 2000 HEAD AND THE ANOTHER HEAD A 2002.. AND THAT THE CAR WILL BE GONE FOR ANOTHER 4 MONTHS THEN YOU ARE AN IDIOT..

THE ENGINE WAS SENT TO ARROW THE FIRST TIME BECAUSE IT WAS OVERHEATING! ARROW FOUND A MAJOR PROBLEM AND SAID THEY FIXED IT! THE CAR WAS DOWN FOR 4 MONTHS!

IF YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CAR BEING DOWN FOR ALMOST A YEAR TRYING TO FIX A FACTORY DEFECT THEN THEY SAY I MIGHT GET A BOX OF PARTS AS MY REPLACEMENT ENGINE,, THEN I GUESS THAT YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY IM PISSED! :confused:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Far be it from us to indicate anything to you. I have read many complaints about your use of caps in posts over the years. To date it has not resulted in any improvement. Yet you continue to call everyone that offers comments and advice an idiot. What the hell do you expect from other owners? Respect? That needs to be mutual and you have surely not earned it. If you treat the "FACTORY REPS" the same way then I can understand why you are getting nowhere.

For you I say "GEEZE..."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude